Wolfmother

chicagocoma13

Ok I'm not gonna say this is as good as a debut as Appetite but it sure holds it's own. Where Appetite was influenced by AC/DC, Areosmith, Zeppelin, New York Dolls , Hanoi Rocks and the Rolling Stones---- Wolfmother has influences from the amazing Bands of the early 70s like Hendrix, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Pink Floyd, and even Jethro Tull (There is a very Ian Andersonish Flute solo in one of the songs. I saw theses guys live and they are the real deal. I am seeing them again May 18th. Catch them if you can

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
They put the weak songs on the EP. All the good ones are on the full lengh and not the EP except for White Unicorn which is on both

I hope so if only for their sake, but I have lost interest in their sound in general.

They're ok. Probably getting a tiny bit overrated in Australia at the moment.

Definately a lot better than someone like Jet though.

Oh you just had to say it...

:anger: Jet :anger:

Are they australian?, my mate was playing one of their tunes the other day and it caught my ear, they don't sound australian, plus i think the singer copies gaz out of supergrass.

They are indeed Australian.

Are they australian?, my mate was playing one of their tunes the other day and it caught my ear, they don't sound australian, plus i think the singer copies gaz out of supergrass.

They are indeed Australian.

Damn! :lol:

:lol:

I was once lame enough to make an entire website devoted to how much "Jet Suck". Became quite popular for a while... :D

I picked up the album today... rock3

I saw these 3 guys on Conan O'Brien the other night performing Woman and i was like "Fuck Yeah!"

Blew my freaking hair back I tell ya...very refreshing.

After their 'perFROmance', Conan came onto the stage area to greet them and he said,

"Now that's the way you do it!" I couldn't agree more.

perFROmance< a little jab at the lead singers hair (Andrew Stockdale), I liked it...lol

They definitely have a late 60's, mid 70's sound with a touch or modern rock that just fits my mood.

Stockdale and the boys have a bit of Jack White in them also. I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice this.

You fucking Australians got the rock going on...keep it coming...I love the way you roll.

Jet rocked but WolfMother is a slightly different breed or monster. Lovin IT Loud... rock3

You fucking Australians got the rock going on...keep it coming...I love the way you roll.

We have a strong rock scene, because the idea of the "pub-rock" band is pretty much embedded into Australian culture. People like rock here, and it gets plenty of airplay/exposure - so we get some cool bands breaking through.

I was once lame enough to make an entire website devoted to how much "Jet Suck". Became quite popular for a while... :D

That is god's work. rock4

I agree with whomever said that it's mediocre. I like their sound but there's nothing special except the guy has a great voice and does a good impression of Jack White (apple tree). I can literally pick out the influences part by part...Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, The Stones, and of course the mighty Led Zeppelin. Not that that's a bad thing of course cuz the nature of rock is based on stealing other's shit, but it seems like their doing a parody of sorts.

Please revive it again :(

That chatroom was awsome!!