The Darkness

mrslash

Mama Kin

it is okay if u dont like them it is your opinion but ah listen to Love is only a feeling dude, and Blind man off there 2nd cd, they have kick ass guitar and music, if u dont like the singer fine but dont discredit the band ......they are true rock n roll, anyone who dont think so really does not know what rock n roll is. they have fun and they intertane people. something no band does anymore.

Yeah i can understand The Darkness being great entertainers and for fans that are in their early teens it would be amazing for them watching them live. I would be surprised though if i saw a large majority of older men and women rocking out to them. Once you get past being entertained you want to listen to the lyrics and how deep the songs meanings are. I just don't think The Darkness have this quality. They maybe able to entertain but once it gets past that i don't think they cut it. JMO

honestly dude i would think that older people not teens would like them better because they sound nothing like recent rock. they truly have that classic rock sound and presence. as for the lyrics yeah they are ment to make u laugh, i mean most there songs are quite crazy but if u listen to the music they are more old sounding than anybody out right now. As i said not all there lyrics are like that. and not that it matters because there music hands down is better classic rock then anyone in the past 5 years

Zipgun is right. Mama Kin, I suppose you dont listen to AC/DC either, eh? AC/DC's lyrics arent deep, lyrically thinking they're pretty shit but hey, they can entertain. And I dont think lyrics really arent the point of AC/DC, as they arent of the Darkness'.

What people need to get is that the Darkness is a parody of themselves. There's the great music, and the superb humor. And if you get past the parody, you'll notice how FUCKING TALENTED these guys are. Saw them live a few weeks ago, one of the best shows I've been to.

I think they are a joke, their lyrics are a joke and their music is a joke. I don't see how a band can be taken as serious Rockstars when they clearly are not. Of course this is just my opinion people. At least Poison saw themselves as a bit of fun but had some really good lyrics at times where as The Darkness never have imo

Are you serious? Because I think Poison had the most retarted lyrics I have ever heard and the worst guitar player to ever be born.

Mama Kin

it is okay if u dont like them it is your opinion but ah listen to Love is only a feeling dude, and Blind man off there 2nd cd, they have kick ass guitar and music, if u dont like the singer fine but dont discredit the band ......they are true rock n roll, anyone who dont think so really does not know what rock n roll is. they have fun and they intertane people. something no band does anymore.

Yeah i can understand The Darkness being great entertainers and for fans that are in their early teens it would be amazing for them watching them live. I would be surprised though if i saw a large majority of older men and women rocking out to them. Once you get past being entertained you want to listen to the lyrics and how deep the songs meanings are. I just don't think The Darkness have this quality. They maybe able to entertain but once it gets past that i don't think they cut it. JMO

honestly dude i would think that older people not teens would like them better because they sound nothing like recent rock. they truly have that classic rock sound and presence. as for the lyrics yeah they are ment to make u laugh, i mean most there songs are quite crazy but if u listen to the music they are more old sounding than anybody out right now. As i said not all there lyrics are like that. and not that it matters because there music hands down is better classic rock then anyone in the past 5 years

Zipgun is right. Mama Kin, I suppose you dont listen to AC/DC either, eh? AC/DC's lyrics arent deep, lyrically thinking they're pretty shit but hey, they can entertain. And I dont think lyrics really arent the point of AC/DC, as they arent of the Darkness'.

What people need to get is that the Darkness is a parody of themselves. There's the great music, and the superb humor. And if you get past the parody, you'll notice how FUCKING TALENTED these guys are. Saw them live a few weeks ago, one of the best shows I've been to.

You're comparing them to AC/DC!? :laugh:

Guest AxlRox

I love them! First Album was better than this album, i hate when people see them as a joke, i mean they have humour, but they're still good

Guest AxlRox

I love them! First Album was better than this album, i hate when people see them as a joke, i mean they have humour, but they're still good

Now that MUST be a joke.

Deadly serious.. i like them.. get over it

Edited by AxlRox