AXL ROSE says SLASH Made Unannounced Visit to his Home in October 2005

Madagascar88

GNR tribute bands play it, so why not?

Well Slash and Duff could use that argument in court i guess. They could say that they also contribute to make Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City and Sweet Child O' Mine hits because Axl was not alone behind this songs. In AFD the whole band is credited for the songs not just Axl. So Slash and Duff have the right to commercially explote those songs

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pathetic action from Axl´s side. I hope he loses this battle cause it´s just childish behaviour to not let them play those songs live. And making a court thing out of it? OMG.....

Edited by Lukin

Yahoo is reporting the story.

The important parts are that Slash and Duff were not available for comment. There is no mention of Slash going to Axl's house. And the lawsuit is because Axl doesn't want VR to play old hits like Paradise City

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/...4178680000.html

The lawsuit pertains to licensing, not to performing the songs live.

The important parts are that Slash and Duff were not available for comment. There is no mention of Slash going to Axl's house. And the lawsuit is because Axl doesn't want VR to play old hits like Paradise City

It's not about VR playing them, it's about using those songs for projects ( movies). Everyone can play those songs live, as long as it's not officially recorded.

The article says "commercially explote" sounds more than just licensing. But i don't know exactly what that means since all the AFD songs are credited to GN'R the way the band was at the time

is there somebody there can tell me if there's any chance or hope, that Slash will rejoin Guns N' Roses ??

About as much chance as Adler being a guest speaker at an Anti-drugs convention

hahaha :D

is there somebody there can tell me if there's any chance or hope, that Slash will rejoin Guns N' Roses ??

Unfortunately, No

Or if they did eventually make up, they'll be so fuckin old that it wouldn't even be worth it....

LA

Edited by LA_0013

The article says "commercially explote" sounds more than just licensing. But i don't know exactly what that means since all the AFD songs are credited to GN'R the way the band was at the time

Commercially exploit as in use of the old songs in movies, commercials, things of that nature. Publishing rights.

My first move would be to pick up the phone and call my lawyer, discuss the situation, and then slap Axl with a slander lawsuit. I think we'll hear from Slash within ten days or so, and it'll proably be a short release of his own, letting us all know he's suing for slander.

You can't sue for slander if the things said about you are true. So, if they are, that's out. Even then, He'd have to prove in court he didn't say those things, as Axl would insist he did.

Anyway, Madison, could you please ask Merck about this titanic contradiction in Axl's words? I mean, did he see Slash in the last 10 years or not?!

There is some major subplot going on here, and I'm usually the last one to believe conspiracy theories of any kind.

To be quite honest, though, if the album is indeed coming out, and the two bands are to be on the same tour together, there is no better publicity in the world than this kind of press release...contradicitions, rivalries, drama...nothing gets people talking more than shit like this.

-Rob

Edited by rbudrick