WAAF was one of the first radio stations to air the recently leaked

tunes from GUNS N' ROSES upcoming "Chinese Democracy" album, playing

them for several days until lawyers for GN'R frontman Axl Rose

called and asked the station to stop.

WAAF listeners were enthusiastic about the songs, according to

Program Director Ron Valeri. "The intrigue around the material is

massive, a lot of curiosity," he told the Boston Herald. "Everyone's

got an opinion, but I'd say overall (reaction) was favorable."

The Herald writer Blagg heard three of the songs on Thursday (Feb.

23), and described them as "not Axl's best. The new tunes lack the

muscle and drive of classic GN'R, the melodies are forgettable and

the new industrial/electronica accents sound forced, as if Rose is

desperately trying to keep up with the kids."

GN'R has been working on "Chinese Democracy" for at least eight

years — will it finally be released this year? Valeri thinks the

band's plans to tour Europe this summer — and the timing of the song

leaks — are hints that it will.

"Many are theorizing that it was Axl who made this stuff available,"

he said. "Frankly, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Put a feeler in the

water, see how much attention you get from the media. I think he's

probably got to feel pretty good about this."

Christopher Blagg of the Boston Herald is reporting that Boson's

WAAF was one of the first radio stations to air the recently leaked

tunes from GUNS N' ROSES upcoming "Chinese Democracy" album, playing

them for several days until lawyers for GN'R frontman Axl Rose

called and asked the station to stop.

WAAF listeners were enthusiastic about the songs, according to

Program Director Ron Valeri. "The intrigue around the material is

massive, a lot of curiosity," he told the Boston Herald. "Everyone's

got an opinion, but I'd say overall (reaction) was favorable."

The Herald writer Blagg heard three of the songs on Thursday (Feb.

23), and described them as "not Axl's best. The new tunes lack the

muscle and drive of classic GN'R, the melodies are forgettable and

the new industrial/electronica accents sound forced, as if Rose is

desperately trying to keep up with the kids."

GN'R has been working on "Chinese Democracy" for at least eight

years — will it finally be released this year? Valeri thinks the

band's plans to tour Europe this summer — and the timing of the song

leaks — are hints that it will.

"Many are theorizing that it was Axl who made this stuff available,"

he said. "Frankly, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Put a feeler in the

water, see how much attention you get from the media. I think he's

probably got to feel pretty good about this."

Your opinion sucks :fuckyou:

no offence though :)

Perhaps the GNR fans should be preparing to get used to this when reading things from a rather neutral point of view.

I am prepared - have to, because my girlfriend is no GNR-fan and in fact a pretty harsh critic of music. So I am forced to accept the view of "normal" people. :)

But nevertheless there is a difference between a good, solid critic and simple bashing. I'm really curious of the official reviews in the big magazines.

my hubby is the same as your girl.... any ways i dont care their opinion i love gnr :rolleyes:

I love GNR too but the leaked songs that I heard sound horrorable. Madagascar and The Blues were the only good songs that he wrote in like what? 14 years? IRS was kinda cool in some parts but still.

and I hate when people say shit like "well you haven't seen the big guns", thats shit! how long has he been working on this shit? i'm sorry, but he has failed.

I love GNR too but the leaked songs that I heard sound horrorable. Madagascar and The Blues were the only good songs that he wrote in like what? 14 years? IRS was kinda cool in some parts but still.

and I hate when people say shit like "well you haven't seen the big guns", thats shit! how long has he been working on this shit? i'm sorry, but he has failed.

You are saying he has failed after hearing three low quality demos?? Thats kinda stupid dont you think??

I hate when people judge an album without even hearing the fucking thing first, fucking retarded.

You are saying he has failed after hearing three low quality demos?? Thats kinda stupid dont you think??

I hate when people judge an album without even hearing the fucking thing first, fucking retarded.

I hate when people praise an album without even hearing the fucking thing first, fucking retarded.

I hate when people praise an album without even hearing the fucking thing first, fucking retarded.

You can comment on the songs that have been released, but judging an album be it good or bad based on a few "less than studio quality" songs is pretty pointless.

Appetite for destruction was the best rock album ever released. Even if it's only axl now and it's mr. peanut on guitar it's still gonna be the best album released in 2006. I don't know about you guys, but i never saw anyone waiting in lines to pick up the new chris brown cd.

It makes zero sense that *IF* the GNR camp is the party doing the leaking they would put out any tracks they don't feel are amongst the very best material. The whole point of the leaks would be to grab the public's attention and drive excitement for the release. Lesser material would only have the opposite, adverse effect.

I never did buy that The Blues, Maddy and CD weren't big guns. From what we've heard, those tracks are amongst the best and Axl has even said The Blues is one of his 3 personal favorites.

Stating the obvious, there's a lot of bs flying around...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

2/24/2006

Nothing gets the music buzz machine humming like a few songs leaked before their official release.

After 13 years without an album, Guns N’ Roses grabbed the spotlight last weekend when several tracks from their long-awaited record “Chinese Democracy” were leaked on line.

Boston’s WAAF was one of the first radio stations to air the tunes, playing them for several days until lawyers for GN’R frontman Axl Rose called and asked the station to stop.

WAAF listeners were enthusiastic about the songs, according to Program Director Ron Valeri. “The intrigue around the material is massive, a lot of curiosity,” he said. “Everyone’s got an opinion, but I’d say overall (reaction) was favorable.”

The Herald heard three of the songs yesterday, and we can tell you they’re not Axl’s best. The new tunes lack the muscle and drive of classic GN’R, the melodies are forgettable and the new industrial/electronica accents sound forced, as if Rose is desperately trying to keep up with the kids.

GN’R has been working on “Chinese Democracy” for at least eight years - will it finally be released this year? Valeri thinks the band’s plans to tour Europe this summer - and the timing of the song leaks - are hints that it will.

“Many are theorizing that it was Axl who made this stuff available,” he said. “Frankly, it wouldn’t be a bad idea. Put a feeler in the water, see how much attention you get from the media. I think he’s probably got to feel pretty good about this.”

Official Source: http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/...rticleid=127766

Edited by Forever Axl