Internet Explorer is trying to make me leave the forum

nameless_girl

Yep, a dramatic title – well, I had to get you to click the thread open somehow... :unsure:

Here's the problem: I can't seem to go on the internet, since there's apparently something wrong with my Internet Explorer. Every time I try to use it, the window pops open, but nothing happens – it's just all white and doing anything on the computer becomes an incredibly slow process – so slow that you think the computer has frozen over. But after a little over approximately five minutes, I get this message just before the Internet Explorer window closes by itself:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Ha, in an »unusual way« - no, you don't say? How very helpful :rolleyes: The thing is that there's nothing wrong with my connection, as I'm still able to use Trillian to talk to people over MSN, I just can't actually go on the internet.

So, if anyone knows exactly what's wrong and how to fix it, please try to help me out a bit (of course, I'm trying to find other sources of help too, but I thought I'd post this here as well, since you never know how long that "support team" will take :rolleyes: ) or I won't be able to do anything on the internet for a longer period of time (well, I'm sure certain people wouldn't mind me not posting, but I'm in quite a mess here; I really need the internet for school stuff). Right now I'm on another computer, so if anyone has any ideas how to help me, there are two options – someone either posts it here and I have to wait quite some time to be able to see it, since I'll have to use someone else's computer again, or someone tells me over MSN (but I don't know whether you'll be able to add me, because I use Trillian Basic 3.0 and I usually have to go on the internet to see my pending requests :unsure: - Anyhow, I'll get online soon and stay that way for a while, in case anyone's interested).

So, erm, if any of you people can help me out in any way, it would be much appreciated...

YESSS! party0048.gifparty0040.gifparty0024.gif

(Overexcited? :unsure: )

Anyway, Firefox now installed and the internet is finally working thanks to Ron aka usename and absolutely no thanks to that "support team" (ha!) I had to contact from another computer <_<

Thanks so much, hon ^_^:kiss:

Guess later I'll try to figure out what was wrong with Internet Explorer... (Anyone know? :question: )

Guess later I'll try to figure out what was wrong with Internet Explorer... (Anyone know? :question: )

$10 says it's a browser hijack by an ad/spyware program. Your best bet is to download Windows Defender from the Microsoft site and run a scan with it. ;)

OK, well - the first thing I did when this happened was this: I uninstalled the programme I had downloaded recently and that I thought might have been causing the problem (everything went perfectly well - it was all uninstalled and deleted without any problems), then I scanned my computer for viruses, spyware etc with "Spybot - Search & Destroy" and removed them. But the problem was still there even after I had removed all of that :question:

So should I download Microsoft's Windows Defender now or should I attempt to re-install Internet Explorer first? :unsure:

So should I download Microsoft's Windows Defender now or should I attempt to re-install Internet Explorer first? :unsure:

try the windows defender first cause that is a little bit easier and its free to download so there'll be no risk

if not you should then re-install internet explorer