song writing

Guest zipgunboogie

u talkin about lyrics or music? if lyrics...i always start off with music first get a good riff and the lyrics come easier...but just really try to figure out what your feeling at the time that will make it easier

You wanna focus on chords rather than riffs.

Then, if you feel that a certain part of the song needs a nasty riff on top, you can experiment and eventually find the one you go with.

Mind you; the different between Axl's songs and those of other members of GNR, is that Axl writes based on chords, while for instance Izzy wrote totally based on riffs.

That's very common, guitarists writes riff-songs, while singers and others who are not experts on an instrument, write based on chords.

how do you guys start a song off. all i can think of is things like paradise city and welcome to the jungle. i just cannot come up with an opening to a good rock song. so any ideas on how i could make one

My brother used to use this site when he started writting: http://www.robinfrederick.com/write.html

Check that out but I cant say it is good or not but it helped some people with some lyrics....

the only thing you have to do man is to just sit down and let your self get motivated. like if you keep thinking about a girl, and you think enough, you can pretty easy right a love song about her or for her. if if you got into a car accident, you can sit down and just kinda mediate about that till some i deas and good lines come around. all my songs are like awesome cause they're motivated. you can't force it out man. you gotta lust let it flow.

like i've got a sweet acustic part in a song, and i got it overdriven in the chorus, but the same is too repetitive. so we got full keyboards and a diff harmony powerchords on guitar. and a bass part off lead (me) and then you have a sweet singing melody line. not to mention a guitar solo improved on top of the last chorus wrapping sweetly around the singing