AC/DC

sweetness

Does anybody know about this?

Apparently, its old news (April 2004), but I thought these guys were finished. I love AC/DC almost as much as I love GNR, but its not like they are leaking tracks on the internet to give us a taste of what they still have. God Damn, its bean awhile.

AC/DC New Album

I havent been too up to date with AC/DC, so some of you may know about this, but its shocking news for me. Looks like they have done some gigs with VR too.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I'll get it if it's a double album, I'm just curious how that would work out for AC/DC. They might end up doing some things we haven't heard out of them.

It won't be their last album - close, but not quite.

As for the double album rumours, they were quashed by Brian Johnson barely 2 weeks after the original speculation had surfaced from those comments. Unfortunately, the rebuttals never seem to go quite as far as the original news... :rolleyes::laugh:

So yeah should be coming soon, but I don't think they're finished recording yet. There's been a real drought of news for the past few months. Couple rumours and stuff, but who knows.

New ac/dc album? just listen to the 15 previous albums, all sound the bloody same

Sorry everyone, but I'm afraid I'll have to agree.

I think it would be reasonable for them to put something different on this album, especially after all this time.

New ac/dc album? just listen to the 15 previous albums, all sound the bloody same

I think it would be reasonable for them to put something different on this album, especially after all this time.

I think that would defeat the purpose of what AC/DC are all about.

Yes. It is true. AC/DC have over-used their style and I'm getting sick of it. I love the Bon-era but after that it's just gone downhill, Brian Johnson is a screecher and is far less talented than Bon, and the only really good album he put out was "Back in Black".

I know the argument well High, and I definitely respect it.

But then I think about The Stones, and the sort of changes they've been through. It doesn't have to be radical. I'm thinking, for example, what if AC/DC toned it down just a bit, and made a more bluesy album, really let Angus wail on it, like an updated "Ride On" kind of sound. I think that would be a well accepted and smooth change, and at their age they should be getting closer to the blues. Now I would love to hear that album. I have always maintained that Angus is one of the best damn blues guitar players out there, but I would like to hear him really play in that vein, and I think it would be a great album.

AC/DC have over-used their style and I'm getting sick of it.

Which is why they went back for the blusier sound on Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip.

Ballbreaker was horrible, but the latter was somewhat of a return to form. SUL was their best material since the early 80's.

But then I think about The Stones, and the sort of changes they've been through. It doesn't have to be radical. I'm thinking, for example, what if AC/DC toned it down just a bit, and made a more bluesy album, really let Angus wail on it, like an updated "Ride On" kind of sound. I think that would be a well accepted and smooth change, and at their age they should be getting closer to the blues. Now I would love to hear that album. I have always maintained that Angus is one of the best damn blues guitar players out there, but I would like to hear him really play in that vein, and I think it would be a great album.

Dude, that's exactly what they did with Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip. They went for a slower, groovier, bluesier feel and pulled it off well. It was like revisiting their early days, then just making it a little grittier and groovier.

AC/DC have over-used their style and I'm getting sick of it.

Which is why they went back for the blusier sound on Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip.

Ballbreaker was horrible, but the latter was somewhat of a return to form. SUL was their best material since the early 80's.

Dude, that's exactly what they did with Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip. They went for a slower, groovier, bluesier feel and pulled it off well. It was like revisiting their early days, then just making it a little grittier and groovier.

Then I stand corrected, maybe I should check those albums out. I only have the Bon albums and Back in Black.

Then I stand corrected, maybe I should check those albums out. I only have the Bon albums and Back in Black.

Well - it'd seem they had the same idea you did.

Like I said, ignore Ballbreaker and go for Stiff Upper Lip. It's a solid album. Couple of filler tracks, but overall pretty enjoyable. It's no Powerage though. ;)

Well - it'd seem they had the same idea you did.

Like I said, ignore Ballbreaker and go for Stiff Upper Lip. It's a solid album. Couple of filler tracks, but overall pretty enjoyable. It's no Powerage though. ;)

So it didn't work out too well with Rubin?

Man, Powerage is the shit. I have just popped it in, thanks.

Stiff Upper Lip is okay. But Brian's vocals ruin it for me. His voice was decent in the early 80's but with SUL it reaches a new level of annoying. I agree that the album was bluesier and better musically than most of their other stuff (by their I mean post-Bon era), but it still sounds a lot like AC/DC to me. No large departure.