TWAT

wes

Another classic case of mans unrestrained compulsion to intercept another’s power for themselves, applying it as a self-conscious band-aid.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

It is not uncommon for self consciousness to seek compensation, especially by individuals that may be privy to something which others want, then leveraging this as a form of power. By putting themselves in a position of an intermediary between those who "want" (i.e. - fans) and that which is "wanted" (i.e. - songs), they can thereby intercept the special attention given to the later by the former. For this reason, they may offer proof, but will typically hold out on some of the desired matter in effort to sustain the position of acting as the intermediary of attention between those who want and that which is wanted. Without this advantage, they once again become “normal”.

In this case, why leak “part” of a song?….why not just either keep it to oneself and not say anything or leak the entirety of it? I’ll tell you why, and it has nothing to do with legality, or they wouldn’t have shared the “part”. The reason is such to retain the power associated with having the “unshared part” and draping it around themselves as an attracter of fabricated power that belongs to no one aside from the creator of the art, Mr. Axl Rose.

Of course we are all happy to hear something, myself included, but that doesn’t negate the abuse of privilege.

Do you think that the person is in anyway concious that he's a powerful man but only for himself?

Because... none of us here can make him justice of his brand new "fabricated power" (to quote you) simply because he's a fucking username, faceless, still unknown but through a username.

Do you think he feels alone with such big *coughs* power?!?!?!?

I don't know your opinion here, but there's something definitly pathological in this attitude if your definition is correct, harmless at this stage but still pathological.

But, I don't think it's the case of the person who leaked the songs. I think he's probably a cool guy that heard what Axl said and as he had the songs or was in position to get them, he just shared what he had.

Honestly although in his position I wouldn't have done it, I think he didn't mean to harm or seek power. But of course I may be wrong since I don't know the guy and I didn't read the thread about him. So I really don't know.

Wrong. He didn't share what he had. He shared a portion of what he had, evident by statements made. It is my opinion (key word) that this, as has been shown in the past, is to confer a position of power to oneself. Look at these people bowing down to those privy to that which they want. The ego doesn't have a name other than "I", it simply makes people feel good to intercept "attention" at the expense of others, in this case the artist. If someone were secure with themselves, they would keep quiet and say/share nothing, or they would share what they had, not retain enough to sustain a level of prestige, thus putting oneself on a pedastal while the masses bow before them, begging for that which they want.

Disgusting then...

I was prefering the idea of fan dying to share what he had. It sounded less vicious!

I hadn't seen the vicious part in sharing only a portion of it. You could be right.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sure, leave it to the fuckin people who heard the songs to decide if they should be leaked or not, fuckin selfish fucks.

To everyone who has the songs, and wont share : you think if i had them, and you didnt, you wouldnt be begging for them? I bet you would, and what, you wont leak them becuause it'll piss merck off? oh god no, becuase Merck has already so much stress to deal with, he has to manage a band that hasnt done jack shit in 15 years. They fuckin have it easy, and you know what, itll piss them off? who fuckin cares, theyve pissed us all off. Why are you kissing their asses after theyve treated us all like shit. "Let axl do his thing"?

yeah, hes supposedly been doing his thing for 15 years, and we've still been loyal, but this is it now, we're all getting fuckin frustrated.

Agree

Just curious...has Wes sent this to ANYONE??

yes! that is what i've been wanting to know. has TWAT been passed on to any other members of this forum under the condition that they stay completely silent about it? maybe to members with "good" reputations or something like that? shit for me cause i've been a member here for almost a decade but i hardly post cause i just wanna read what going on.

i'd probably agree to keep quiet about it if it was the only way of getting TWAT. i know that would be betraying the rest of the members but you got to admit, its quite a moral dilemna.

Edited by highflying10

Well all I'll say is if your annoyed that the form is become clogged up through repetitive requests fair enough, but I would'nt bother using this excuse of respecting managements wishes, if that were true, then delete what you got, Im sure they'd like that, also when you originally downloaded them you must have known that Management would not endorse it.

So in summary if your annoyed a people ofr the practical reason of them cloggin up the place, fair enough but to be fair its expected. But don't make it look like your protesting from Axl's perspective, your not, your as guilty as anyone else here.

Thats all Im saying

I'm annoyed that people try to get this way, eventhough they know it's not allowed AND it won't work. I think it's nice to have a lot of new members and that people are interested in the band. But trying to get the songs this way is just so pointless.

I agree. The behaviour of some of these people is a joke. We've gotten a good version of IRS and a good chunk of an entirely new song and all people can do is whine and bitch and clog up the forum. It really is pathetic.

I'm not being self-righteous, it's just that you people are acting like a little five year old who got an ice cream cone and now is nagging mommy for another one. And nagging, and nagging, and nagging... My dog has more self-control.

BTW, I've downloaded both clips but have not listened to them. I'm debating whether I even should because I'd rather listen to the music for the first time off of the actual album. I'm afraid this would spoil it. But it's good to have the clips just in case the album is delayed further.

Well all I'll say is if your annoyed that the form is become clogged up through repetitive requests fair enough, but I would'nt bother using this excuse of respecting managements wishes, if that were true, then delete what you got, Im sure they'd like that, also when you originally downloaded them you must have known that Management would not endorse it.

So in summary if your annoyed a people ofr the practical reason of them cloggin up the place, fair enough but to be fair its expected. But don't make it look like your protesting from Axl's perspective, your not, your as guilty as anyone else here.

Thats all Im saying

I'm annoyed that people try to get this way, eventhough they know it's not allowed AND it won't work. I think it's nice to have a lot of new members and that people are interested in the band. But trying to get the songs this way is just so pointless.

I agree. The behaviour of some of these people is a joke. We've gotten a good version of IRS and a good chunk of an entirely new song and all people can do is whine and bitch and clog up the forum. It really is pathetic.

I'm not being self-righteous, it's just that you people are acting like a little five year old who got an ice cream cone and now is nagging mommy for another one. And nagging, and nagging, and nagging... My dog has more self-control.

BTW, I've downloaded both clips but have not listened to them. I'm debating whether I even should because I'd rather listen to the music for the first time off of the actual album. I'm afraid this would spoil it. But it's good to have the clips just in case the album is delayed further.

either you're lying or you're a little girl

Thats all Im saying

How so?

Not that it matters, because both theories are wrong.

Thats all Im saying

How so?

ok, so you're a little girl that's lying, doesn't change much

whoevers got it, could i get the full version of Better?

and then TWAT?

Dude those songs are Axl's property, be patient and respect management wishes....

:rofl-lol:

Sorry...., what you have read above is something I don't agree with...., anyway If I get them I'll send them to you...

Thats all Im saying

How so?

ok, so you're a little girl that's lying, doesn't change much

Back up your accusations or zip it. What did I say that was so far-fetched, or girly for that matter?

If what you're saying is that no fan would have that much self-control, well, I won't argue too much cuz I'll probably end up listening to them (IRS I will for sure, cuz I heard the leaks from before already). It'll be hard to resist. But I'd rather hear them off the album the first time I listen to the songs. It would sort of suck to get the album and to know what ten of the thirteen songs sound like. I want to be blown away that day...listening to leaked versions ahead of time only undermines that.

Sorry if this is too hard to understand.

Edited by KBear