The Who v Led Zeppelin

The Third Man

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay. Two of the greatest bands of the 70's, and both bands that still set rock n roll standards. But which of these two songs do you prefer?

I'll go for Won't Get Fooled Again. Stairway just seems like it could be greater if shorter, and it always seemed pretentious to me. Won't Get Fooled Again is just a perfect rock song

Stairway

Won't Get Fooled Again

Edited by Glick

Thats so unfair, its like putting "So Sad About us" against "Rock N Roll", I voted Stairway anyways because Won't get Fooled Again gets on your nerves after a while, don't get me wrong though, it is one of the greatest rock songs ever, but if i was to put it against the soul and spirit of Stairway...Plus, if it only were Stairway Vs. Won't Get Fooled Again, I would maybe vote for WGFA, but since its The Who against Zeppelin....

Plant >>>>>>>>>> Daltrey

Page >>>> Townshend

John Paul Jones >> Entwistle

Bonham >> Moon (Though Moon was a fucking looney and amazing drummer, nothing beats Bonzo and his wrist power)

Though probably The Who will take the prize, Zeppelin is so much more talented, but its easier to relate to Plain Rock to Rock/Blues Rock/Celtic Folk/Country/etc...that Zeppelin had....

Thats so unfair, its like putting "So Sad About us" against "Rock N Roll", I voted Stairway anyways because Won't get Fooled Again gets on your nerves after a while, don't get me wrong though, it is one of the greatest rock songs ever, but if i was to put it against the soul and spirit of Stairway...Plus, if it only were Stairway Vs. Won't Get Fooled Again, I would maybe vote for WGFA, but since its The Who against Zeppelin....

Plant >>>>>>>>>> Daltrey

Page >>>> Townshend

John Paul Jones >> Entwistle

Bonham >> Moon (Though Moon was a fucking looney and amazing drummer, nothing beats Bonzo and his wrist power)

Though probably The Who will take the prize, Zeppelin is so much more talented, but its easier to relate to Plain Rock to Rock/Blues Rock/Celtic Folk/Country/etc...that Zeppelin had....

Plant > Daltrey? Debateable

Page > Townshend? In pure guitar ability. But you're not taking song-writing into account, which Townshend defeats many of rocks greatest in. Also as a live performer, Townshend was a lot more exciting

Jones > Entwistle? This I completely disagree with. Entwistle is a better bass player.

Bonham > Moon? I disagree with you here but it's a really tough thing to decide with these two. So I ain't gonna hold it against you.

Edited by Glick

The performance in Won't Get Fooled Again is incredible. Entwhistle does a solid, steady bass performance throughout, Pete Townshend does his best performance ever IMO, with one of the most explosive solos ever, a Jimi Hendrix kind of thing. Keith Moon gets close to doing a drum solo near the end, and Roger Daltrey's final scream fucks my mind every time I listen to it.

However, I can't stand the synthesizer.

Anyway, I like Stairway better.

Won't Get Fooled Again,

The Who are a much better band, Entwistle is soo much better than JPJ it aint funny, Moon is better than Bonham, Daltery better vocalist and frontman than Plant, and while Page might be technically better Townshend is one of the greatest songwriters ever. And as a whole The Who made more creative and revolutionary albums than Zep, plus The Who are much better live.

My 2 cents as always.

Guest zipgunboogie

all in all. stairway is the better song.

but wont get fooled again has the best ever recorded scream of rock n roll history