FAO Madison - questions for Merk?

mejay1975

Hi Madison,

No offence, but the frustration is getting to me now.

I know you are able to contact Merk, but how?

I'm not asking for his email address, but seriously, we need to make sure that the right questions are asked.

Bearing in mind he is the GNR manager, he surely knows what is going, so he needs to pressed in the right areas.

Is there some way we can get question to him.

This may sound churlish, but wher was asked the following question:

When is Chinese Democracy Going to be released?

Simple and to the point.

I've not posted here many times, but I sure know how people are feelign right now.

Oh goodness... :rolleyes:

Ok here's the beef. Do you think if madison emails Merck and says 'When is Chinese Democracy coming out?' he will reply... 'Funny you should ask that maddy you naughty girl - March 28th!'. Madison keeps in touch with Merck to try and confirm rumours whether they are true or false. This is a privelage that we can clarify rumours. It would be unwise for her to abuse this by swamping him with questions...

EDIT: Half the fuckin' post ;)

Edited by W. Axl Kev

Hi Madison,

No offence, but the frustration is getting to me now.

I know you are able to contact Merk, but how?

I'm not asking for his email address, but seriously, we need to make sure that the right questions are asked.

Bearing in mind he is the GNR manager, he surely knows what is going, so he needs to pressed in the right areas.

Is there some way we can get question to him.

This may sound churlish, but wher was asked the following question:

When is Chinese Democracy Going to be released?

Simple and to the point.

I've not posted here many times, but I sure know how people are feelign right now.

wow, hey man, ummmmm, welcome to the forum.....not a good entrance though. id recomend trying again

Seriously, though I appreciate the fact that there would be a set release date if we knew, but I am a journalist and I know simple questions like this can sometimes go unasked.

I'm not having a go at you Maddy, I just want to know that Merk is being aske the right questions

Bearing in ming I work with PR types every day, this lack of communication is not at all the way other firms work.

3 posts and the frustration is getting to him.

But anyway, if I were Madison, I would send him 365 emails at first. One stating a rumour for the release, with the subsequent emails giving the next day, for a whole year.

If his past record is anything to go by she would receive 364 replies of "False" and we would all be back in the loop.

3 posts and the frustration is getting to him.

But anyway, if I were Madison, I would send him 365 emails at first. One stating a rumour for the release, with the subsequent emails giving the next day, for a whole year.

If his past record is anything to go by she would receive 364 replies of "False" and we would all be back in the loop.

If I was Merck.. I think I would be really happy if someone emailed me 365 times asking me something that I wasn't allowed to comment on. Especially after I was nice enough to answer so many questions in the past.

Mejay - I can assure you I know how to ask all of the questions that need to be asked and in a way that I'll get an answer. Trust me on this one.

Sometimes he answers directly, and sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes it requires several followup questions on my part to get the answer, and I can usually tell when I've reached the "limit" of what he'll tell me on a given subject.

He's been very cool about responding to questions, and he's always been honest with me. If there's a rumor that's true that he's unable to confirm for me, then he just doesn't respond. But he has never lied.

If you're really a journalist as you claim, then you would know and understand that Merck - and GNR - would want to unveil the band's album release plans/tour to everybody at the same time in a mass marketing campaign. It would not be in the band's best interest to "leak" the release date to an internet forum days or weeks before the official announcement. But hey - if he chooses to leak it first, I hope he chooses our forum first.

... Bearing in ming I work with PR types every day, this lack of communication is not at all the way other firms work.

When the band has something to promote, I can assure you the PR machine will kick into full gear. Right now - there is nothing to promote. Axl has always said he doesn't want to do interviews until he has something to promote.

If you've been following this band for any length of time, you would know that rumored release dates have been tentatively set and changed many times over the years. If management came out with wild press releases announcing these tentative dates everytime, it would be a disaster.

Patience my friend.