The arctic monkeys are better than the beatles

Nightrain_Kid

According to the nme the arctic monkeys album which hasnt even been out for a week is better than revolver and somehow the libertines creep into the top 10 of nme's top 100 greatest british albums ever list, i havnt got either album but i seriously doubt there better than a night at the opera, led zep 4 or exile on main street, heres the top 10......

1. The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

2. The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

3. Oasis - Definitely Maybe

4. Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks

5. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not

6. Blur - Modern Life Is Rubbish

7. Pulp - Different Class

8. The Clash - London Calling

9. The Beatles - Revolver

10. The Libertines - Up The Bracket

Edited by Nightrain_Kid

I have to ask, does NME have some kind of connection to Artic Monkeys? This is getting ridiculous... <_<

you are right it is very ridiculous, i guess now that the strokes have turned shit and people are finally getting sick of pete doherty the nme needed to get there claws into something else, its worse than q magazines blatant radiohead favouritism, but at least radiohead are a bloody brillant and original band with more than 1 album out!

Edited by Nightrain_Kid

I have to ask, does NME have some kind of connection to Artic Monkeys? This is getting ridiculous... <_<

you are right it is very ridiculous, i guess now that the strokes have turned shit and people are finally getting sick of pete doherty the nme needed to get there claws into something else,

abso fucking exactly

The Stone Roses are utter shite. Anyone who likes them is going to die young.

The Stone roses were fucking brilliant, with the exception of the queen is dead and revolver there debut album quite possibly does deserve the best british album ever title

the stone roses were brilliant and do deserve to be in the top 10.

Further proof that MNE is a joke. I don't usually say things like this, because it's pointless, but comparing an album released last week and declaring it one of the greatest of all times without considering how it'll stand the test of time is utter bull shite. Albums like OK Computer, for example, didn't become recognised as being truley great for as long as 10 years after they were released.