The Blues Brothers is the greatest band of all time.

Guest JohnUlmer

I used to play a Blues Brother computer game my dad got for me years ago, it was damn fun! That's why I love them. Never heard their music though.

Once I saw about 15 minutes of the movie, too. But I don't remember anything except them running through a supermarket on a car!

I used to play a Blues Brother computer game my dad got for me years ago, it was damn fun! That's why I love them. Never heard their music though.

Once I saw about 15 minutes of the movie, too. But I don't remember anything except them running through a supermarket on a car!

Do yourself a favor and watch the entire movie, its a classic.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

The Blues Brothers Band contained several great musicians (Duck Dunn, Steve Cropper) but they were hardly a real band! I would go with the Chess house band, Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Fred Below, Otis Spann, Little Walter, and Jimmy Rogers, who were replaced at times by other greats such as Sonny Boy Williamson II, Robert Jr. Lockwood, Sam Lay, Jerome Arnold, Pinetop Perkins, Otis Rush, and on and on and on and on...

Guest JohnUlmer
The Blues Brothers Band contained several great musicians (Duck Dunn, Steve Cropper) but they were hardly a real band! I would go with the Chess house band, Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Fred Below, Otis Spann, Little Walter, and Jimmy Rogers, who were replaced at times by other greats such as Sonny Boy Williamson II, Robert Jr. Lockwood, Sam Lay, Jerome Arnold, Pinetop Perkins, Otis Rush, and on and on and on and on...

I dunno, it definitely just started out as a parody on Saturday Night Live, but after some time they did turn into a band of sorts. They even began releasing albums. The only reason it didn't go any further was due to John Belushi's death. :(

Dan's rendition of Rubber Biscuit is great. But my favorite is Everybody Needs Somebody (to Love).

I dunno, it definitely just started out as a parody on Saturday Night Live, but after some time they did turn into a band of sorts. They even began releasing albums. The only reason it didn't go any further was due to John Belushi's death. :(

Dan's rendition of Rubber Biscuit is great. But my favorite is Everybody Needs Somebody (to Love).

I just wouldn't give accolades to a comedy routine turned mainstream group instead of the originals.

Guest JohnUlmer

I just wouldn't give accolades to a comedy routine turned mainstream group instead of the originals.

I know, I was just being sarcastic in my original post. ;)

That said...according to a documentary I saw, the movie and Briefcase of Blues album brought blues (in general) into the mainstream, and before the film's release the music was kind of shrugged off by most people. After the movie, basically, white people found it accessible. :rolleyes:

That said...according to a documentary I saw, the movie and Briefcase of Blues album brought blues (in general) into the mainstream, and before the film's release the music was kind of shrugged off by most people. After the movie, basically, white people found it accessible. :rolleyes:

Well, you are half right. Chicago Blues, which is what they mostly did, would never have reached an audience outside of the south side of Chicago if it weren't for Paul Butterfield, who achieved national notoriety and played at the Fillmore and such, giving blues a niche in the cultural-musical revolution of the 1960's. You could claim that The Blues Brothers, then in the late 70's, gave the blues mainstream exposure, but what happened after that? SRV and that is about it. So they did bring it to the mainstream but not much happened due to it, and NO ONE would have heard it if it weren't for Butterfield, so I give him more credit.

We finally found out exactly what we should order at Soul Food joints.

Before 'The Blues Brothers' it was all cucumber sandwiches, Earl Grey & Rich Teeeea Biscuits.

Before 'The Blues Brothers' it was all cucumber sandwiches, Earl Grey & Rich Teeeea Biscuits.

Jake: "4 Fried Chickens and a coke."

Elwood :"And some dry white toast please"

Jake: "4 Fried Chickens and a coke."

Elwood :"And some dry white toast please"

Amen. :wub:

I thought Paul Schaffer(from David Letterman) was supposed to be in the movie playing keyboards, but it conflicted with the Letterman show?

He is in Blues Brothers 2000.