Chinese Democracy Song - Discussion Thread

Bucketslash

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the song "Chinese Democracy" as we´ve heard it so far is pretty lame and I don´t mind if it gets cut from the album. I mean, there must be much better songs that are more worthy to get on the album than this crap.

IMO, it is a good song and the closest in style to AFD (of the CD tracks we've heard). The guitar solo from the 2002 tour could use some improvements, but I don't think they need to do much fucking around with the rest of the song. If the speculation about the album being only 13 tracks is true, I would prefer for it to get cut - but if it is 18 tracks or 3 albums (as has also been speculated), I would like to see it on there.

Also, I like the opening riff. It has the kind of distinction to be recognizable in the same way as the openings to WTTJ, Sweet Child, and Paradise City.

I didn't like it much at first either, but everybody should burn it to a CD, then turn the volume on your stereo/headphones to FULL, and enjoy. The song is great, the lyrics are good, the guitar work is great, everything about the song kicks ass.

This is to be done with the soundboard version.

I didn't like it much at first either, but everybody should burn it to a CD, then turn the volume on your stereo/headphones to FULL, and enjoy. The song is great, the lyrics are good, the guitar work is great, everything about the song kicks ass.

Agreed. I think Chinese Democracy and Silkworms are severly underrated

Sarcasm is hard to detect online. So either you're a maniac who thinks Silkworms is actually a song, not a world control plot by the Illuminati. Or you're a maniac who thinks CD should be mentioned in the same sentence as that horrible, evil construction of death and decay.

Sarcasm is hard to detect online. So either you're a maniac who thinks Silkworms is actually a song, not a world control plot by the Illuminati. Or you're a maniac who thinks CD should be mentioned in the same sentence as that horrible, evil construction of death and decay.

No sarcasm. I like the song, I am a maniac.

Silkworms blows. I'd rather listen to Matt Sorum's boring weak drum solo or Dom Deluese taking a dump than that song again. It is aweful and cheesy, and the fake accent in the vocals is so lame.

As for Chinese Democracy, pretty cool song. As for guitar work, as someone who plays guitar, it is basically a 3 to 4 power chord song that most beginning guitar players could learn to play before the song even ends. I like the song, but the "guitar work" might as well be a Greenday song.

Peace,

Screetcher

Silkworms blows. I'd rather listen to Matt Sorum's boring weak drum solo or Dom Deluese taking a dump than that song again. It is aweful and cheesy, and the fake accent in the vocals is so lame.

As for Chinese Democracy, pretty cool song. As for guitar work, as someone who plays guitar, it is basically a 3 to 4 power chord song that most beginning guitar players could learn to play before the song even ends. I like the song, but the "guitar work" might as well be a Greenday song.

Peace,

Screetcher

The guitar work isn't hard to play. But it is really cool, that's what I was trying to say.

Peace,

Screetcher

the solo's got that gnr trademark "i'm the bastard of a song thats gonna take you a week to learn how to play right"

and sll the mini fills are annoying to time and get in there right

but sounding,i love it

Chinese democracy is an average song, but I like it. As for the guitar, all of the guitar in the new songs is pretty mediocre. besides for a few of buckethead's parts which are pretty intricate.

I agree completely. BH's solos are nuts, though. He is great (and gone).

I'd just as soon leave it on the cutting room floor...If there are 13 songs on CD, I would hope they could represent one of the slots with a better track than that...Decent, but out of 32 potential songs, I'll take something else

I get the feeling that there is nothing Axl can do to please some of you.

If he had made a Welcome To The Jungle 2 or something you all would still say something negative like "Well Axl it's not the 80's anymore, we want something updated."

Seriously there is nothing he can do....well, short of reforming the old band.

I think that's a large reason none of this new material is being accepted by a chunk of you all. No Slash, No Duff = NO GOOD.

BULL SHIT

Had Chinese Democracy (the live version of the song) leaked back in the day featuring Slash, and Duff, it'd be hailed as a great piece of Rock N' Roll art, instead of a great piece of shit.

I agree Chinese Democracy is severely underated as is a lot of this new material GNR is working on. Personally I love the lyrics. I love the music, and I love the voice.

Axl isn't worried about the money, or the number one hits, he's not worried about the grammys.

That isn't Chinese Democracy

It's about the music, it's about the passion, and the fuckin message.

Not how long of a guitar solo, or it's not that bluesy Slash sound we all grew up on.

If I was Chinese, growing up under a dictatorship, and I heard Chinese Democracy, listened to the lyrics. It would inspire me. The song is like a fuck you to those that try and dictate to you, and for that I love it.

When the band really wants to play the song good then it kicks ass...just about the only 2 really kick ass live versions are Chiba and London Docklands...maybe Osaka and Pukkelpop but as for the rest it was played very very poorly on the American leg of the tour.

The song is simple as hell, it needs a lot of energy. Its got a good grove and axl does some cool things with his voice.

I'll decide if its underrated when I hear a studio recording. Live in hartford it kicked ass.