Ozzfest has a surprise band!

Darth Vader

I say unlikely GNR and Iron Maiden are both managed by merck. And after what happened to Iron Maiden Last year, I doubt that Merck would allow GNR to play.

That's not quite right. Merck is in charge of Roadrunner records which is responsible for distribution of Iron Maiden records in the US. But he is not Iron Maiden's manager. Iron Maiden has been managed by Rod Smallwood since day 1 back in 1979.

Honestly, (bash me as needed) I went to Ozzfest '05 for Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. The rest was shitty beyond words. Now, take Black Sabbath out, and replace Maiden with GN'R...and it still wouldn't be worth the price of even general admission. I would not sit through 6 hours of total shit for 45 mins of Guns. Sorry to say it though...

i saw this soo and it makes sense but i just posted something about this in another topic not knowing about this but ya.. that they showed a clue during that news break what the band was on stage and it looked like the new gnr setup thing black with blue lights but A7X and metallica do the same soo i duno but they said may and A7X would still be on tour and metallica is over seas and such but if u think about it may might be the same time C.D. would come out and a tour would be a good idea.. but u nv kno and knowing axl he may not want that but maybe axl changed i doubt it but u nv kno!...

its either gnr, tool, metallica, ac/dc, or down

and i kinda don't think down would headline

and it seems to me that the only two bands that would be keeping it a secret would be gnr and down because they haven't announced the album plans

SoaD, Disturbed, Hatebreed, Lacuna Coil, and...Guns N' Roses?

It could happen I guess, but it sure would surprise me.

Yea, it could. A couple years ago Def Leppard played some festival with a bunch of "teen" bands...i can't remember who but it was the poor excuse of "punk rock" we have these days.

• 3 weeks later...

The final Headlining band at Ozzfest will be announced on May 23rd...........Why not announce it now?...............How about this. GNR will be the headlining act and the same day the CD will be released, since it is a Tues. This would make sense if you wanted to put together a huge promotion for a new album and North American summer tour. Here's to hoping.