If Slash Really Showed Up At Axl's House .. Who Do You Sympathize With?

madison

I found this whole "missing paragraph" in the press statement really bizarre, and I haven't gotten a clear explanation yet (from any of the parties I've contacted) as to why it was omitted from the press statement on Business Wire and then later added to the statement being circulated around the Net (if indeed, this is what happened). ... Did legal counsel suggest it be left off the press statement - and then Axl requested it be added back? Who knows.

Anyway, here's my question -- If Slash really did show up at Axl's house and really did make the comments he did, it appears he was trying to reach out to Axl and make amends - possibly even reunite. If this is the case, do you think it was right for Axl to reveal this conversation?

(I don't think anybody is questioning the rest of Axl's statement about the lawsuit. Afterall, his former bandmates have spoken out a lot on this matter while Axl has remained silent. So, it's only fair Axl explain his side).

On the other hand, if Slash was truly trying to bury the hatchet, why did the lawsuit regarding the ASCAP clerical error continue? Why didn't he drop this suit as a show of good faith?

Your thoughts? Whose side do you sympathize with most?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That part about visiting his house is fake, it uses a different style of sentences.

Slash lost his credibility a looooong time ago. I don't even want this poser to be in GnR anymore, let him stay in VR playing for Scotty love.

No sympathy here even if he did beg Axl, after all the shit he sued for.

Good point. If the lawsuit was due to a clerical error the whole time, Slash should have dropped it the minute he found out. This whole thing is weird. I really think that the paragraph was added in somewhere along the line. I thought agencies like Businesswire simply reported stories as they were received. It wouldn't benefit anyone to omit that paragraph. This whole situation is weird. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens. <_<

Edited by santana

I think too many people care way too much whether they like Axl and/or Slash or not. I could care less if either one or both are complete assholes, I just like the music... which we all have in common or we wouldn't be here.

"IF" (and that's a big if) it happened, I still don't believe Slash would talk bad about his current bandmates.

But it should not have been made public in a press release about a lawsuit. Makes both sides look petty and childish.

At this point I don't sympathize with either side. I just wish it would all end.

I thought agencies like Businesswire simply reported stories as they were received. ...

Exactly. Business Wire doesn't write press releases - it just distributes them for clients.

If an error is made in transit, the client just has to notify BW of the error (or omission), and BW will re-issue the statement with a correction. But - in the GNR statement - no correction was issued.

I found this whole "missing paragraph" in the press statement really bizarre, and I haven't gotten a clear explanation yet (from any of the parties I've contacted) as to why it was omitted from the press statement on Business Wire and then later added to the statement being circulated around the Net (if indeed, this is what happened). ... Did legal counsel suggest it be left off the press statement - and then Axl requested it be added back? Who knows.

Anyway, here's my question -- If Slash really did show up at Axl's house and really did make the comments he did, it appears he was trying to reach out to Axl and make amends - possibly even reunite. If this is the case, do you think it was right for Axl to reveal this conversation?

(I don't think anybody is questioning the rest of Axl's statement about the lawsuit. Afterall, his former bandmates have spoken out a lot on this matter while Axl has remained silent. So, it's only fair Axl explain his side).

On the other hand, if Slash was truly trying to bury the hatchet, why did the lawsuit regarding the ASCAP clerical error continue? Why didn't he drop this suit as a show of good faith?

Your thoughts? Whose side do you sympathize with most?

everyone knows i'm not an axlite, but i back axl 110% in this one, if slash said what he did.......well he's fucked over duff which is really sad in my books......... and shows what kind of a guy slash is.

it's about time axl defended himself in my books, more power to him

my comments only stand if this statement is true tho.

I think the omitted paragraph is clearly a fake by an Axlite.

Anywho, whether it was real or not, I find the whole report ironic. I find it ironic because, in releasing this, Axl is doing everything he accuses Slash of doing.

I thought agencies like Businesswire simply reported stories as they were received. ...

Exactly. Business Wire doesn't write press releases - it just distributes them for clients.

If an error is made in transit, the client just has to notify BW of the error (or omission), and BW will re-issue the statement with a correction. But - in the GNR statement - no correction was issued.

This is the CORRECT version of the newswire straight from SANCTUARY and from Axl's attorney. Jarmo, Mysteron and a lot of other admins from reputable unofficial GNR boards received this SAME correction yet mygnr.com seems to NOT want to believe it :rolleyes:

March 6th, 2006

Axl Rose Responds To Lawsuit

The following press release, which was sent earlier, is the official response from W. Axl Rose in regards to the lawsuits filed by Saul "Slash" Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan. A version of this release was also sent out over the Business Wire through the Entertainment Wire National with Trades, but was edited and did not contain all of the information intended. The attached release is the version that should be used in all reporting of Mr. Rose's reply to the lawsuits and all inquiries about this discrepancy should be directed to Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq.

---

W. Axl Rose, on Friday March 3, 2006 responded to one of Saul "Slash" Hudson's baseless lawsuits by filing a counterclaim asking the Federal Court to confirm his ownership of his own creative works. Slash and Michael “Duff” McKagan had previously filed cases both in Federal Court and in the Los Angeles Superior Court making numerous false allegations about Axl. Mr. Rose believes that once apprised of the true facts the Judge or Jury deciding these lawsuits will rule in Axl’s favor on every issue before them.

More surprising to Axl are recent media reports that Slash (Saul Hudson) is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N' Roses. Slash's actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive. Besides the lawsuits filed against Axl Rose, claiming, among other things, that Axl does not own the copyright in the songs that Axl co-authored with his former Guns N' Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl in order to garner publicity for himself.

As an example the Federal lawsuit Hudson and McKagan filed was based on a faulty premise from the start. What Hudson and McKagan attempted to portray as egregious misconduct by Axl was in fact -- as Slash and Duff have learned -- nothing more than a clerical error committed by ASCAP. Had Slash and Duff or their representatives bothered to pick up the phone the clerical error could have been easily sorted out without the need for filing an utterly baseless lawsuit which one can only assume had been filed for the purposes of self-publicity at Axl’s expense.

The lawsuit also attacks Axl’s integrity as Slash and Duff, in a vindictive attempt to aggrandize their own stature, re-write history through false statements, which have been repeated by the media. Their attacks on Axl stand in sharp contrast to Rose’s conduct. Axl has at all times worked diligently to maintain the artistic integrity of the band by choosing with great care which properties to license Guns N’ Roses songs to and refusing to participate in what he believed were potentially embarrassing projects. He has fought to avoid the release of material that does not live up to the highest of standards demanded by the band’s history and it’s followers. Axl chose not to respond through the media while taking the high road in the face of Slash and Duff’s attacks. Hudson and McKagan, by contrast, have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it’s history and believe that the band’s catalogue should be exploited without careful consideration - for the Guns N’ Roses brand and their loyal audience - or Axl’s input as if it were fast food by anyone willing to pay for it.

For over 10 years Slash, a consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator, has attacked Axl Rose on a number of levels. Slash’s actions whether in or out of Gun's N' Roses have been a complete betrayal across the board of his alleged friendship and business relationship with Axl and the so called brotherhood and band loyalties that are supposed to have existed. Instead Slash has publicly attempted, by soliciting public and media support, to take credit for something that was not his or anyone else's to take, notwithstanding that Slash played a major part in the success of the band as Axl has continually acknowledged.

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose’s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: “Duff was spineless,” “Scott was a fraud,” that he “hates Matt Sorum” and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself “the stronger.” Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

Mr. Rose's attorney Howard Weitzman commented, "Axl regrets having to spend time and energy on these distractions but he has a responsibility to protect the Guns N’ Roses legacy and expose the truth. Axl believes he has been left with no alternative but to respond to these lawsuits. It would have been Axl’s preference to resolve disputes with Slash and Duff in private. The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former band-mates.”

If there are further queries regarding this statement, please contact:

Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq

(310) xxx-xxxx Direct

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/sh...php?newsid=1571

and also in the discussion and news, someone posted that gunsnroses.us also received this and mysteron received this.

AXL'S ATTORNEY MAKES A STATEMENT SAYING THAT THIS IS THE LEGITIMATE VERSION IF PEOPLE CAN READ

Edited by Just_a_little_patience

Axl has always been far and away my favorite member.

But he can be such a dick most times, he's hard to defend.

At the end of the day, I think I support Slash here. Simply put, if this is true he would have to swallow a lot of pride to reach out like this. Frankly, something I would find Axl either incapable or unwilling to do...maybe both.

I don't even know Slash's visit meant "reunion". Just let's stop all the drama. These guys were huge parts of each other's lives. Not everyone is a cold bastard like Axl who can just cut people out and never look back.

Axl has always been far and away my favorite member.

But he can be such a dick most times, he's hard to defend.

At the end of the day, I think I support Slash here. Simply put, if this is true he would have to swallow a lot of pride to reach out like this. Frankly, something I would find Axl either incapable or unwilling to do...maybe both.

I don't even know Slash's visit meant "reunion". Just let's stop all the drama. These guys were huge parts of each other's lives. Not everyone is a cold bastard like Axl who can just cut people out and never look back.

i want a more in depth understanding about what went on that night, if slash was willing to sell out his old friends to get back with another old friend......well it's wrong.

This is the CORRECT version of the newswire straight from SANCTUARY and from Axl's attorney. Jarmo, Mysteron and a lot of other admins from reputable unofficial GNR boards received this SAME correction yet mygnr.com seems to NOT want to believe it :rolleyes: ..

You're missing the point JALP.

Reporters rely on official press releases - not "posts" they read on the internet.

If an error - or omission- was made in the Business Wire release, why didn't they contact BW and ask for the statement to be re-issued with the corrrection? They didn't do this.

I simply asked why this wasn't done if this paragraph was truly meant to be in the official press statement. And so far, both parties I've contacted have not provided an explanation.

Actually i do question the whole statement because it's a ridiculous lawsuit.

The original lawsuit that Slash and Duff started was because there was some clerical mistake and they didn't get their respective royalties

If it was just a little mistake i guess it's should be eassy to fix, right? i don't know if they did fix it

Anyway now that Axl has to make an statement about the leaks, the album and the tour. He seems to be in mood for a counterlawsuit accussing Slash of what exactly?

going to his house? badmouthing VR members?

Slash was an idiot if he went to Axl house to vent his problems with VR because that's not Axl's business. And Axl is wasting his time and energy in this silly lawsuit when he should be focused on his own band and album

Axl now started this new chapter in this neverending soap opera with former GN'R members. After both Axl and Slash have said in recent interviews that they haven't spoken to each other in 10 years and both said that they like each other. Go figure

Both of them need to get over all this and move on with their own bands

man I hope this whole thing is not true!

or it could just be one of those panic attacks, for whatever reasons.

Anything is passable!....I don't blame Slash for trying to reach out to Axl...and maybe....maybe, get the band back together!

I'm on axl's side ~of course. Of course slash would go crawling back, he realizes how they've wronged axl, they're the ones who started the bullshit and they should be the ones asking for forgiveness. But nonetheless the fans too for sticking around through all the bullshit.

At the end of the day, I think I support Slash here. Simply put, if this is true he would have to swallow a lot of pride to reach out like this.

So you support a traitor who stabbed Duff, Scott and Matt behind the back in the most disgusting way?

IF this is true....I still believe Slash isn't this dumb to go to Axl's house and say these things.

I mean he isn't Einstein, but this dumb? No.

The bottom line is that what is the upside of Axl staying pissed off at the guy?

No, they likely will never work together again. Do they have to hate each other??

At the end of the day, I think I support Slash here. Simply put, if this is true he would have to swallow a lot of pride to reach out like this.

So you support a traitor who stabbed Duff, Scott and Matt behind the back in the most disgusting way?

IF this is true....I still believe Slash isn't this dumb to go to Axl's house and say these things.

Are you still in high school?

Anyone with a brain has to side with Axl on this one. Had Slash dropped the lawsuit after this visit, Axl would be in the wrong for revealing this conversation. The fact is he didnt. Which is a pretty big slap in the face to Axl. Axl is simply defending himself. Duff, Matt, and Slash have said some way shitty things about Axl throughout the past 10 years. Its nice to see that Axls finnally throwing the shit back at them. Itll be interesting how Slash and Duff respond to this one.

This is the CORRECT version of the newswire straight from SANCTUARY and from Axl's attorney. Jarmo, Mysteron and a lot of other admins from reputable unofficial GNR boards received this SAME correction yet mygnr.com seems to NOT want to believe it :rolleyes: ..

You're missing the point JALP.

Reporters rely on press releases - not "posts" they read on the internet.

If an error - or omission- was made in the Business Wire release, why didn't they contact BW and ask for the statement to be re-issued with the corrrection? They didn't do this.

I simply asked why this wasn't done if this paragraph was truly meant to be in the official press statement. And so far, both parties I've contacted have not provided an explanation.

Well, maybe it'll be corrected tomorrow. But the fact still remains that Mysteron and Jarmo and other admins received the correction straight from Sanctuary and Axl's attorney is aware of the info being left out of BW.

And people need to realize the CORRECTED version is the true one so the part about Slash showing up at Axl's is TRUE.

Edited by Just_a_little_patience

If you think about it..it's wierd how Axl said this happened in October and in late December, Slash said that he's supportive of CD and that it's coming in March...

Maybe Axl told Slash himself? :P

The bottom line is that what is the upside of Axl staying pissed off at the guy?

No, they likely will never work together again. Do they have to hate each other??

Are you still in high school?

What the fuk you on about bitch?

You read the stuff slash said (well, the report says he said), he stabbed Duff, Scott and Matt in the back like a traitor scum.

Unless you like your friends to talk like that about you behind your back :xmasschef2:

Edited by lllll