axl rose / elvis presley

jane

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are straying from the topic. The topic is about the similarities of the careers of Elvis and Axl. It's not about who you feel is better as a singer.

The last sentence of the post...

so question for everybody is axl bigger then elvis or is elvis bigger then axl or is axl elvis reincarnated

Thats the topic dude.

OOOOO he served in Germany in 1959. Well, so did my grandpa, and Axl is way cooler than my grandpa!

If you can't respect the people that sustain your freedoms, you my friend are a piece of shit.

"Elvis only became the so-called "King of Rock and Roll" from being a liar and a thief."

If I called you a liar and a theif, that would be name calling, wouldn't it? Your words, not mine. Refer to being unwittingly narrow minded above... not to mention hypocritical. I treat people how they treat me. Your 'my way or the highway' attitude in other threads and your treatment of other people, pretending (probably believing) like you're something of a superior being to everyone else on here, warrants the poor treatment you get from a lot of pepole on this forum.

Fact.

Hmmmm.......Did I call you any names?? Nope. You called me 3 or 4. I may say things once I have been insulted, but rarely am I the instigator. And as far as having a superiority complex??? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Or do you not remember when you reamed into someone who doesn't always use proper grammar, when you yourself have incorrectly spelled "ridiculous" as "REDiculous" a number of times. Your grammar isn't always up to snuff, and then you had the audacity to call someone else out on it?! And as for poor treatment on the forum? Sorry to disappoint you, but I really haven't experienced that other than from you and shades, and a couple racist bastards. I get along with 99% of the people on this forum, even if I don't always agree with them.

EDIT: Seriously, can you stop? You certainly don't have to agree with me on anything and frankly I don't care. But let's just stop with this back and forth shall we?

Awww... are your panties all tied up in knots? Ran out of valid arguments? Trying to change the subject? Typical liberal. I was waiting for you to play the race card too... how pathetic.

You guys are straying from the topic. The topic is about the similarities of the careers of Elvis and Axl. It's not about who you feel is better as a singer.

so question for everybody is axl bigger then elvis or is elvis bigger then axl or is axl elvis reincarnated

Thats the topic dude.

Good to see you admit to being off topic then. As the facts show it's a no brainer who is/was/will always be bigger in the music industry.

OOOOO he served in Germany in 1959. Well, so did my grandpa, and Axl is way cooler than my grandpa!

If you can't respect the people that sustain your freedoms, you my friend are a piece of shit.

"Elvis only became the so-called "King of Rock and Roll" from being a liar and a thief."

If I called you a liar and a theif, that would be name calling, wouldn't it? Your words, not mine. Refer to being unwittingly narrow minded above... not to mention hypocritical. I treat people how they treat me. Your 'my way or the highway' attitude in other threads and your treatment of other people, pretending (probably believing) like you're something of a superior being to everyone else on here, warrants the poor treatment you get from a lot of pepole on this forum.

Fact.

Hmmmm.......Did I call you any names?? Nope. You called me 3 or 4. I may say things once I have been insulted, but rarely am I the instigator. And as far as having a superiority complex??? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Or do you not remember when you reamed into someone who doesn't always use proper grammar, when you yourself have incorrectly spelled "ridiculous" as "REDiculous" a number of times. Your grammar isn't always up to snuff, and then you had the audacity to call someone else out on it?! And as for poor treatment on the forum? Sorry to disappoint you, but I really haven't experienced that other than from you and shades, and a couple racist bastards. I get along with 99% of the people on this forum, even if I don't always agree with them.

EDIT: Seriously, can you stop? You certainly don't have to agree with me on anything and frankly I don't care. But let's just stop with this back and forth shall we?

Awww... are your panties all tied up in knots? Ran out of valid arguments? Trying to change the subject? Typical liberal. I was waiting for you to play the race card too... how pathetic.

Valid arguments to what? I was just answering your idiotic post. What is it with you and shades and that stupid liberal vs conservative bs? As far as the so-called "race card", I certainly didn't pull it. YOU said that I get poor treatment on this forum, which really isn't the case at all, and when I HAVE had it, that's where it came from. Now I am done with your silliness, as we could go on forever and solve nothing. Its absolutely pointless.

Thats the topic dude.

OK then....

Elvis is bigger than Axl could ever dream to be.

Axl is NOT the reincarnation of Elvis. When Elvis died, Axl had already been born.

I believe John Lennon is more important to the music history than Elvis. Elvis wouldn't have been as big as he is without people writing songs for him, while Lennon wrote lots of innovative stuff himself.

I believe John Lennon is more important to the music history than Elvis. Elvis wouldn't have been as big as he is without people writing songs for him, while Lennon wrote lots of innovative stuff himself.

Elvis is more important than Lennon. Remember, Elvis was the original pop star. Not only that, Elvis was also the one to put rock n' roll into everyone's home. When Lennon said "before Elvis, there was nothing" he wasn't lying. Elvis pretty much bridged a cultural gap on his own. Before Elvis, the music that we now know as rock n' roll, was traditionally played only in African-American clubs and bars because there was no way that "white" America was going to accept it in their homes. Elvis took that music, in a time when race relations were for shit, and he made it acceptable to be played anywhere. Lennon may have "Imagined" or may have sung about bridging cultural gaps, Elvis actually DID it.

There's a couple undeniable plateau's here:

Lennon was/is bigger than Axl

Elvis was/is bigger than Lennon

Lennon gets a ton of respect as a musician, but as far as mass popularity, he's nowhere in Elvis' league. NO ONE is and that's a fact...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

im sorry for posting this did not know it would cause a fuss on gnr forum. so elvis is bigger then axl but if you stop for a second and read my post without the question then they are similarities between axl and elvis. yes elvis sold more albums and all but look at my post without the question about who is bigger and you will see that elvis and axl are very much alike cant believe a post by little ol me has got such a response

@Matt13:

I realize (with a 'z')

Really? :P

Yea, dumb ass.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=realize

Your version, with the 's', has to do with earning capital in a business transaction. Read the definition before you walk into another wall.

Sorry, but you walked into the wall:

5: be fully aware or cognizant of [syn: recognize, recognise, realize, agnize, agnise] 6: perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea" [syn: understand, realize, see]

Not see that? Who is the dumbass now...

Reali(z/s)ed?

It doesn't matter who's bigger, it is who you like more...

@Matt13:

I realize (with a 'z')

Yea, dumb ass.

Your version, with the 's', has to do with earning capital in a business transaction. Read the definition before you walk into another wall.

5: be fully aware or cognizant of [syn: recognize, recognise, realize, agnize, agnise] 6: perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea" [syn: understand, realize, see]

Reali(z/s)ed?

Touche. The 'z' version is used more frequently in the context we initially referred to however, as http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=realize would indicate. Learned that from my dorky stock broker friends always sending me 'insider info' about 'realising' the potential of investing in such and such stock.

Anyway, didn't see your little NIN thing at the bottom of your profile. Cheers. At least we both have something in common other than GNR.

@Matt13:

I realize (with a 'z')

Yea, dumb ass.

Reali(z/s)ed?

Touche. The 'z' version is used more frequently in the context we initially referred to however, as http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=realize would indicate. Learned that from my dorky stock broker friends always sending me 'insider info' about 'realising' the potential of investing in such and such stock.

Anyway, didn't see your little NIN thing at the bottom of your profile. Cheers. At least we both have something in common other than GNR.

No problem Matt, no hard feelings! It's great to have someone with a great interlect who I can debate with! You know I agree with you most times anyway, keep on pumping out those good posts :)

And yeah, I think we have very good taste ;)

• 4 weeks later...