Avenged Sevenfold Appetit For Destruction

Almost Famous

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is about the 4th discussion about a7x, they certainly kick up a lot of interest :krider:

if you took songs from waking the fallen and city of evil and put them onto one album, that would be fucking amazing

Agreed. They are my favourite band of all time now (after gnr) They are just amazin, and I cant understand the people who criticise them, they obviously dont give the music a chance or havent heard them but still call them shit for some obscure reason.

A7X A7X A7X

Guest RonMexico82

I have said it many times and I will say it again - "Avenged Sevenfold are like the bastard sons of Spinal Tap and Iron Maiden."

They are truly awful and have no sense of melody or rhythm. They are desperate wannabe rockstars, sad pathetic losers that take every opportunity they get to namedrop.

Appetit for Destruction indeed.

Guest cherry_bomb
I have said it many times and I will say it again - "Avenged Sevenfold are like the bastard sons of Spinal Tap and Iron Maiden."

They are truly awful and have no sense of melody or rhythm. They are desperate wannabe rockstars, sad pathetic losers that take every opportunity they get to namedrop.

Appetit for Destruction indeed.

well thats just your opinions isnt it ;)

cant wait to see them at download rock3 such a great live act

Hate to break to ya buddy, they are rock stars. they are the biggest band out, Beast and The Harlot and Bat Country have both hit Number 1on the radio and so has city of evil. Like or not their the biggest band out. I really like A7X, its about time theres something good on MTV. And if you want to see the gnr influence downbload the song "Seize the Day". What really caught me was the pace change in the solo, which is almost exactly like civil war's.

A7X are pretty good, i wasn't that impressed with the singles but the new album is a very good album. Their chorus's aint all that but nor are velvet revolvers.

Bullet for my vallentine are none to shabby either for the record.

But as for Good Charlotte id rather remove my ears.

Guest RonMexico82

Hate to break to ya buddy, they are rock stars. they are the biggest band out, Beast and The Harlot and Bat Country have both hit Number 1on the radio and so has city of evil. Like or not their the biggest band out. I really like A7X, its about time theres something good on MTV. And if you want to see the gnr influence downbload the song "Seize the Day". What really caught me was the pace change in the solo, which is almost exactly like civil war's.

Oh please - biggest band my fucking hole. Plenty of tossers have hit number 1. It doesn't mean shit being number 1 these days. There is nothing good on MTV. MTV is the problem.

Guest cherry_bomb

Oh please - biggest band my fucking hole. Plenty of tossers have hit number 1. It doesn't mean shit being number 1 these days. There is nothing good on MTV. MTV is the problem.

point is, they're big for a reason. they were no.1 for weeks on end for a reason. they're fucking great :shades:

funny how uptight and angry people get about this band :lol:

ONe word: POSERS!!! They look like all the other pussy punk and emo bands that MTV feeds to the young people and tells them that this is what punk rock is. Fuck them. i listened to that a couple of their songs and i do agree that their guitar work is better than the rest of the shit in todays music, but overall they still suck and no way they should be put in the heavy metal genre, more like pussy pop metal to me.

As for MTV, in the words of the Dead Kennedys: "MTV GET OFF THE (FUCKING) AIR"!!!!

Not really new,but I hear them on the radio all the time. BLS. I do not like one fucking "new" band that is around right now. They are all fucking shit music. Sure the drummer,and the guitar player fucking rip it up,but they should move on,and find a lead singer who can fucking sing,and write.

And if you think I really give two shit about what you think of my opinion,your dead wrong son.

Its cool that you dont like them. But you cannot discredit M. Shadows - just listen to this 20 second sample.

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=32DR41P...V228JRKCLN8ENBV

That is a sample from avenged sevenfold - i wont see you tonight part 1. This song is like a november rain, perhaps even better. It is fucking magical, and the first time i heard it; it almost bought me to tears. A band hasnt done that for a LONG time. There is no way you can say M. Shadows is a bad vocalist. No way.

Your kidding around right? Perhaps better than November Rain? :lol: Everyone likes what they like. And that's cool as shit. But when I hear his vocals,I hear nothing special,and from the songs I've listened to(yes I have tried to get into them,unlike others that hate,for the sake of hating) their is nothing special,or even good in the song writing. But I guess that's my opinion.

point is, they're big for a reason. they were no.1 for weeks on end for a reason. they're fucking great :shades:

people just dont understand that there is one good band out today. A7X is the best thing to happen to rock since, well, gnr. They honestly are pretty much the new guns n roses, there is no doubt they are the biggest band out today, at least in america.

people just dont understand that there is one good band out today. A7X is the best thing to happen to rock since, well, gnr. They honestly are pretty much the new guns n roses, there is no doubt they are the biggest band out today, at least in america.

How can they even be compared? They are not even close to anything Guns did. Fuck I rather listen to shitty demos from Hollywood Rose. Double pedal drummers,and a guitarist that shreds blazing solos isn't rock to me. It's more Metal. When I hear the band,I think of Heavy Metal. Even though I still don't think I should compare these two bands,but the sound is more of say Pantera and stuff like that. But the vocals are bogus,and the writing sucks.

Fucking shit music man.

Yep they suck.

Off-topic a bit - what do you think of the bad reviews Miami Vice is getting? (You can PM me if you want to keep this on topic. I don't want it to get deleted or moved.)

On-topic: AX7 is another one of those bands that kids wear t-shirts for. Those bands all suck.

And you never wore a GnR t-shirt back in the late 80's/early 90's? Only people who suck are ignorant/close-minded people like yourself.

Fuckin love Avenged

Edit: to the guy above me, yeah he blew out his vocal chords during a show I think. he was in the middle of a huge scream, and they just burst. blood started coming out of his mouth, it was pretty graphic. but he did some really crazy vocal training and fixed his voice, or at least his control over it, though it does have a kinda different timbre now

Edited by abw1987

I agree city of evil is vocally much clearer and better quality. Matt had some damage done to his throat from the earlier albums so he doesn't do as much of the scream style he does in the earlier days.

the damage he did to his throat had no bearing on the sound of city of evil. the band just decided they didn't want constant screaming to be part of their music anymore, i'll find the quote from him at some point relating to this.