Cinderella

ronaldo9

I was just wandering if anybody knew about Cinderella's intentions this summer. I heard that Tom Keifer was coming out with a solo album, then they're supposed to get back together and tour again this summer. I was hoping if somebody could tell me if this is true or not, mainly because I missed the Rock Never Stops Tour.

Ah good to see another Cinderella fan among us. :)

As far as that goes, Keifer's debut solo album is expected soon, I don't know what is happening about it, it's been what I call a "Chinese Democracy push back" as in a release date was rumoured, and it didn't happen, so they started a new date for the rumour. It should be out this year, my guess is March, look for it to sound alot like "Heartbreak Station", acoustic with country and blues influences.

Cinderella touring, according to the site message board, Keifer is mixing a new live album (apparently from the Rock Never Stops tour 2005) so that should be out, and then they are heading out on a tour in July time.

No word on if this is just a US tour (Please come to the UK!!!) But as far as I know they are coming out this summer, look for dates to be revealed around April/May time.

See ya around, and keep Climbing.

You know anything about the Naked Beggars? I saw them live and got a free demo/promo thing with four tracks on it from their singer.

Ah yeah that's got Eric Brittingham (The bassist of Cinderella) in it, he's changed a bit from the 80s, got black hair and a beard now, I haven't personally heard any Naked Beggars, I know Eric' wife is the singer, and the also have Jeff LaBarr (Cinderella's guitarist) in, I'm not sure if he's a full-time member though.

They have just released their second album "Spit It Out". Check it out, and tell me what you think.

hopefully if they tour this summer they come back up to Toronto! :wub:

I just picked up their concert dvd...its a awsome dvd rock4

Ah, I just want them to tour the UK! I don't think they have since 92!

The DVD is alright, I need to watch a few more time I think, but the sound quality and picture quality is pretty crappy in my view, although the sound does improve towards the ends of the DVD

The Video hits DVD is amazing, I love it, the main menu is just brilliantly animated.

Hair metal is ultimately an image factor, so when they all mature and (most) lose their hair. Does it remain hair metal?

Ah, to be fair, Cinderella were only Hair Metal in the Night Songs Era.

They changed styles alot in each album, and they only released 4.

Night Songs is hair metal.

Long Cold Winter, is Blues.

Heartbreak Station is Country/Blues/Rock with acoustic guitars and such.

Still Climbing (Their best album!) is Hard Rock with a bluesy tone. It's brilliant, unfortunately didn't do well commercially as the release in 94, grunge was in. It's one of my favourite albums of all time.

Question.

Does Cinderella still have the original 4 members, and a keyboard player?

Just wondering. I only saw them once in the late 80's opening for Bon Jovi. Great band.

Yes.

Tom Keifer (Vocals/Guitar), Eric Brittingham (Bass), Jeff LaBarr (Guitar) and Fred Coury (Drums) are still in the band. The keyboardist, whose name I do not know, was never a permanent member, but I know they still have one judging by the Cinderella bootlegs I have from 2005 and 2000 (Cheers AF)

However, before the release of Still Climbing (I'd like to add again, their best album!) Fred Coury left the band and was replaced, the guy who replaced him's name escapes me right now. However when the band made mini reunions in 1995 and 1997 (The 95 as a benefit gig, I don't think they went under the Cinderella name though, 97 to record an extra track for a best of..) they were back with Fred Coury, until their proper reunion in late 98/99.

Since then they've signed a new record deal in 2000, and set to work on a new album and toured with Poison. However with the album finished the record company (Porcelain Records I think?) went into liquidation, for legal reasons I don't know, Sony now owns the rights to all the new Cinderella songs, and is preventing them from releasing any new albums other than live and best ofs... Cinderella have taken this matter to court and still hasn't been resolved, so until then you'll have to make do with DVD's, Live CD's, Solo Albums and Best Of's.

Fred Coury left the band and was replaced, the guy who replaced him's name escapes me right now.

Wasn't his replacement Ray Brinker?

Ah, it may have been, I recognize the name.

I thought it was Tom Ketra, but that was the guy on drums before Fred Coury joined.

Either way, it's the original line-up again and they are still rockin the way they did back in 86!