D-12's Proof Shot Dead

Death Star

MTV Article

Proof, a member of the Eminem-fronted Detroit-based hip-hop sextet D12, was killed early Tuesday morning outside a Detroit nightclub in a shooting that left another man in critical condition.

According to NBC News affiliate WDIV, Proof (real name: DeShaun Holton) suffered a gunshot

wound to the head at the CCC Club on East Eight Mile Road, near Gratiot Avenue. By the time police arrived just after 5 a.m., the club — which was operating illegally, after hours — had been cleared out, but several witnesses have come forward to discuss the incident with investigators.

A spokesperson for the Detroit Police Department said only that "an altercation occurred [inside the club], and shots rang out," but would not discuss the shooting further, as the 30-year-old rapper's next of kin have not yet been notified.

Both victims (the other man's name has not been released) were transported to hospitals; Proof was rushed to St. John Holy Cross Hospital, while the second victim, who is 35 and also sustained a gunshot to the head, was taken to St. John Hospital, where he's listed as being in critical condition. Proof was pronounced dead on arrival.

Proof, Eminem's longtime friend, appeared in the film "8 Mile" as Lil' Tic; he also served as Eminem's best man when the rapper remarried his wife Kim Mathers in January (see "Eminem Remarries Ex-Wife Kim Mathers"). Eminem filed for divorce last week.

Police are searching for the suspected gunman; a description has not been made available. Detectives have asked that anyone with any information on the shooting come forward.

MTV News will have more on this developing story throughout the day.

— Chris Harris

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh:

You're a little bitch-ass cunt! FUCK YOU!

EDIT: He apologized for the insensitive comments.

Damn, that's horrible! RIP Proof!! I was just listening to D12 the other day; man, that's just crazy. *shakes head*

Edited by rocketking

Everyone has already said enough about it but WTF man? Death, murder especially, is no laughin matter. I've just lost a lot of respect for you.

RIP Proof :(

Grimo.

its deleted... a very bad choice of smiley

as i said i apologize...

and i suppose... RIP.

Edited by JDRM

Everyone has already said enough about it but WTF man? Death, murder especially, is no laughin matter. I've just lost a lot of respect for you.

RIP Proof :(

Grimo.

its deleted... a very bad choice of smiley

as i said i apologize...

and i suppose... RIP.

Ok. Glad you apologized.

Once again, RIP Proof.

Grimo.

SHOCKER! a rapper gets shot. next thing you'll tell me is that a middle-eastern suicide bomber blew himself up and gas prices are going to be raised again.

these guys perpetuate this bullshit "gangsta" culture where they live and breathe this "tough-guy" rhetoric of guns and violence. then when reality bites them in the ass, we're supposed to feel sorry for these idiots?

my mom used to say, "you play with fire, you're gonna get burned". D-12 = BURNED!