Will the demos be re-recorded or just re-mastered?

Guns N' Fucking Roses

catcher is the one that needs the most work. better, irs, and twat all feel great and feel done.i can understand how some people dont like twat because its complex. its the same as people who dont like breakdown, locomotive, ect. irs feels done, it could be worked with a little as far as seperation between channels, but it feels complete. better, if you put that on the final cd, id be happy. it sounds totally done and ready to ship. some people wont like the song because there is a lot of experimetation on it, ut i love it and am looking forward to hearing a live version(yeah, im one of those people who are addicted to the live era, i love hearing music live rather than studio, it seem so much more magical.)

Guest RonMexico82

Only a fool would think any of these tracks will be just touched up and released, they are DEMO's a recording to see how the track sounds and what parts needs work etc etc. Listen to any demo's from any band and 99% of the time they sound nothing like the released version especially in terms of sound quality. Better obviously has the best sound quality but it is unfinished especially towards the end and almost certainly is not the finished product. I.R.S. sounds more like a complete track but that too will be recorded again. Same goes for TWAT needs finishing and quality recording. Catcher In The Rye is old and needs more work although Brian Mays guitar work is certainly complete. And you can be damn sure that all of Bucketheads stuff has been erased and redone. Not only that but if Buckethead came up with those solo's then I think we can expect them to be replaced with completely DIFFERENT solos. Re-recording Buckets solo's with a different guitar player would still require Bucket to be credited with creating the music in the first place so I think that if the solo's on any of the demos are Bucket then expect the released product to sound totally different. Just my opinion.

Only a fool would think any of these tracks will be just touched up and released, they are DEMO's a recording to see how the track sounds and what parts needs work etc etc. Listen to any demo's from any band and 99% of the time they sound nothing like the released version especially in terms of sound quality. Better obviously has the best sound quality but it is unfinished especially towards the end and almost certainly is not the finished product. I.R.S. sounds more like a complete track but that too will be recorded again. Same goes for TWAT needs finishing and quality recording. Catcher In The Rye is old and needs more work although Brian Mays guitar work is certainly complete. And you can be damn sure that all of Bucketheads stuff has been erased and redone. Not only that but if Buckethead came up with those solo's then I think we can expect them to be replaced with completely DIFFERENT solos. Re-recording Buckets solo's with a different guitar player would still require Bucket to be credited with creating the music in the first place so I think that if the solo's on any of the demos are Bucket then expect the released product to sound totally different. Just my opinion.

I agree with you 100%. If anything the songs will be a bit overproduced. These demos don't have enough layers to be studio quality.

Guest RonMexico82

Yeah just so long as they can do them justice live then I don't mind if the studio version is a tad overproduced. There is nothing worse than an elaborate production that falls on its arse live. Not that I think that Guns N Roses(well the old band anyway) are guilty of this. Hopefully the new line up will produce the goods live.

I agree with you 100%. If anything the songs will be a bit overproduced. These demos don't have enough layers to be studio quality.

Third that! But I think these tracks we´ve heard have already been re-recorded for it´s final release.

Third that! But I think these tracks we´ve heard have already been re-recorded for it´s final release.

No way. You will see.

No way. You will see.

We´ll see ;)

no way will irs have a drum machine on the last cut they all will be rerecorded

The overlay of the looped drum track with live acoustic drumming over the top intermixed is intentional in my opinion. Its not solely a drum machine.

Edited by MetaSouL

here are a couple of old brian may interviews regarding his work with GnR. this one is from march 10th 2000: http://www.gnr.org.uk/news/news3.htm

and here's one from BBC Radio from May 10th 2000: http://www.gnr.org.uk/news/news06.htm

apparently Axl wanted Brian to play on Catcher in the rye to replace Finck's parts because Finck had left the band at the time. I wonder who will be playing on the final version? From the 5-10-00 interview:

'Axl was feeling that he was in a difficult place because the guitarist he'd been working with on this new album had, sort of, replaced Slash, because they fell out, sadly. I think that is sad actually because they're both brilliant talents and great with each other. But the guitarist that'd done most of the tracks had departed and Axl had a real emotional attachment to what he'd done, and yet he didn't want him on the album, I hope I'm not saying too much here, he didn't really want him to stay on the album because he'd disappeared, you know. So, he's sort of feeling a kind of divided loyalty and he said, 'Brian can you come and do stuff which I will like and I won't feel too bad about ditching this other stuff"

hmmmm, that makes me think that most if not all of buckethead's parts will be gone.

Edited by tat2d1

You people who are saying CITR needs work and that Axl vocals are not very strong on that track are nuts. It's damn near perfect as is, and I hope they barely touch it. All they need to do on that song is the mixing. Axl's voice is more like his 2001/02 voice...which isn't always a good thing, but it works in songs like this one (The Blues is another example of his voice fitting). Better on the other hand, his voice sounds a bit more like it did in the early 90's, but with much less rasp. Obviously this is just my opinion, but it's (CITR) the best song we've heard from the new band thus far.

Better/TWAT/IRS/CITR...these are all damn near finished IMO. Yes, work still needs to be done, but that's stuff like the mixing and using drums instead of a drum machine. Minor stuff. The people who say demos sound much different than the final product...umm, yeah they do, but probably not in this case. The UYI and AFD demos for instance were pretty bare bones. The Garden was just acoustic guitar. NR was just acoustic guitar only and piano only. WTTJ was also really stripped down. Some poster already talked about this maybe a week ago...technology in this day and age allows bands to produce elaborate demos that will sound like the finished product. I think that can clearly be seen in these songs...they sound remarkably complete as they are, aside from the minor things I mentioned above that still need to be done.

I dig all the songs (TWAT has grown on me), but the middle part of Better, with those chunky Nickleback sounding guitars, needs to be changed. As does the chorus. Use more of a classic rock style of heavy guitar...like the old band used in the middle of Rocket Queen. The rest of the song is perfect. I can't believe I even like the use of industrial elements in these songs...but they are done really, really well. Seamlessly integrated for the most part.

Edited by KBear

You people who are saying CITR needs work and that Axl vocals are not very strong on that track are nuts. It's damn near perfect as is, and I hope they barely touch it. All they need to do on that song is the mixing. Axl's voice is more like his 2001/02 voice...which isn't always a good thing, but it works in songs like this one (The Blues is another example of his voice fitting). Better on the other hand, his voice sounds a bit more like it did in the early 90's, but with much less rasp. Obviously this is just my opinion, but it's (CITR) the best song we've heard from the new band thus far.

Better/TWAT/IRS/CITR...these are all damn near finished IMO. Yes, work still needs to be done, but that's stuff like the mixing and using drums instead of a drum machine. Minor stuff. The people who say demos sound much different than the final product...umm, yeah they do, but probably not in this case. The UYI and AFD demos for instance were pretty bare bones. The Garden was just acoustic guitar. NR was just acoustic guitar only and piano only. WTTJ was also really stripped down. Some poster already talked about this maybe a week ago...technology in this day and age allows bands to produce elaborate demos that will sound like the finished product. I think that can clearly be seen in these songs...they sound remarkably complete as they are, aside from the minor things I mentioned above that still need to be done.

I dig all the songs (TWAT has grown on me), but the middle part of Better, with those chunky Nickleback sounding guitars, needs to be changed. As does the chorus. Use more of a classic rock style of heavy guitar...like the old band used in the middle of Rocket Queen. The rest of the song is perfect. I can't believe I even like the use of industrial elements in these songs...but they are done really, really well. Seamlessly integrated for the most part.

To spell it out. The songs can not be improved without rerecording. you can do all the eq-ing and exciting you want, but it is very hard to compensate for the pre-production not having been done right, and no-one with axls resources wuld bother trying.

Somewhere there are much better recordings of these tracks if they are destined to be on the album.

G