WORLD CUP... TALK ABOUT FREE PUBLICITY THE WORLD OVER!!!

JAMJM

I think that they should fully take advantage of the World Cup to promote a Single and their forthcoming album in front of an audience of billions around the world watching the football matches on TV.

What do you think???

If Axl would perform on an opening cermony that would be great poublicity. But he's never worked that way, now has he? Furthermore I don't think they would want Axl to sing there either. Can't risk a no-show ya know. ;)

Okay... you Europeans have every right to claim your "football" because yes, we decided to call it soccer but know that the rest of the world calls it football. Go easy on Baseball though. They call it the world series because we were the only country with an organized professional league when the first World Series took place years ago. Since then, it has become popular in other parts of the world especially, the Carribbean, Japan, and Central/ South America. Major League Baseball has tried to reach out to some of these regions to test the local response to MLB by playing exhibition and even regular season games there. Baseball is becoming less popular in many regions of the United States and there are fewer and fewer Americans in MLB every year. Eventually, if MLB is going to survive, it will have to do more to reach out to the rest of the world and figure out away to expand.

Now, back on topic. I'm not so sure that GNR should participate in opening a large sporting event such as the World Cup. IMO, that is borderline selling out- kind of like something Aerosmith, U2 or The Rolling Stones would do. Axl has built this mythical thing during the time he has been out of the spotlight. I think the last thing he should do is overexpose himself by showing up at the World Cup, Superbowl, Jay Leno, or whatever.

Hope everyone is having a good day- everyone in Europe, drink a beer for me in a couple hours. I still have about 8 hours to go before I can get in my car, crank up "Better" and go to the bar and get wasted!!! It's been a long week.

*Cleaned thread*

What a surprise this would turn into a football vs football "discussion".... :rolleyes:

I think that they should fully take advantage of the World Cup to promote a Single and their forthcoming album in front of an audience of billions around the world watching the football matches on TV.

What do you think???

It's a really stupid idea. Besides, Axl will be in Ireland the 9th on June during the opening ceremony.

Please discuss football in this thread:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=53482

*CLOSED*