Top 10 guitar solos (Total Guitar Magazine)

jacquiat

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone noticed the lack of solos(a really good one like in estranged or scom) in the new leaks?

jus wonderin how these songs wudve sounded with slash playin the lead.

better's solos....

twat.....

(and irs has some pretty decent ones)

well can u compare them to sutff like scom ,estranged nr and pc?

anyone noticed the lack of solos(a really good one like in estranged or scom) in the new leaks?

better's solos....

twat.....

there's no build-up to the solo in the new songs. They just kinda happen out of nowhere...

better's solos....

twat.....

there's no build-up to the solo in the new songs. They just kinda happen out of nowhere...

That`s because Slash had the invaluable skill of making a solo an enhancement of the song, not just some glorified guitar wizardry. Slash`s solos always, repeat always suit the song and never seem forced or self-indulgent. Not a lot of people have that skill, it comes with his bluesy style, the bending in the guitar riffs evokes emotion, sometimes sounds like the guitar is singings it`s own chorus. In the new leaked songs they`ve tried to duplicate Slash`s style (Which is why IMO Buckethead left), the Slash style guitar riffs in TWAT and the brilliant outro, are awesome, but, bordering on plagiarism they`re so Slashesque. But, i love the new songs, I think TWAT, BETTER & IRS are kick-ass, as were the songs they played live in 2002. The new GNR just can`t make the guitar solos fit like a glove with the songs, like the old GNR could.

better's solos....

twat.....

That`s because Slash had the invaluable skill of making a solo an enhancement of the song, not just some glorified guitar wizardry. Slash`s solos always, repeat always suit the song and never seem forced or self-indulgent. Not a lot of people have that skill, it comes with his bluesy style, the bending in the guitar riffs evokes emotion, sometimes sounds like the guitar is singings it`s own chorus. In the new leaked songs they`ve tried to duplicate Slash`s style (Which is why IMO Buckethead left), the Slash style guitar riffs in TWAT and the brilliant outro, are awesome, but, bordering on plagiarism they`re so Slashesque. But, i love the new songs, I think TWAT, BETTER & IRS are kick-ass, as were the songs they played live in 2002. The new GNR just can`t make the guitar solos fit like a glove with the songs, like the old GNR could.

exactly wat i was thinking

u can feel the solos when slash plays them

they jus seem to lack that emotion in the new solos

Hey Gunners,

In Monday's edition of the Metro Newspaper, the song 'Paradise City' by Guns N' Roses came in at #3 in the top Guitar Solos.

The list was as follows:

The Top Ten

1. Led Zeppelin, Stairway To Heaven

2. Van Halen, Eruption

3. Guns N' Roses, Paradise City

4. The Eagles, Hotel California

5. Metallica, Enter Sandman

6. Cream, Crossroads

7. Jimi Hendrix, Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

8. Ozzy Osbourne, Crazy Train

9. Free, All Right Now

10. Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody

Link - http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?i...88&in_page_id=7

TS.

*edit - This was also posted in the Telegraph. Apologies.

Edited by The Sandman