AFD has been re-recorded by the new band

JUDGESMF

I read that AFD has been re-recorded by the new band , I think that there is a good chance that it will be released to celebrate the 20th aniv .

Twisted Sister did it with stay hungry/still hungry (and it sounded much better using todays tech)

I really do think this is a great possiblity maybe even a bonus disc with CD!

BUT that would mean waiting till next year ! :(

Your thoughts..............................................??

P.S Source for this info the book "The band time forgot......."

Edited by jack99

When all the crap was going on with the listings on Amazon I had posted that I thought it could be a remake of AFD just to see what people think of the new band. How well it is accepted and how well it sells before releasing the BIG GUNS...

I read that AFD has been re-recorded by the new band , I think that there is a good chance that it will be released to celebrate the 20th aniv .

Twisted Sister did it with stay hungry/still hungry (and it sounded much better using todays tech)

BUT that would been waiting till next year ! :(

If Axl and his group decide to re-release Appetite for Destruction, they will be met with a class action lawsuit.

If any of you are confused,.. we call this copyright infringement..

-Kickingthehabit

It's not going to happen. The whole thing with TS's Stay Hungry/Still Hungry was so that they could sell a few albums and wouldn't actually have to be hungry.

bollcks !! the re formed for new york steel (a good cause) enjoyed it , then wanted to record stay hungry the way they wanted to do it the first time, it was not a big seller and it never was gunna be, they are not in it for the money , if they where they would be touring the arse off and they are not !!

By the way I am sure this will happen , I would even bet money on it.

Edited by JUDGESMF

Do you understand copyright law?

R.

I was thinking that , doesn't a Mr Rose or geffen own the copyright/ rights to the music ?

One it will never happen for , 2 it whould be shit they whouldnt embarse themselves or bring there music to a low, afd is one of the greatest recourds ever, yes granted AXL ROSE has a wild eye vison on things but not that wild.

Rock on

alright i hate opening up or saying harsh-sounding words because of what someone else has posted, but it seems like this topic has been discussed many times- my question, is why in the fuck would this EVER happen? It would make absolutely NO sense whatsoever to re-release an old album cut by a new band... ESPECIALLY in guns n' roses' case...

i'm willing to bet the band did in fact re-record songs off appetite for destruction, yes, perhaps even all of them- this does not mean it was done so for the purpose of selling those tracks to the public. consider the possibility of the band practicing together in a studio- maybe to prepare for the 02 tour... maybe to become tighter as a band and songs off AFD were used to help achieve this.......... AND they were recorded... if this is so, big deal... many bands record their practices just to hear how they function as a band- the same way a sports team would record themselves playing in a game.

for those of you who claim to know so much about axl or for those who do, i'd expect a little more out of you. you honestly think a man so dedicated to the making of a *new* album would do such a thing?

and now i remind you of the beginning of this post: "alright i hate opening up or saying harsh-sounding words because of what someone else has posted"

so now do me the favor of calling me something mean so i don't feel bad. :D

alright i hate opening up or saying harsh-sounding words because of what someone else has posted, but it seems like this topic has been discussed many times- my question, is why in the fuck would this EVER happen? It would make absolutely NO sense whatsoever to re-release an old album cut by a new band... ESPECIALLY in guns n' roses' case...

i'm willing to bet the band did in fact re-record songs off appetite for destruction, yes, perhaps even all of them- this does not mean it was done so for the purpose of selling those tracks to the public. consider the possibility of the band practicing together in a studio- maybe to prepare for the 02 tour... maybe to become tighter as a band and songs off AFD were used to help achieve this.......... AND they were recorded... if this is so, big deal... many bands record their practices just to hear how they function as a band- the same way a sports team would record themselves playing in a game.

for those of you who claim to know so much about axl or for those who do, i'd expect a little more out of you. you honestly think a man so dedicated to the making of a *new* album would do such a thing?

and now i remind you of the beginning of this post: "alright i hate opening up or saying harsh-sounding words because of what someone else has posted"

You bum-head.

You've gone and shattered my dreams.

BUT that would mean waiting till next year ! :(

Yeah, what better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of AFD than bastardizing one of the greatest albums of all time. :rolleyes:

Who wants to hear what session players and guys who aren't even in the band anymore did in rehearsals? Axl's whole thing is he wanted to do something musically different, so it would be nothing more than an obvious whoring out of the old material for financial gain. He's smarter than this and must know he'd get eaten alive by the critics, press and a large percentage of fans.

Even redoing AFD with the original band would be a big mistake IMO.

If he really wanted people to hear the new band playing the old material, he'd be much smarter to put out a new live album at some point with a mix of new and old material...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

:laugh:

You bum-head.

You've gone and shattered my dreams.

:laugh: haha that funny!!

R.

I was thinking that , doesn't a Mr Rose or geffen own the copyright/ rights to the music ?

Sanctuary owns the rights, and Rose joint owns them. He can license them and things like that. If the worst came to the worst, he could just cover the songs, and escape all infringement.

R.

Sanctuary owns the rights, and Rose joint owns them. He can license them and things like that. If the worst came to the worst, he could just cover the songs, and escape all infringement.

The basis of the lawsuits filed by Slash and Duff is that Axl does not own the rights to the songs since they contend he left the partnership, and depending on the outcome, the sale of the back catalogue to Sanctuary may be void since it was not approved by Duff and Slash. Therefore until the matter is resolved I don't think Axl could release a re-recorded AFD without their permission.

R.

The basis of the lawsuits filed by Slash and Duff is that Axl does not own the rights to the songs since they contend he left the partnership, and depending on the outcome, the sale of the back catalogue to Sanctuary may be void since it was not approved by Duff and Slash. Therefore until the matter is resolved I don't think Axl could release a re-recorded AFD without their permission.

Then just cover it. Escapes all problems.

R.

Then just cover it. Escapes all problems.

No it doesn't.