"I.R.S" Discussion Thread

c2zero

I am a loyal 93X listener and some of the DJS ripped on the new songs. In the cagematch IRS was the highest ranking song ever. Why can't people have an open mind an embrace the new songs? Nothing will ever sound like Appetite. We as GNR fans need to allow Axl to grow as an artist and appreciate his new sound. I personally like his new music. It may not sound like Appetite or the Use Your Illusions; but the new music is really good. People need to grow with Axl and allow his vision to materialize.

I hated the song at first, but it's really growing on me. Needs some work still from the demo we've heard. Get rid of the drum machines (obviously), no hip hop beats please, and maybe work on some of the vocals...I'm not crazy about how verses like the first one sound. Bucket's solo really rips though, and I really like the Finck solo. It's very simple perhaps, but sounds cool.

IRS, needs to speed up a bit maybe? I dont know hoe it would sound, but Axl hopefully have tested it himself and maybe it wasn´t as good as at current speed but I think it could rock more with higher tempo..and the ending should change, those last few second...don´t fit at all...should end like old GNR stuff from AFD with a big "yeah" in the ending by Axl :krider: , that can never go wrong...