The Darkness

mrslash

The Darkness are gonna play in Rock In Rio on May 27th (same day as Gn'R), what means that i'm going to see them... So i wanna check them out.

Well, do you like them? What songs should i check out? Only song i ever heard from them is "I believe in a thing called love"... Also, if anybody has ever seen them, are they a good live band?

Avant-Garde.

Novelty Act.

a bad parody of Queen meets AC/DC

that's how i'd describe them

i liked their first album...the first side at least

but their second album was a bit...over the top...

shoulda kept it at 10 songs and cut out some of the shitty 80s sendups

i do like hazel eyes though...and the one Ab on the one way ticket

What songs should i check out?

Check these out for starters:

Friday Night

Love is Only a Feeling

Black Shack

*Get Your Hands Off My Woman* (my favorite)

Bald

Is It Just Me

Hazel Eyes

One Way Ticket

Knockers

And yea, I love the Darkness! They fucking kick ass B)

Love them or hate them, you can't deny they are motherfucking talented guitarists and put on a damn good show.

Watch them, you'll have a blast. The difference between them and any other 80's piss-take band is that The Darkness actually have the showmanship and guitar chops to be worthy of a hair metal act.

Got it in 1, very good description

What songs should i check out?

Check these out for starters:

Friday Night

Love is Only a Feeling

Black Shack

*Get Your Hands Off My Woman* (my favorite)

Bald

Is It Just Me

Hazel Eyes

One Way Ticket

Knockers

LOVE ON THE ROCKS

Im seeing them in 2 weeks in Melbourne, their gonna go off

I think they are a joke, their lyrics are a joke and their music is a joke. I don't see how a band can be taken as serious Rockstars when they clearly are not. Of course this is just my opinion people. At least Poison saw themselves as a bit of fun but had some really good lyrics at times where as The Darkness never have imo

Guest zipgunboogie

Mama Kin

it is okay if u dont like them it is your opinion but ah listen to Love is only a feeling dude, and Blind man off there 2nd cd, they have kick ass guitar and music, if u dont like the singer fine but dont discredit the band ......they are true rock n roll, anyone who dont think so really does not know what rock n roll is. they have fun and they intertane people. something no band does anymore.

Mama Kin

it is okay if u dont like them it is your opinion but ah listen to Love is only a feeling dude, and Blind man off there 2nd cd, they have kick ass guitar and music, if u dont like the singer fine but dont discredit the band ......they are true rock n roll, anyone who dont think so really does not know what rock n roll is. they have fun and they intertane people. something no band does anymore.

Yeah i can understand The Darkness being great entertainers and for fans that are in their early teens it would be amazing for them watching them live. I would be surprised though if i saw a large majority of older men and women rocking out to them. Once you get past being entertained you want to listen to the lyrics and how deep the songs meanings are. I just don't think The Darkness have this quality. They maybe able to entertain but once it gets past that i don't think they cut it. JMO

Guest zipgunboogie

Mama Kin

Yeah i can understand The Darkness being great entertainers and for fans that are in their early teens it would be amazing for them watching them live. I would be surprised though if i saw a large majority of older men and women rocking out to them. Once you get past being entertained you want to listen to the lyrics and how deep the songs meanings are. I just don't think The Darkness have this quality. They maybe able to entertain but once it gets past that i don't think they cut it. JMO

honestly dude i would think that older people not teens would like them better because they sound nothing like recent rock. they truly have that classic rock sound and presence. as for the lyrics yeah they are ment to make u laugh, i mean most there songs are quite crazy but if u listen to the music they are more old sounding than anybody out right now. As i said not all there lyrics are like that. and not that it matters because there music hands down is better classic rock then anyone in the past 5 years