Avenged Sevenfold Appetit For Destruction

Almost Famous

Fuckin love Avenged

Edit: to the guy above me, yeah he blew out his vocal chords during a show I think. he was in the middle of a huge scream, and they just burst. blood started coming out of his mouth, it was pretty graphic. but he did some really crazy vocal training and fixed his voice, or at least his control over it, though it does have a kinda different timbre now

edit to the guy above me I'm a female first off. I think he had some kind of throat surgery done too. He does sound a bit different have to agree there. He can still scream just not as much as previous. I still love them though. They are very good with there fans to.

I agree city of evil is vocally much clearer and better quality. Matt had some damage done to his throat from the earlier albums so he doesn't do as much of the scream style he does in the earlier days.

the damage he did to his throat had no bearing on the sound of city of evil. the band just decided they didn't want constant screaming to be part of their music anymore, i'll find the quote from him at some point relating to this.

You could try checking for it on the Avenged Sevenfold questions and answers it's part of their web site> I talk to Matt and Brian alot through it . I try to check on it later today.

Fuckin love Avenged

Edit: to the guy above me, yeah he blew out his vocal chords during a show I think. he was in the middle of a huge scream, and they just burst. blood started coming out of his mouth, it was pretty graphic. but he did some really crazy vocal training and fixed his voice, or at least his control over it, though it does have a kinda different timbre now

edit to the guy above me I'm a female first off. I think he had some kind of throat surgery done too. He does sound a bit different have to agree there. He can still scream just not as much as previous. I still love them though. They are very good with there fans to.

I agree city of evil is vocally much clearer and better quality. Matt had some damage done to his throat from the earlier albums so he doesn't do as much of the scream style he does in the earlier days.

the damage he did to his throat had no bearing on the sound of city of evil. the band just decided they didn't want constant screaming to be part of their music anymore, i'll find the quote from him at some point relating to this.

You could try checking for it on the Avenged Sevenfold questions and answers it's part of their web site> I talk to Matt and Brian alot through it . I try to check on it later today.

I never said that his throat was the whole reason but it did have some to do with it. It was to much on it to do whole concerts in that style.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found the quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can't explain this enough so I will answer it one more time.

I had a minor surgery on my throat a few summers ago. We went on that summer to play and scream all the way through warped tour that year. After warped tour we settled down to write the new record and as a band decided we did not want that to be a part of our sound anymore.

So here are the quick answers:

Surgery : Yes

Have anything to do with our sound now : Absolutely Not

Shads

i found the quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can't explain this enough so I will answer it one more time.

I had a minor surgery on my throat a few summers ago. We went on that summer to play and scream all the way through warped tour that year. After warped tour we settled down to write the new record and as a band decided we did not want that to be a part of our sound anymore.

So here are the quick answers:

Surgery : Yes

Have anything to do with our sound now : Absolutely Not

Shads

Thanks for checking. That answers alot.

they have no business being in the same catergory as GN'R or Metallica or Megadeth. Or even have the right o be compared to GN'R or any of the posted bands.They are another cookie-cutter band that will fade out within the next 5 years. I'VE LISTENED TO THEIR ALBUM BUT I TOO HEARD ABOUT THE GN'R COMPARISON......NO FUCKING WAY

they have no business being in the same catergory as GN'R or Metallica or Megadeth. Or even have the right o be compared to GN'R or any of the posted bands.They are another cookie-cutter band that will fade out within the next 5 years. I'VE LISTENED TO THEIR ALBUM BUT I TOO HEARD ABOUT THE GN'R COMPARISON......NO FUCKING WAY

I wouldnt even label them as a heavy metal ! Fuck them, most headbangers i know hate them to hell!!! Their fans are mostly fucking emo and screamo fucks, who r just into what is popular at the moment. FUCK A7X and all of their fans!!!

Fucking leave this thread alone, it doesnt belong here. Take it to the fucking emo, screamo and all the other pussy shit bands that seem to be popular at the moment!

i dont think u can compare guns n roses with any band, Axl's voice is to unique to compare with any other voice and the rest of the bands music is far beyond better in alot of their songs then other bands

Agreed, however this band is really good, they mix a lot of different influences and some songs remind me to guns and roses. How can i download (free) the three first albums of avanged sevenfold (i already have city of evil)? i tried trough emule and other programs but i´d prefer to download them from yousendit ... or another direct download

I wouldnt even label them as a heavy metal ! Fuck them, most headbangers i know hate them to hell!!! Their fans are mostly fucking emo and screamo fucks, who r just into what is popular at the moment. FUCK A7X and all of their fans!!!

STFU music n00b :fuckyou:

Guest cherry_bomb

Fucking leave this thread alone, it doesnt belong here. Take it to the fucking emo, screamo and all the other pussy shit bands that seem to be popular at the moment!

youre allowed your opinion, and thats fine. but youre a fucking dick head!! small minded, judgemental ignorant fucks like you need not voice your opinion, no one's gonna listen yo you. :sleeper:

youre allowed your opinion, and thats fine. but youre a fucking dick head!! small minded, judgemental ignorant fucks like you need not voice your opinion, no one's gonna listen yo you. :sleeper:

lol.....

i like to stand in kitchens.?.?

Guest cherry_bomb

lol.....

i like to stand in kitchens.?.?

:drevil:

When I first heard A7X the first thing that came to my mind about them was a mixture of GNR and Metallica. That thought still stands today. They are heavier than GNR with a slightly darker theme with a large dose of Metallica thrown in. Some people might genuinely not like them and I can respect that but I think they are damn good. If you're hating on them just because you're scared that they are new and make you question your 'loyalties' to GNR then I truly do feel sorry for you because it must seriously suck to be so damn close minded. I saw A7X last October and I am planning to see them again the following week at the Hammerstein after the GNR shows.

When I first heard A7X the first thing that came to my mind about them was a mixture of GNR and Metallica. That thought still stands today. They are heavier than GNR with a slightly darker theme with a large dose of Metallica thrown in. Some people might genuinely not like them and I can respect that but I think they are damn good. If you're hating on them just because you're scared that they are new and make you question your 'loyalties' to GNR then I truly do feel sorry for you because it must seriously suck to be so damn close minded. I saw A7X last October and I am planning to see them again the following week at the Hammerstein after the GNR shows.

As Ali G would say - RESPECT

How about discussing them on their forum, if they have one.

You are clever ... so clever ... fuck U

It may seem clever to someone as ignorant as yourself, but it's not that complicated. Please refer to the domain name of this site. Are you really too lazy to type out the entire word "you" or is one of your hands busy masturbating to Avenged Sevenfold photos?

I agree with you 100 percent I love a7xs music also and It hasn't taken away any of my love for GnR. theres always room in my heart for other bands new or old.