Most overrated musician?

adnan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash

I was waiting for you to say that from the moment I opened this thread :lol:

I will disagree though. He is one hell of a talented musician and needs credit.

I will go and say that I think Kurt Cobain is way over rated. I am a huge Nirvana fan and all,but other than his poetic lyrics,he wasn't much of a musician in my eyes.

And me saying that has nothing to do with the problem between him and Axl,or that they became more popular than Guns. Compare ANY of the guitarists that have been Guns to kurt and that's where I base my opinion.

Edit: Another one I thought of is U2. I honestly don't even see how that shit can be considered Rock. Give me some coffee to keep me awake.

Not all rock bands wear make up, jump about needlessly and bore you to death with endless guitar solos

I guess your right. They bore one to death by standing in one spot,singing songs that sound the same.

Rock shows need energy.

So according to you all that makes a great band is jumping about and shouting on stage? hummm.....

IT helps.

A lot.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
^^ Totally agree.

Take a band like Sex Pistols for example. They really sucked as musicians, but they had more energy on stage that most bands could ever dream of.

The rare case of failed "^".

^^ Totally agree.

Take a band like Sex Pistols for example. They really sucked as musicians, but they had more energy on stage that most bands could ever dream of.

Goddamn!!

Slash

I was waiting for you to say that from the moment I opened this thread :lol:

I will disagree though. He is one hell of a talented musician and needs credit.

I will go and say that I think Kurt Cobain is way over rated. I am a huge Nirvana fan and all,but other than his poetic lyrics,he wasn't much of a musician in my eyes.

And me saying that has nothing to do with the problem between him and Axl,or that they became more popular than Guns. Compare ANY of the guitarists that have been Guns to kurt and that's where I base my opinion.

Edit: Another one I thought of is U2. I honestly don't even see how that shit can be considered Rock. Give me some coffee to keep me awake.

Not all rock bands wear make up, jump about needlessly and bore you to death with endless guitar solos

The rock bands who dont do that stuff are scientifically known as "boring" haha :xmasssanta:

^^ Totally agree.

Goddamn!!

You know Kenny G is overrated though, so it's alright.

^^ Totally agree.

Goddamn!!

Who is Kenny G??

^^ Totally agree.

Goddamn!!

Who is Kenny G??

This is Kenny G.

kennyg8zw.jpg

He is a fake-ass less than Jazz, less than music saxophonist who sells millions of records to our grandmothers.

when ever i think of kenny g i think of Waynes World, and garth at the dentist getting his teeth drilled.

Ha.

My middle school band teacher loathed him, was a sax player himself.

Same reason I don't particularly like John Popper.

Guest zipgunboogie

when ever i think of kenny g i think of Waynes World, and garth at the dentist getting his teeth drilled.

You are one cool cat.

thankyou, meeowww

4. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE FUCKIN' E STREET BAND- I know this is sacrilege since I'm from West Caldwell (right in the middle of his monster New Jersey fan base), but I hate that boring-ass E Street Band and Bruce's moaning... err... singing... especially Born to Run... when he goes completely solo it's ok.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????

we've disagreed in the past on some things, respectfully, but THIS??

Nahh mate, i'm going to have to state a fact now, not an opinion, Bruce Springsteen is one of the finest musicians/human beings on the planet.

and could teach everyone on this forum a thing or two.

4. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE FUCKIN' E STREET BAND- I know this is sacrilege since I'm from West Caldwell (right in the middle of his monster New Jersey fan base), but I hate that boring-ass E Street Band and Bruce's moaning... err... singing... especially Born to Run... when he goes completely solo it's ok.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????

we've disagreed in the past on some things, respectfully, but THIS??

Nahh mate, i'm going to have to state a fact now, not an opinion, Bruce Springsteen is one of the finest musicians/human beings on the planet.

and could teach everyone on this forum a thing or two.

I don't know how he is as a person, but I can't stand his music with the E Street Band. I think it is really boring and annoying. He seems to be moaning. That's not cool. When he is completely by himself he's fine though... for instance I actually enjoy his recent Devils and Dust album. But the E Street Band.... yuck.

• 1 month later...

easy on the kurt dissing here, he had more passion n energy in his pinkie than most. u shouldnt hafta be segovia to be rated. passion, to my mind, is paramount. n mands...not paulie, pleeeeeease not paulie *cries*

"somewhere in the black mining hills of dakota there lives a young boy named rocky raccooooon" :)

easy on the kurt dissing here, he had more passion n energy in his pinkie than most. u shouldnt hafta be segovia to be rated. passion, to my mind, is paramount. n mands...not paulie, pleeeeeease not paulie *cries*

"somewhere in the black mining hills of dakota there lives a young boy named rocky raccooooon" :)

Sorry but imo, Paul McCartney is the most overated Beatle

^^ Totally agree.

Goddamn!!

:laugh:

marina that was a funny post

I think everyone who says Kurt Cobain is overrated has got some kind of grudge against him, he's written some of the most recognizable songs in the world, and some of the best songs. And because he doesn't do twenty minute, one million notes per second guitar solos doesn't mean he's bad. And his singing isn't bad either.