Why Chinese Democracy?

dobadog

Why is the next new Gn'R album called Chinese Democracy?

Is it because the Chinese as a nation are over controlled?. Something about Tiananmen Square protests of 1989?. Does it have something to do with their shit attitude towards animals? Even Google can’t operation properly in China. Is Axl hopping with the release of Chinese Democracy then things might chance for the better.

A friend posted me this link today. Its secret footage shot in China. After seeing it, I kinda put me off fur and people who wear fur for life. Doesn’t Axl like to wear fur coats???

http://www.nonlosapevo.com/

Loder: You're going to call this album "Chinese Democracy". What is the meaning of that, since there is no Chinese democracy, of course?

Axl: Well, there's a lot of Chinese Democracy movements, and it's something that there's a lot of talk about, and it's something that will be nice to see. It could also just be like an ironic statement. I don't know, I just like the sound of it.

It's easy to turn people against fur because only the wealthy can generally afford it. It's the old politics of envy that the left is always ready to exploit. There are just as many animals used and abused in the creation of leather, wool and in food production. They find it easy to harrass a 60 year old woman in a fur coat, they're not as ready to fuck with a bunch of bikers in leather. I'm all for killing animals in as painless a way as possible but people who complain about fur while they're wearing leather, just look plain dumb.

It's easy to turn people against fur because only the wealthy can generally afford it. It's the old politics of envy that the left is always ready to exploit. There are just as many animals used and abused in the creation of leather, wool and in food production. They find it easy to harrass a 60 year old woman in a fur coat, they're not as ready to fuck with a bunch of bikers in leather. I'm all for killing animals in as painless a way as possible but people who complain about fur while they're wearing leather, just look plain dumb.
Great point.

That video is disgusting and if i was to see such an horrific thing happening to beautiful animals i would skin the fucking cunt doing it no questions asked :anger:

Same here. That piece of footage in one of those blocks where the animal is rolling around furless in the back of the truck is the most horrific thing I have possibly ever seen in my life. I'd fucking use a potato peeler on him and I aint kidding.

Leather generally comes from cows, or other meat animals where the rest of the animal is used, and where in many cases they're raised in humane conditions, if only because it improves the quality of the meat.

When animals are bred for fur thats often the only part thats used (when was the last time you saw mink or chinchilla in a super market?), and people can often get away with keeping them confined to small cages and factory farming conditions by arguing that it protects the fur.

That video is disgusting and if i was to see such an horrific thing happening to beautiful animals i would skin the fucking cunt doing it no questions asked :anger:

Same here. That piece of footage in one of those blocks where the animal is rolling around furless in the back of the truck is the most horrific thing I have possibly ever seen in my life. I'd fucking use a potato peeler on him and I aint kidding.

I can't get that image outta my head, its going to stick with me for months. It goes beyond what my mind is capable of thinking of how much pain that dog must have felt.

It's a fox farm. The white one is an artic fox. The one they skinned is a blue fox. My family owned a fox and mink farm. It's a pathetic industry that I strongly disagree with, but it is no different than the burger you eat (if you have ever seen a slaughter house). If you are going to wear leather, know where it comes from and how it gets from point A to point B. Similarly, if you are going to eat a burger, know the background on how it gets to be in your Big Mac. If you want to get technical, think about the worker camps in third world counties that are making your Nike shoes for pennies after American corporations bartered with their government and confiscated their farmland, displacing the rural people who later came back to work for companies like this under the slogan "we bring jobs to third world countries who otherwise would have no jobs". We could go on all day. When you watch NBC think about how it is owned by GE who manufactures the electrical parts for billions of dollars worth of bombs that are dropped on children in Iraq. Shock and Awe baby, ain't life grand...

It's a fox farm. The white one is an artic fox. The one they skinned is a blue fox. My family owned a fox and mink farm. It's a pathetic industry that I strongly disagree with, but it is no different than the burger you eat (if you have ever seen a slaughter house). If you are going to wear leather, know where it comes from and how it gets from point A to point B. Similarly, if you are going to eat a burger, know the background on how it gets to be in your Big Mac. If you want to get technical, think about the worker camps in third world counties that are making your Nike shoes for pennies after American corporations bartered with their government and confiscated their farmland, displacing the rural people who later came back to work for companies like this under the slogan "we bring jobs to third world countries who otherwise would have no jobs". We could go on all day. When you watch NBC think about how it is owned by GE who manufactures the electrical parts for billions of dollars worth of bombs that are dropped on children in Iraq. Shock and Awe baby, ain't life grand...

Sure life can be grand for some and not so grand for others.

The fur china uses/exports is Dog and Cat, sometimes minx and rabbit. theres no mention of fox:

a shocking look inside...

The actual song, chinese democracy is about the persecution of the falun gong who are a banned religious movement who preach peace snd democracy. The chinese government captures tortues and kills them for it, it is very sick. :anger::anger::angry:

Sure life can be grand for some and not so grand for others.

The fur china uses/exports is Dog and Cat, sometimes minx and rabbit. theres no mention of fox:

a shocking look inside...

Here's a quote from the link you posted: "On these farms, foxes, minks, rabbits, and other animals pace and shiver in outdoor wire cages, exposed to driving rain, freezing nights, and, at other times, scorching sun."

Is it because the Chinese as a nation are over controlled?. Something about Tiananmen Square protests of 1989?. Does it have something to do with their shit attitude towards animals? Even Google can’t operation properly in China. Is Axl hopping with the release of Chinese Democracy then things might chance for the better.

A friend posted me this link today. Its secret footage shot in China. After seeing it, I kinda put me off fur and people who wear fur for life. Doesn’t Axl like to wear fur coats???

Chinese people do not have a shit attitude towards animals. The Chinese people are also not over controlled - where are you getting this information. Have you ever spent time in China? It's more free than the USA.

Chinese people do not have a shit attitude towards animals. The Chinese people are also not over controlled - where are you getting this information. Have you ever spent time in China? It's more free than the USA.

The people of China treat animals like sh-t. The Chinese population is over controlled and their own government don't even want them to have access to something as basic as Google, just in case they read something on the internet they are not supposed to read, know about ;)

Edited by dobadog

Having lived in the middle east for the past 3 years, the tone of 'Riad [should actually be Riyadh] and the bedoins' isn't well-informed - another 'one in a million' moment I guess - but filled with post 9-11 angst. Too bad. I lived there for 2 years and had great experiences.

It is painful to see people take these political stances when they are so unaware [not Axl, because we are still waiting to see the product]. Those who want to torch other nations politcally should become more objective of their own culture [read Chomsky for beginners], and then be able to tackle political evils abroad as well as at home. Ethnocentricity in rock 'n' roll has to stop sometime!

Just some ideas ...

Having lived in the middle east for the past 3 years, the tone of 'Riad [should actually be Riyadh] and the bedoins' isn't well-informed - another 'one in a million' moment I guess - but filled with post 9-11 angst. Too bad. I lived there for 2 years and had great experiences.

It is painful to see people take these political stances when they are so unaware [not Axl, because we are still waiting to see the product]. Those who want to torch other nations politcally should become more objective of their own culture [read Chomsky for beginners], and then be able to tackle political evils abroad as well as at home. Ethnocentricity in rock 'n' roll has to stop sometime!

Just some ideas ...

Agreed.

My dad sometimes seems to spend as much time working in the middle east (Egypt, UAE and Saudi Arabia mainly) as he does at home and his stories and experiences seem to be drastically at odds with what I hear from people back home (UK) and here (USA) who 'know' what its like over there.

I really don't think you can say you know how a culture works until you've lived in it.

Oh and on the subject of the album title part of me is still waiting to find out its another painting.

Edited by Just_me

NIN's Trent Renzor has got behind the saving of cats and dogs in China too. He's even made a made video:

Trent Renzor

Sir Paul McCartney slams Chinese fur trade, vows no future concerts in China. Nice one Paul.

Paul McCartney slams China

I sure hope Axl's Guns n'Roses follows suit :)

Edited by dobadog

Loder: You're going to call this album "Chinese Democracy". What is the meaning of that, since there is no Chinese democracy, of course?

Axl: Well, there's a lot of Chinese Democracy movements, and it's something that there's a lot of talk about, and it's something that will be nice to see. It could also just be like an ironic statement. I don't know, I just like the sound of it.

cool...thx... :P