Is Buckethead going to be on CD?

ShannonHoonIsGod

Buckethead plays with no feeling like the robot he thinks he is. Yes he is extremly talented with the fretboard. He does not have a unique sound which can make the difference between brilliance or greatness. There are at least 100 other guitarists that play just like him and Gilbert, and Friedman, and all those other shredmasters out there. They are all in the Yngwie Malmsteen school class number 101. They copy his style, try to take it to the next level and play with no feeling. To me a brilliant guitarist is someone who you hear and know it's him and no one else. They have their own style and tone that they can only create. Examples would be Page, Blackmore, Young, Gilmour, Lifeson, Clapton, Hendrix, Corgan, SLASH, and many more.

Agreed, although I would also add Iommi, Robinson, Goram (spelling?), The Edge, R Gallagher and May

Yes the list can go on and on with these included. Actually the list could probably top 50 or more. Maybe even 100 going all the way back to Robert Johnson !!

Ah Robert Johnson...theres a man whos......dead along time :P

In any case your right, I equate a perfect guitarist as one who can balance technique with an effective expression, music is not a sport, by its definition its about expression granted diluted a bit with entertaiment, someones ability to scalistic run up a down a fret bord is impressive and hard to do but its not something I equate to good music.

Buckethead plays with no feeling like the robot he thinks he is. Yes he is extremly talented with the fretboard. He does not have a unique sound which can make the difference between brilliance or greatness. There are at least 100 other guitarists that play just like him and Gilbert, and Friedman, and all those other shredmasters out there. They are all in the Yngwie Malmsteen school class number 101. They copy his style, try to take it to the next level and play with no feeling. To me a brilliant guitarist is someone who you hear and know it's him and no one else. They have their own style and tone that they can only create. Examples would be Page, Blackmore, Young, Gilmour, Lifeson, Clapton, Hendrix, Corgan, SLASH, and many more.

Of course I agree with you. But, Axl likes Buckethead's style... That's an issue. :(

I was convinced after seeing those home-made videos of him... Jesus what a whack job. Those videos are on here somewhere... probably 40 pages back somewhere. If anyone has the link, please post it here so some of these BH lovers can see what kind of a nut the guy is.

Here you go you Mr. Clean lookin peckerwood. I've known about Buckethead way the fuck back before any of you did. Yeah maybe you all are right, he wouldn't have fit too well with GNR. Buckethead is too much of a concept for scared simple minds to grasp.

Amen....Motherfuckers

Buckethead's Sock Puppet Interview

dude, youre out of your fuckin mind....buckethead is about as deep as big bird...what's not to get? he dresses himself up like a freak to get attention and to make himself seem "different". Yeah, maybe the guy can shred pretty good but he's no legend. I doubt people are "scared" of him either, they just take a look at him and see that his whole getup is screaming for attention so they choose to reject his ridiculous looking

gimmick.... Amen motherfucker.

In response to the original question, I think that it is HIGHLY unlikely that bucket's playing will be on the final album. I believe that Robin and Axl have spent that last year rerecording and writing new guitar parts to replace bucket's. jmo

Edited by sofine11

Buckethead is the second greatest rock guitarist of all-time...2nd only to Paul Gilbert...

That is your opinion. My opinion is that Buckethead is a cold guitarist, with no 'feeling', that also happens to wear a mask and a KFC bucket on his head. The man belongs in a circus freak show, if not a mental hospital given his eccentric fascination with chickens and 'talking' hand puppets. The flag throwers calling his act a 'gimmick' can keep believing that if they want to. That's their right. But, I remind everyone, Slash's top hat is a good gimmick. Not a nut with a crazy persona that wears a mask and a KFC bucket on his head.

:shades:

What?!? Not unique? The guy is a great guitar beat-boxer, uses his kill button, computer taps, chicken picks, and fiddles with the diminished scales...That is quite unique...Gilbert was pre-Eddie...Van Halen ganked his tricks and pulled them off as his own creation...Both Buckethead and Gilbert are very unique...That was an ignorant statement you just made.

What?!? Not unique? The guy is a great guitar beat-boxer, uses his kill button, computer taps, chicken picks, and fiddles with the diminished scales...That is quite unique...Gilbert was pre-Eddie...Van Halen ganked his tricks and pulled them off as his own creation...Both Buckethead and Gilbert are very unique...That was an ignorant statement you just made.

You're fighting a losing battle dude. I'm right there with ya on B, I've been a fan of his all the way back to 92 with Praxis. People are AFRAID of something that is different and doesn't conform to the traditional role of guitar playing or stage prescense. They can't look past the part of a Micheal Myers mask, a hand puppet and a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket. Hell come to think of it Axl's braids made people freak out for that matter. It must be a bitch to wake up in the morning and deciding "Hmmmm....which group should I hate today? The Emos? The Goths or The Wiggers"

I personally can't wait for retro rock and retro mentality and all of it's fucking worthless peons to heave and breathe it's last blood soaked gurgled breath. It refuses to comprimise, it refuses to evolve,it refuses to let other people express themselves in whatever style they want to (hums Don't Damn Me), it's still trying to hold on to it's "glory years" because it feels threated by a newer generation who might not exactly jib to all of that jive bullshit it's been trying to drill into everybodys head of "worship Clapton, worship Santana, etc" as it preens and postures itself and adjusts it's cock and does a pathetic impression of Wooderson from Dazed And Confused, it has become the establishment and a whore.

rock1 / rock2 / rock3 <---------------- Go Fuck Yourselves

Edited by Jabberwocky

You're fighting a losing battle dude. I'm right there with ya on B, I've been a fan of his all the way back to 92 with Praxis. People are AFRAID of something that is different and doesn't conform to the traditional role of guitar playing. They can't look past the part of mask and KFC. Hell come to think of it or Axl's braids for that matter. It must be a bitch to wake up in the morning and deciding "Hmmmm....which group should I hate today? The Emos? The Goths or The Wiggers"

I personally can't wait for retro rock and retro mentality and all of it's fucking worthless peons to heave and breathe it's last blood soaked gurgled breath. It refuses to comprimise, it refuses to evolve,it refuses to let other people express themselves in whatever style they want to, it's still trying to hold on to it's "glory years" because it feels threated by a newer generation who might not exactly jib to all of that jive bullshit it's been trying to drill into everybodys head of "worship Clapton, worship Santana, etc" as it preens and postures itself and adjusts it's cock and does a pathetic impression of Wooderson from Dazed And Confused, it has become the establishment and a whore.

rock1 / rock2 / rock3 <---------------- Go Fuck Yourselves

No, there is no battle to fight. Buckethead has a garage band following... his only limelight coming from the GNR situation. He'll never be mainstream because his gimmicks are rediculous. Marylin Manson is pretty far out there too, but he actually believes in what he preaches. I'm not a big fan of his music, but respect it and respect him for his views. A few of his songs are catchy though. Also, you're talking about 'retro rock' like it's the only thing going on out there today. I'm not sure what time period you're stuck in, but I don't see any real mainstream retro rock going on in the world today that's nearly as successful as some of the alternatives. VR and Aerosmith, that's about it. So that arguement was a puff of smoke, nothing more. 'Retro rock' has plenty evolved in the last 20 years since the GNR heyday. In fact, Rock in general has been evolving since the 1950's. Hell, music in general has been evolving. Again, WTF are you talking about? Establishment? Whore? WTF are you talking about?

It has nothing to do with with accepting a 'new generation' or 'letting go of the past'. It has EVERYTHING to do with what people like to listen to. Sometimes, the listener likes to know that the writer or composer is a somewhat normal, and down to earth person that has some intelligence. Christ, kill us all for thinking BH is a clown. Jesus, look at him. Look how he acts?! How can anyone take him seriously?! Oh, that's right, maybe idiot gas station working pot heads can accept his act and pretend like 'the establishment' won't accept him because he's different. WRONG. The 'establishment', let's break this down, really are the people that are more successful in life and strive to be able to not spend their lives working at a gas station. Basically, the scum bags of the world consider everyone else more successful, better looking, better off or generally more accepted by the mainstream because they get treated like outcasts. You know why? Because they aren't willing to better their lives and need attention somehow so they act different, dress different, do strange things and will cling to people like Buckethead because it's something they can identify with. Something different. Something that's not mainsteam or a part of 'the establishment'.

Buckethead is just another run of the mill shredder. Nothing less, nothing more. People love guys like Clapton, Gilmore, Hendrix and even Slash because they're genuine. They're passionate. They're sincere. They're REAL. Not to mention extremely talented song writers and musicians. Buckethead is simply rediculous, like it or not. He'll never be mainstream or popular like some of the legends because he does not exemplify any of the REAL traits that your average Joe can identify with. Clowns look at BH and laugh.

That's the reality. Nobody is saying he isn't talented. The man can play, no doubt. He just doesn't appeal to the masses, and never will. When I have kids, I won't be afraid to introduce him to the work of a David Gilmore or a Paul McCartney. I'm sure as hell not going to show him or her some video of a retard that is one step away from a walking horror film. There's a smidge of morality and dignity left in this generation. The liberal left is hard at work tearing that down, but people with any kind of civilized values are not going to find BH appealing. He's a lauging stock.

Buckethead is the second greatest rock guitarist of all-time...2nd only to Paul Gilbert...Having said that, does anyone know if his recordings are going to stay on the album, or did Axl hire someone else to record the parts?

Ya know what? I don't disagree that Buckethead's an awesome guitarist. He can play Slash, Stevie Ray, Santana, any guitar great that you throw out to him. But does he actually write any music? I don't know, I guess, since we're still waiting for Chinese Democracy and it sounds like he's abandoned camp for that.

No that is not ignorant--it is an opinion of someone who has been playing guitar for 20 + years. The guy just plays with no heart and soul. All his guitar gimmicks and tricks were done by Sonic Youth years ago---

I for one certinly hopes that he's out of there. Both because I never liked his way of playing but also because I think it's just "wrong" to keep the parts from a departed musician on the reccord, escpecially if you can't recreate the stuff later on gigs.

And with the member GnR has (that we know of :ph34r: ) they can't play his stuff at all.

Since 1991, Bucket has released 19 solo albums, all of which I can vouch for as being superb. Including Chi Dem, he's worked on 46 other albums, including a few more of those by himself. He's a busy man, and writes great music. He doesn't just put out subpar stuff, it's all good.

Since 1991, Bucket has released 19 solo albums, all of which I can vouch for as being superb. Including Chi Dem, he's worked on 46 other albums, including a few more of those by himself. He's a busy man, and writes great music. He doesn't just put out subpar stuff, it's all good.

Thoose fakts you give us there I think speeks for themself...Buckhead is an awsome guitar player

Lee Buckedhead is amazing, i thinks hes better than SLASH!

This is a taste thing, and we have discussed this 100 of times.,,,Viva la Axl!

I see your a Lee Buckethead fan...his one awsome player...

Only god knows how much gnr will suffer no since his gone :(

Well how knows maybe some day he will rejoin

As a guitarist hes fuckin brilliant, theres no disputin that, he just didnt have any stage presence. He just kind of stood there, did his solo, and that was that. I think its the Boston show then he actually runs for a little bit, but apart from that Ive not seen him runnin about or anythin like that.

Fortus & Tommy and very active when playin and Bucket needed to be a bit more like that and not just standin there. As a guitarist, Guns would be lucky to have him, but I think he personality might cause problems.

Grimo.

Firstly, would everyone stop thinking bucket-head is weird and off the wall – the fact that he wears a mask and a bucket tells me that he’s a very average person and a very average guitarist and he needs a gimmick to get him noticed because his guitar playing won’t!

Saying that he did a reasonable job in GnR, but I’m not bothered that he’s gone.

He’s not the reason that I like GnR.

LP

As a guitarist hes fuckin brilliant, theres no disputin that, he just didnt have any stage presence. He just kind of stood there, did his solo, and that was that. I think its the Boston show then he actually runs for a little bit, but apart from that Ive not seen him runnin about or anythin like that.

Fortus & Tommy and very active when playin and Bucket needed to be a bit more like that and not just standin there. As a guitarist, Guns would be lucky to have him, but I think he personality might cause problems.

Grimo.

I have to say I agree here.

It bugs me out

just seeing him

standing in the background.