Trevor Lukather a candidate for new gnr guitarist?

slääsh

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, and Slash and Buckethead and Fink all look so normal. Y'all are fucking idiots. What matters is how well they play.

I totally agree, but if this guy plays anything like his father it will be cheesy as fuck. By th way, let's kill the Derek Trucks rumour. He is in the Allman Bros, has his own band and is touring with Clapton this summer. Just 'cause Axl likes his playing doesn't mean he would like to be in G N'R. He would never consider joining the band. And Michael Angelo is just a masturbatory shred hack-I don't even know where that got started. Pure speed is not the best or only criteria for a guitarist. Maybe for a typist.

Hmm, I've got nothing against this Lukather kid (his dad is a good guitarist in his own right, I always liked the solo in "Rosanna"), but it would be kind of sad to bring him in and only have him playing songs composed by other musicians. Just another hired "Gun", I suppose.

Hmm, I've got nothing against this Lukather kid (his dad is a good guitarist in his own right, I always liked the solo in "Rosanna"), but it would be kind of sad to bring him in and only have him playing songs composed by other musicians. Just another hired "Gun", I suppose.

We probably shouldn't prejudge the kid, you're correct. But as far as being just another hired Gun, we don't know which hired Guns wrote or recorded any of the new material. I have a strong suspicion that a lot of performances by former members will make it on the album and that to a certain extent most of the new band are just hired Guns,

Ya, and Slash and Buckethead and Fink all look so normal. Y'all are fucking idiots. What matters is how well they play.

I tend to agree, but at the same time GN'R has a certain image. I don't know how much that's been affected by guys like Finck and Bucket, but whatever. The old band certainly had a cool, laid back image (well, the guys besides Axl at least, and maybe Slash a bit). Axl added a cup of volatility to the recipe. I think the old band was all pretty normal looking...and certainly compared to BH and Finck when he's all gothed up.

This guy looks all goofy, which I don't think really fits with the image the band wants to portray, especially if that's his thing, since he's gonna be front and center as the lead guitarist. Not that image should be, or even is, a major concern. But don't tell me it isn't a minor consideration at least. These guys are gonna be all over the press, on stage, in videos, etc. You want to have guys who command attention...both Axl and Slash did that for the old band. In their look and in their musical performances.

Is he the right man for the music is the top concern, but if you can get that and "the look", then so much the better.

Edited by KBear

whether you want to believe it or not... the music isn't everything.

Chinese Democracy could never reach the same success as AFD because of many reasons, one being that the Guns N' Roses today does not have that popular appealing image that they had in the 80s.

Having a group of collective good-looking guys in a rock group is very important especially if each of these individuals are highly talented.

For that reason by itself, the G'n'R of today will never reach the heights it did back in the 80s and early 90s. And for that reason, Guns N' Roses (with the release of the new album) will NOT have this mythical effect on the music industry that many may think they will.

Image was half the reason for G'n'Rs success and its the half thats missing now.

I hope the new album will sell well, and I'm sure it will, but to say that adding this guy will not damage the G'n'R image is ludicrous. The only way for Guns N' Roses to each approach its former success is a reunion with Slash, Duff & Izzy. Not saying Axl won't receive great reviews for Chinese Democracy... just that regardless of how "good" it is... it won't be as big as AFD or UYI.

Edited by Madagascar88

Chinese Democracy could never reach the same success as AFD because of many reasons, one being that the Guns N' Roses today does not have that popular appealing image that they had in the 80s.

Having a group of collective good-looking guys in a rock group is very important especially if each of these individuals are highly talented.

For that reason by itself, the G'n'R of today will never reach the heights it did back in the 80s and early 90s. And for that reason, Guns N' Roses (with the release of the new album) will NOT have this mythical effect on the music industry that many may think they will.

Image was half the reason for G'n'Rs success and its the half thats missing now.

I hope the new album will sell well, and I'm sure it will, but to say that adding this guy will not damage the G'n'R image is ludicrous. The only way for Guns N' Roses to each approach its former success is a reunion with Slash, Duff & Izzy. Not saying Axl won't receive great reviews for Chinese Democracy... just that regardless of how "good" it is... it won't be as big as AFD or UYI.

image does count..............i know, but you have finck and buckethead in the band? you can't hurt the gnr image more then that!.....this guy would be a small step forward.

image does count..............i know, but you have finck and buckethead in the band? you can't hurt the gnr image more then that!.....this guy would be a small step forward.

this guy looks like the pillsbury dough boy with a blond wig

this guy looks like the pillsbury dough boy with a blond wig

have you seen finck or buckethead? i mean really?.

Guest Matt13
well its better than recruiting another goth into the band

No no. You mean it's better than recruiting another guy that wears a 'hockey' mask, a KFC bucket on his head and a raincoat who communicates through puppets and believes he was raised by chickens.

Yea, that's gotta be what you meant.

Adler is retard!

No, no. You mean:

"Adler is retardED!"

Retard.

Edited by Matt13

Image is as important as musical skill. Sometimes even more so. Fact.

No No No, you are so wrong, Guns N Roses today is nothing to do with image it is all about the music, if it was just image or if image played a part then why is Axl taking so long to put out a record.

The simple fact is music and in this current phase of Guns N Roses image will always take a backseat to the music and long may it continue