It's So Easy: A Millenium Tribute To Guns N' Roses

Jackamo!

I got a chance to get an early listening to some demos from this upcoming album, so I decided to share my early review. Although I don't know the names of who sings what. I just got the songs. I only got to listen to a couple of them but it's still worth a discussion.

itoeasycover.jpg

'Mr. Brownstone" -- Easily my fave from this entire album. The vocals are 'average' but the music is just amazing. I'd like to hear Axl's voice over it, it's done better than the original (And that's a BIG compliment). It's more modern which stays true to the "Millenium Tribute" title. I'd like to hear this on the radio. It is radio friendly too. 4 out of 5 stars ****

"Think About You" - Oh god... This is crap.The guitar work is cheesy and the vocals are not amusing.

It is definately a filler. I hope they don't start the album off with this cause it leaves a BAD first impression and will make you want to shut off your CD player after the first 30 seconds. 1 out of five stars *

"Patience"- I liked the chanting near the end. The song is average and the only crap part of it was the opening whistling, which could of been a whole lot better. It was also too short. Much shorter than the original. ***

"Sweet Child O' Mine"- Not bad. I was suprised they never butchered the opening rift like all the other gnr tributes. This one was okay. ****

"It's So Easy" - Umm, I'm not sure if it's a person singing ; or a robot. Maybe buckethead is on this one. Who knows. Anyway- It's crap. *

Well that's it for now, I hope to hear more soon.

ANyone else hear them. Discuss.

Wll you buy it when it comes out?

Guest JohnUlmer

Yeah, I'll buy it when it comes out. Then ritualistically burn it.

Tribute albums suck. Always.

Thanks for the review though. Nice and comprehensive, which is rare around here.

Edited by JohnUlmer

Yeah, I'll buy it when it comes out. Then ritualistically burn it.

Tribute albums suck. Always.

Thanks for the review though. Nice and comprehensive, which is rare around here.

Nativity In Black, A tribute to Black Sabbath. This album does not suck.

If my reading is correct is says that it features members of: Motley Crue, Deep Purple, Guns N Roses, LA Guns, MC5, Brides of Destruction, Adlers Appetite

Interesting

Yeah....

Motley Crue will be John Corabi

Guns N' Roses & MC5 will be Gilby Clarke

LA Guns & Brides.. will be Tracii Guns

Those guys seem to be on every tribute album.

If my reading is correct is says that it features members of: Motley Crue, Deep Purple, Guns N Roses, LA Guns, MC5, Brides of Destruction, Adlers Appetite

Interesting

Does this mean that Steven Adler could be laying down drum parts for a tribute album to a band in which he once belonged? If true, sad but hilarious.

Ha i was thinking that! :rofl-lol::book: