ROGER WATERS 2006 EUROPEAN SUMMER TOUR

username

ROGER WATERS 2006 EUROPEAN SUMMER TOUR

We have today had official confirmation direct from Roger Waters' management, of Roger's itinerary for his European tour, this summer, taking in a number of shows along the way.

Most of the shows are solo performances in his own right; a few are as part of a multi-artist festival. All venues with the exception of Reykjavik are open air.

Please do not ask us if he might be playing in your home city/town/country, as these are the confirmed dates, and although there are expected to be more dates added, we cannot divulge these at the moment as they are not set in stone. If they are, we will of course bring you the good news! Tickets for some of these shows are believed to be on sale already - we are looking into the situation with regard to ALL these shows and will update you shortly.

As with the upcoming David Gilmour shows, we want to give Roger's shows comprehensive coverage. We'd love to see your comments about the shows, and any ticket scans, pictures, reviews, set lists, newspaper reports, concert adverts, interviews, audio, video, or anything else you come across. We're currently setting up a page for each show's goodies and practical information, accessed via the Roger Waters 2006 Tour page, so keep checking back. Please get in touch if you can help, too!

Without further ado, here's the current schedule of dates that Roger will be playing:

2 June Rock In Rio Festival, Lisbon, Portugal Multi-artist festival

8 June Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany OWN SHOW

12 June Egilsholl Arena, Reykjavik, Iceland OWN SHOW

14 June Norwegian Wood Festival, Oslo, Norway OWN SHOW

18 June Terra Vibe Park, Athens, Greece OWN SHOW

2 July Roskilde Festival, Denmark Multi-artist festival

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source:

http://brain-damage.co.uk/news/0602141.html

The thing is...it also listed Arrow festival in the netherlands at first, but not anymore :(

It is talked about in this earlier article though. Hope more dates will emerge soon!

Even though I am not a big fan of Gilmours songwriting--- he is a guitar god and I am seeing him in mid April on possibly his last tour

Me March 20th in Amsterdam. ;)

Have you seen the tour band?

Rick Wright, Guy Pratt, Phil Manzanera, Dick Parry

Parry is the guy who also plays the sax on DSOTM and WYWH. :D

More here: http://brain-damage.co.uk/news/0601273.html

He should hire a lot of backing vocalists because boy can he not sing

He's not a great vocalist, that I'll give. But his sometimes squeeky tormented voice does suit most of his music very well I think. But no, he doesn't sing like he did in the early 80's anymore. And even back then he wasn't a singing wonder. At some point he totaly blew his voice I think. But I thought he wasn't that bad on In The Flesh though. Recoverated a lot imo. I also thought he was decent at live aid.

Gilmour on the other hand still sings almost exactly like he did 20 to 30 years ago.

If I'm not completely mistaken its Waters that sings on the Trial, yes? Now that is some amazing singing right there. But yes, he totally blew his voice at some point. His voice was pretty weak at Live8, still tolerable tho.