Is it a matter of time before we hear some rap....?

Cold-Heart-Breaker

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had this debate at work many a time...

rap is not music...its talking over a drum beat...is it hard to rhyme words together..?fuck no i learnt that in kindergarten...a rock concert u get guitar solos and energy flowing around the whole arena...at a rap concert what u get a snoop dogg clicking his tongue solo..?n wheres the energy..?

my mate then wanted to "battle" me...i was like wtf..?they explained it meant u have to rap at eachother n take the piss pretty much...n i fucked the guy up...it takes no talent at all...

NO TALENT...they dont even play instruments for fucks sake...its not even singing...

n im also afraid if axl does do this hell be seen as a massive sellout...

2Pac is one of the greatest musicians who ever lived, he was a great composer and songwriter. In my opinion Slipknot or KoRn are worse than most rappers out there. Except maybe 50 cent, Jay-Z and other pop-rappers out there.

So Whitesnake is more talented than Jay-Z because they sing and play instruments? You guys are nuts. No wonder Axl has reservations about releasing new music.

:lol:

Who in the hell would want to come back to this?

mullets.jpg

Even if the shitty hairdo's are gone, the mentality remains the same

Edited by Jabberwocky

I hope not, nice read dude :book

adn btw, i like that kind of rap in the middle of Roqueet Queen "It tastes good dont it?" :)

I fucking hope not.

The only rap that should ever grace a gnr song is the Rocket Queen rap...that was awesome B)

i love that haha

Axl going Vanilla ice :blink: thats hard to picture (not the clothes) hmmmm hmmm hmmm "you're crazy" aha, w.e, if he becomes a rapper we'll just have alot more people listening to gnr :lol: he may lose like a bazillion other fans but gain the same amount back if he's any good :lol:

James S. "ice ice baby"- haha i know that whole song without even listening to it :lol: its quite sad :no:

"Rap isn't music"

I smell conceit ... did you know that during Skakespeares' time people thought he was a terrible writer?

"Rap isn't music" = "Ain't isn't a word" = retarted.

People also say rock isn't music - remember that? Personally, I love rap and all kinds of music. What I don't like I don't listen to, but I won't say it isn't music - that's going too far.

2Pac wasnt a musician, most/all MCs are not musicians, they're incredible lyricists and impeccable performers (check out Rakim).

Axl should not rap. That's pretty obvious - but there are parallels between the themes and the tone of a lot of the music - he shouldn't rap, but look at the breathless delivery of the end of YCBM or Coma.

Listen to AFD, it has the urgency and swing that a lot of hip-hop records have - (remember a lot of the music press noted that Adler sounded like a disco drummer on the record) - i could imagine Mr Brownstone being interpolated into a rap track with the right producer.

You cant 'hum' rap songs? (whatever that means)

You're All I Need - Method Man & Mary J Blige

Juicy - Biggie

If I Ruled The World - Nas & Lauren Hill

Tha Crossroads - Bone Thugs

1st Of Tha Month - Bone Thugs