Bon Jovi Takes Shot At Axl Over GNR Buzz

fittoburn

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pfff bon who? that dude doesn't get attention because he's crap!, it's not hard to work out is it BON!? is your mullet stopping your brain from working again, opera's calling.

Edited by aussie_axl

13 pages to trash Bon Jovi? Doesn't that seem a little excessive? Especially considering he didn't even say anything harsh like calling Axl talentless or a hack, but simply questioning Axl's ability to draw media attention. A bit harsh...

So what if he's an 80's throwback, so is Def Leppard and both of them had some decent songs in their back catalogue. They aren't completely crappy bands like Poison/Cinderella or other derivatives of 80's hair metal....

Umm alrite, bon jovi isn't really that bad. Most of you probabaly just think they suck because axl said "bon jovi can suck my dick" so now you all have the same mindset. In all honesty, axl is my favorite musician ever but imagine if you were in the music industry, working your ass off year after year, putting out albums, touring and all and you get moderate attention and then some guy who has been hiding away for 13 years comes out of his house for a few public appearances and all of the sudden he is all over the media. You would think it sucks too. Sure bon jovi made some cheesy songs but they had some damn good ones too and who ever it was that said cinderella is a shitty band is out of their mind. Cinderella blows away anyone in the 80's except gnr. Listen to the fuckin heartbreak station album. It's damn good bluesy rock n roll or ya know what go see em' live and say they suck after that.

pshh I'll be seeing bon jovi this friday while all you are sitting on your computers listening to leaked demos and getting boners when a festival appearance close to 3000 miles away from your homes is announced.

Umm alrite, bon jovi isn't really that bad. Most of you probabaly just think they suck because axl said "bon jovi can suck my dick" so now you all have the same mindset. In all honesty, axl is my favorite musician ever but imagine if you were in the music industry, working your ass off year after year, putting out albums, touring and all and you get moderate attention and then some guy who has been hiding away for 13 years comes out of his house for a few public appearances and all of the sudden he is all over the media. You would think it sucks too. Sure bon jovi made some cheesy songs but they had some damn good ones too and who ever it was that said cinderella is a shitty band is out of their mind. Cinderella blows away anyone in the 80's except gnr. Listen to the fuckin heartbreak station album. It's damn good bluesy rock n roll or ya know what go see em' live and say they suck after that.

pshh I'll be seeing bon jovi this friday while all you are sitting on your computers listening to leaked demos and getting boners when a festival appearance close to 3000 miles away from your homes is announced.

Awesome, I hear their using Duracell because they are working a slighty bigger audience.

In all honesty, axl is my favorite musician ever but imagine if you were in the music industry, working your ass off year after year, putting out albums, touring and all and you get moderate attention and then some guy who has been hiding away for 13 years comes out of his house for a few public appearances and all of the sudden he is all over the media. You would think it sucks too. Sure bon jovi made some cheesy songs but they had some damn good ones too .

:laugh: i didnt get a boner because well ...*looks at gender tag* but i did get pretty excited when i heard they were coming to one big festival , since im gonna be there at RIR ;)

Yes you do have a point. I bet any musician can get mad with this,but hey this is how the media works . AXL that just stoped showing up for some years now is back with his band to do gigs ....there is the impression in the air that will come out that famous and so expensive cd that is taking ages to become a reality .

To the music press this all gotta sound pretty juicy

As Ray Davies once said: "Style, I mean. Never was much, never has been. But the little bit of it was all that we had"...

Forget about working hard.. Bon Jovi working his ass off? C'mon dude! The working class of Bowling for Columbine are working their asses off, Bon Jovi lives in a permanent vacation!!!

It's called style. Rose got it, tones of it. Jon Bon doesn't have style nor attitude, not even voice.

Cinderella and Junkyard were tremendous bands. Bon Jovi wasn't. For the exception of Samborra, none of them could even play (heard some terrible story about the drummer not able to play drums in the way it was required for some of their 90's albums... buff)

And last, but not least... pshh, I'll be seeing guns n' roses close to 400 miles away from home this summer... it's not such a long distance, and I'm gonna make it very happy, not in the way you'll be seeing Jon Bon this friday... on your knees!!!

Yeah this is what I think. Bon Jovi are no gnr but theyve been consistently putting out albums for 20 odd years. Its the same bullshit we get on here about vince neil and kurt cobain. And no, a few crummy demos (theyre really not that amazing, how anyone can class better and T.W.A.T. as really good/better than old gnr is beyond me) does not beat every Bon Jovi song in the last 13 years, open your eyes.

well its quite different if you are going to the damn festival, you should get fucking excited

and yeah i definitley understand why he gets so much attention at the same time but fuck 13 pages of shit talking because someone said something negative about axl, oh no!

wow, im really glad someone mentioned junkyard

now thats an underrated fucking band

yeah and ill agree bon jovi doesnt have near the voice as axl or anything, i have to say he has style, and yeah attitude is kind of lackign too but it's not like he's complete shit.

And dude, more power to you, you're seeing my favorite band live, but id still say seeing bon jovi live kicks the hsit out of posting on a message board at all hours of the night

JON BON JOVI is disgusted rock rival AXL ROSE receives more media attention than he does, because the reclusive GUNS N' ROSES frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years". New Jersey rockers BON JOVI leaped to fame around the same time as the KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR hitmakers and hates being regarded as an inferior to the group by the music press. He says, "You know what p**ses me off? I was reading this British rock magazine this month and there was a story about Axl Rose and the $13 million Guns N' Roses record that was never made. "That motherf**ker hasn't made a record in 13 years and he gets all that attention. You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?"

Its the way of the world Mr Bon Jovi, Diana (RIP) gets bigger headlines than Prince Charles, get over it you hooray for tolerance!.

I have a great idea which will be a benefit to the human race, if we keep talking about Jon Bon Jovi will he promise the world NOT TO MAKE A RECORD IN THE NEXT 13 + YEARS.

"Does anyone actually know people that listens to Bon "wannabe Axl" Jovi? Can't beleive they sold a 100 million albums!"

not to burst your bubble christian but bon jovi came well before guns n' roses

so i wouldn't really say "wannabe axl"

and come onnnn!

purplpats.jpg

look at those pants!

did you ever see the video for "runaway" by bon jovi???

"Does anyone actually know people that listens to Bon "wannabe Axl" Jovi? Can't beleive they sold a 100 million albums!"

not to burst your bubble christian but bon jovi came well before guns n' roses

so i wouldn't really say "wannabe axl"

and come onnnn!

purplpats.jpg

look at those pants!

did you ever see the video for "runaway" by bon jovi???

What's wrong with those pants? :P

Bon Jovi has always made medicare music and always will, it doesn't really suck but it's nowhere near great either. His latest albums are pure crap. He should be happy with the fans he's got, he has no reason for being jealous when a living rock legend is making a comeback.

Bon Jovi have made the odd power ballad that you can listen to (I'll Be There For You, Bed Of Roses, Always etc), plus they've done one of the best songs to listen to when out and drunk, Livin On A Prayer. Personally, I think their best song is Wanted Dead Or Alive, not a lot to write home about other than that one IMO.

Grimo.

well its quite different if you are going to the damn festival, you should get fucking excited

and yeah i definitley understand why he gets so much attention at the same time but fuck 13 pages of shit talking because someone said something negative about axl, oh no!

wow, im really glad someone mentioned junkyard

now thats an underrated fucking band

yeah and ill agree bon jovi doesnt have near the voice as axl or anything, i have to say he has style, and yeah attitude is kind of lackign too but it's not like he's complete shit.

And dude, more power to you, you're seeing my favorite band live, but id still say seeing bon jovi live kicks the hsit out of posting on a message board at all hours of the night

I love Junkyard, and that's something qe both share as far as I can see but...

WRONG AGAIN! In my country, now I can see the beautiful sunlight because I LIVE IN FUCKING SPAIN!!!! So I don't post at all hours of the night.

And no, Jon Bon doesn't have style, in the sense you know... style is style. David Roach had style. Ian Astbury has style. Michael Monroe has style. Chris Robinson of The Black Crowes has a lot of style. And Axl is Mr. Style Himself. The one and only.

Jon Bon is a terrible actor, a mediocre singer and part of a sad band that hasn't done a decent song since "New Jersey"... ok, the soundtrack of.. what was the name? Big Guns II? That album had decent songs. End of story to me.

I respect your opinions, dude. It's just I cannot envy you less for going to see Jon Bon live.