...would you be upset..

sixtus

I do care about the name..I guess I am old school in that I like recording in Album form better than CD's just because of the package. The artwork and such used to be more a part of the whole package which was cool. Yea the music is the main thing but nice to tie in some other stuff...Still CD is not something that I find 'great', so, No I would not mind if it changed. I'm so so on the name actually.

I've thought that maybe the album name could be different when it finally comes out. Whether it's C.D. or something else, I think a lot of the die-hard fans will still always refer to it as C.D. Either way, when the album is released it's going to be the biggest thing to happen in the rock industry in our generation, and with what we've heard so far, the music is going to far eclipse the other stuff.

i dont know, i personally dont like the name chinese democracy.

this is gonna be a well remembered historic like album i think the name should be more creative.

like use your illusion and appetite for destruction.

i dont know quite how to explan this but i like a name like use your illusion better than the idea of a democracy in china for an ideal name for such a great album.

I'd rather keep the name. It's just so infamous now... it's part of rock history.

I agree...The title has grown into this huge entity now as the production process and internet hype have been chronicled throughout the years; And though album titles usually mean little too me, This one is symbolic of an ever growing anticipation and has already reached near legendary status even before it comes out. CD has become far more than just two words and I think it would be a let down if it was changed this late in the game.

like use your illusion and appetite for destruction.

How is Use Your Illusion more creative? It was a name of a painting.

well like i said, im not too sure how to get this across but ill try.

appetite for destruction has a name that could berelevant forever so its timeless.

chinese democracy is just kind of an ironic term pointing out that china isnt in democracy, which can change over time so it technically wouldnt be a timeless album.

i dont know but those kind of things just seem to bug me.

like the austin powers movies.

i guess im just weird like that.

I think Chinese Democracy is actually a title that is special to Axl. I don't remember exactly how the story goes, but "Chinese Democracy" is something that he saw etched in a wall, or written in blood when he was in China back in the early-mid 90's. Maybe someone knows the whole story behind it...

i am sure nobody knows the whole story behind it..and the track "c.d." would remind him of that experience too..