UYI Demos vs. CD Demos

eschman

you think Axl is going to play a demo for a label rep and go "right here there's going to be this other guitar going 'wah, wah, wah' and this little synth sound going 'doo, doo, doo-de-dooh', you just gotta pretend that it's there, it's gonna be great, i promise!"?

hahaha that part made me laugh...... :)

Me too. It astounds me that so many people think these are finished.

These aren't demo's....

Man there's gonna be disappointment around here..

So what you are saying is that the final cut is gonna use drum machines?

LOLOLOL....

How old are you?

Have you heard Oh My God? The drum machine intros are intentional....The instrumentation in these 'demos' are the way it's going to be...the only thing that will change is the mixing...maybe push axl's voice up a little...etc...make it sound.

Axl has fully intended to use drum machines....it's part of his new sound.

In madagascar there is drum machines too....think with ur head..not with ur idolization for Axl...

These songs are good by 'today's music standards' but there's no instant magic like when i first heard jungle or don't cry....Don't Cry was groundbreaking...cause NO ONE at the time (1986) was writing anything like that...the chord progression, the way the bridge starts on the second chord of the main progression...it was just brilliant.

So far, I find the new music somewhat aimless...

I love complex music too..I'm a huge fan of bands like Tea Party and Radiohead...I don't know what Axl has done.

the hell you talkin about,man? OMG was studio drumming, that was josh freese,and he's just a GREAT DRUMMER,and i'd say accurate as a machine

there was no drum machine in madagascar,you just don't believe in the skill of brain,trust me,he's amazing

complex music is my bag too,but there comes a point where some times(ahem,4 guitar solos of madagascar at once) you have to evaluate the general public's ear for music

if thier ear isn't so great,they won't hear the fullness

LOL...so Brain can make his regular drums sound like electronic drums can he?...LOL..he'd be the first drummer in the world to do that. He either uses a midi-drum controller, or a drum pad with different sounds on it...Learn your basics before getting into a discussion.

And there is electronic drums all over the new stuff...probably everything except The Blues.

lol....listen to IRS.....it's far from finished. You can hardly hear Axl because of the bad mix.....and in some parts, the raw sound doesn't come up in it's full volume.....it's like everything is buried.....you need to crank up the volume to hear the potential of this song!

This song it's harder than you might think!.....the studio version will blow us way!

lol....listen to IRS.....it's far from finished. You can hardly hear Axl because of the bad mix.....and in some parts, the raw sound doesn't come up in it's full volume.....it's like everything is buried.....you need to crank up the volume to hear the potential of this song!

This song it's harder than you might think!.....the studio version will blow us way!

You sound like an employee on Axl's payroll. Stop hyping this shit up Funral....