"Catcher in the Rye"

Arcade Roses

WHY THIS IS FAKE:

-there's cheap synths

-the voice is too nasal to be Axl (listen to OMG or I.R.S.)

-drum machine

-riff, as Dachan said, is like a 60s/70s rock band (the Stones or Zep)

-catcher in the rye is supposidly an "epic" song with a string section. this is a rock song and it would make NO sense to have strings in it

this song is fake™

Edited by mynameisjonas

Guest JohnUlmer

It sounds like a mix between Queen and The Rolling Stones. Hard to say, but I doubt it. The lyrics sound more like Robert Plant than Axl and it's very basic -- too basic, I think -- to be from the album.

And if it's real, where's the rest of the clip? Why cut it off right when the vocals start?

Fake.

IRS-style? First comes a clip to get people interested then few other clips and eventually the whole song?

The first I.R.S. clip had verifiable lyrics for, like, thirty seconds. It wasn't some thirty-second shitty intro that cuts off right when it got to Axl.

i think it's safe to say this is either a led zep or gnr demo.

and why is htgth down? coincidence?

are you saying someone posted the song at HTGTH and so no one could get to it, they put the site offline?

i was saying that since you don't need to be a member to see their message board, they could've experienced a huge amount of traffic

Because everyone would know its a fake as soon as they heard the singer ;)

Fake.

Agreed. All these supposed Guns N' Roses tracks conveniently cut off right at the singing. That song sounded like absaloute shite anyway. A 4 year old could have written something more original. <_<

Because everyone would know its a fake as soon as they heard the singer ;)

Fake.

Agreed. All these supposed Guns N' Roses tracks conveniently cut off right at the singing. That song sounded like absaloute shite anyway. A 4 year old could have written something more original. <_<

yes, a 4 yr old could come up with something better than finck :P

Edited by quadlaser

Been a sleeper on here for ages,it seems a pretty tough place for newbies and have had no new info on gnr whatsoever!.What i can say though 100% is the tune passed off as catcher is British indie band El Presidente.The song is one of the four promo tunes on the uk sony PSP.Hope this helps

Edited by basher19

Been a sleeper on here for ages,it seems a pretty tough place for newbies and have had no new info on gnr whatsoever!.What i can say though 100% is the tune passed off as catcher is British indie band El Presedente.The song is one of the four promo tunes on the uk sony PSP.Hope this helps

as i said:

this song is fake™

and el presedente sucks.

Been a sleeper on here for ages,it seems a pretty tough place for newbies and have had no new info on gnr whatsoever!.What i can say though 100% is the tune passed off as catcher is British indie band El Presidente.The song is one of the four promo tunes on the uk sony PSP.Hope this helps

not that i don't believe you, but what's the song called?

not that i don't believe you, but what's the song called?

yea, i wanna know to change the radio station channel when i hear it announced :rofl-lol:. the song sucks, no offense.

Sorry for the confusion everyone.embarassed.gif My question about the EP song was going to be part of a separate post but I couldn't find the right section. This is not GNR.

Again terribly sorry everyone.:confused:

No worries :)

Sorry for the confusion everyone.embarassed.gif My question about the EP song was going to be part of a separate post but I couldn't find the right section. This is not GNR.

No worries as patience said.. Actually this is funny :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by Wando

This is terrible. The music has such a stock blues rock chord progression. Although the brief vocal could be Axl on a very bad day, it has to be fake-or else the wait has been in vain and CD will suck.

Sorry for the confusion everyone.embarassed.gif My question about the song was going to be part of a separate post but I couldn't find the right section. This isn't GNR.

Since the original poster has confirmed the track isn't GNR, the thread will be locked.