Guitars

Hey just wondering what guitars if you play that is you have and equiptment go into loads of detail tell me what effects you have everything because im interested.

Also i was thinking of buying either an epiphone les paul or SG are they any good anyone got one i like the look of the black beauty and the standard or studio versions so any help would be appreciated cheers :)

Also i currently own a Ibanez GAX 30 and a Fender Stratocaster. They are both great but the ibanez is the best value guitar ever for just £150 yopu get a guitar which for me plays better than a fender stratocaster rock3

I also have a jim dunlop wah wah pedal and both zoom and boss guitar effects. And finally i have a 10 watt marshall amp which i need to get a bigger amp im going for something between the following wattage 40 - 100

and i have doncaster chorus and distortion pedals rock3

Edited by Axel1304

I got a ESP F-200 and a Squire strat. For an amp, I have a Fender FM-212 100watter, and it gives me the sound I want. The amps distortion is nice, so I use it, although I do have a Zoom multi-effects pedal. I have a AKG Perception 200 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Mic, and some cheap stage mics. I have a really old Sound board/PA system, but it gets the job done. Then for recording, I got a Zoom MRS4 4 track digital recorder and Sony Acid Music Studio 5.0. Those get the job I need done, done. But yeah, that pretty much wraps it up for what I have. My friends have some nice shit I use a lot though.

But yeah, wouldn't this topic go in the Musicians/GNR Cover band section?

My rig is like this.

Fender Telecaster Deluxe-->Vox Wah-->Orange Rockerverb 30 head-->Orange 2x12 cab customized with Celestion Greenback speakers

My rig on old band's last tour was

Gibson ES-137 Classic (I think it was a 137)-->Marshall Chorus Pedal-->Vox AC30 Custom Classic-->Vox 2x12 cab with AlNiCo Blue speakers

The funny thing is, I don't own any of this stuff :P I usually get them on loan from other people.

Crate XT120R (2x12, 120 watts)

Ibanez GAX 70 (one of the greatest deals on a guitar you can find)

Line 6 Uber Metal

Digitech Effects pedal (don't but their multi-effects pedal people)

Marshall MG15CDR (1x8, 15 watts, HAHAHA)

This summer I'm going to get a Schecter Damien 6 FR and hopefully a 4x12 cabinet, not sure which one yet though. (oh yes)

Epiphone SG w/Seymour Duncan "hotrodded" SH-2 and SH-4 pickups (the Dave Mustaine pickups before they came out with the Dave Mustaine signatures about three days after I bought these <_< ). I'm very happy with them, though, they have excellent tone and are extremely versatile.

Playing on a Peavey Transtube 258 EFX. It's a decent little amp, perfect for home use.

FWIW, I freaking love the SG. I fell in love with it as soon as I picked it up...I may never pick up a Strat again. I'm definitely a Gibson man.

I play bass mostly, but I have both guitar and bass gear. For bass I pack a 1989 Fender Jazz Bass Special and a Yamaha SG100 for a backup, that I run through 700 watts of Ampeg power. I run that through a rack compressor, aural exciter, chorus pedal, multi effects and a wah.

For guitar, I couldnt tell you, I dont play guitar enough to care.

Orville Les Paul Standard w/ Gibson USA pickups and Kluson tuners>Peavey ValveKing 212

Old gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Squire Affinity Strat

My cheap Ukrainian acoustic (which i love still)

Roland Microcube Amp (I use this when I take my gear to school and stuff)

Peavey audition(?) 40 amp

Might buy the Slash wah or Alnico II pickups.

Edited by Slash 20

Orville Les Paul Standard w/ Gibson USA pickups and Kluson tuners>Peavey ValveKing 212

Old gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Squire Affinity Strat

My cheap Ukrainian acoustic (which i love still)

Roland Microcube Amp (I use this when I take my gear to school and stuff)

Peavey audition(?) 40 amp

Might buy the Slash wah or Alnico II pickups.

Alnico II's suck ass. Get '59 PAF's instead.