The 3rd Guitarist is a huge slam to Fortus and Finck Faces

rockstar81

If its Batio, at least the lead guitar is in capable hands...even though people think if you can shred uber-fast that you can't play melodic, which is ridiculous.

If its not him, I'm almost positive it'll be Bumblefoot, don't ask me why...maybe the fact he's rescheduled dates? :)

Batio is in some ways an ideal touring guitarist since he can play pretty much everything but his stuff sounds horrific. It's a stereotype example of non-melodic shred as opposed to the genius of somebody like Bucket or Shawn Lane.

Conclusion = If he's in the band, it better be just as a touring player... keep him away from the studio!

Edited by PurpleHaze

I'm quite sure Fortus doesn't want to rock the boat. I'm sure he realises how easily replaceable he is.

Actually he's a very valuable member. N'sync is beating down his doors trying to get him as their permanent session guitarist....between that and touring with Nena....Fortus has a lot of options outside gnr. Axl needs to keep him and Chris Pittman happy if he wants this band to be a success....

do you have to be a dick? :rolleyes:

no respect at all. yea we all know you love the original gnr 10 times more than the new.. but you dont have to be an asshole about it. if you don't support the band wtf are you still doing here? Your constant digs at Fortus and other new members are very unnecessary.

I'm quite sure Fortus doesn't want to rock the boat. I'm sure he realises how easily replaceable he is.

Actually he's a very valuable member. N'sync is beating down his doors trying to get him as their permanent session guitarist....between that and touring with Nena....Fortus has a lot of options outside gnr. Axl needs to keep him and Chris Pittman happy if he wants this band to be a success....

yeah i'm sure he was paid quite well in reference to Fortus, just as Slash did when he played with Michael Jackson ;)

To be fair, MJ was one of the biggest stars in the world when Slash collaborated with him on Give Into Me. He's wasn't always a suspected alien faced child molester y'know. He used to be the greatest entertainer on Earth.

That and he is an amazing talent. Give in to me is an awesome song. Slash has had the honor of working with some of the best musicians in the world...

to be fair to Fortus he worked with Nsync at a time when they were pretty big as well. so ya do what ya gotta do for money. Slash did it and Fortus did it. No need to bag Fortus for doing it when most musicians do it, is my point.

Edited by RocknRollDemon5318

That and he is an amazing talent. Give in to me is an awesome song. Slash has had the honor of working with some of the best musicians in the world...

to be fair to Fortus he worked with Nsync at a time when they were pretty big as well. so ya do what ya gotta do for money. Slash did it and Fortus did it. No need to bag Fortus for doing it when most musicians do it, is my point.

Fortus was a session musican who supported himself and his family with his music. He did what he had to do to make money. Nothing wrong with earning a living.

Sly is just one of those who comes here everyday looking for things to bash these guys on just cuz 'they're the guys in the way of the old band getting back together'

You and Nequik should start a cult. The cult of the "2RF" where you worship the two RF and worship a shrine of them intertwined in homosexual love. Where they complete each other.

Perhaps because it's the same person :P

I think many people misunderstand what it means to play in a band. I never played in a band rhythm guitar and thought "damn I'm just the number 2". Every new musician adds new influences to the band an that's interesting for everyone.

If its Batio, at least the lead guitar is in capable hands...even though people think if you can shred uber-fast that you can't play melodic, which is ridiculous.

If its not him, I'm almost positive it'll be Bumblefoot, don't ask me why...maybe the fact he's rescheduled dates? :)

Is Bumblefoot actually a guitarist? Or is it Ron Thal from the band Bumblefoot?

I'm lost, but if Ron Thal was the guitarist that would be insane B)

EDIT: Nevermind, he changed his name to Bumblefoot

Edited by GNRrocks3

You believe they don't have egos? You believe they appreciate? :question:

I think Robin and Richard could handle the guitar duties by themselves. Both of them play lead. I liked Richard's solos on "Think About You," "Rocket Queen" and "November Rain." And he's a great rhythm guitarist. Robin's solos on the Appetite songs and new material were excellent. The only ones he ran into trouble with are "Live And Let Die" and "November Rain."

I'm guessing they need a 3rd guitarist to duplicate Buckethead's old parts. He was a big part in creating the new material. 3 guitars does sound like a bit much but you can't deny the wall of sound they create is incredible. I think you're right most guitarists would hate having to share the stage with another guy much less two. But Robin and Richard are such humble guys they don't seem to be bothered. They're just glad to be in the band.

Can't wait till Friday to see who the new member is...

Guest RonMexico82
Actually he's a very valuable member. N'sync is beating down his doors trying to get him as their permanent session guitarist....between that and touring with Nena....

The Horror! The Horror! :shocked:

I think many people misunderstand what it means to play in a band. I never played in a band rhythm guitar and thought "damn I'm just the number 2". Every new musician adds new influences to the band an that's interesting for everyone.

Exactly!

I dont think theyl give a shit, there being paid to play their part in a massive band, what an opprotunity for any musician.

This hole 3rd guitarist thing is awesome, pretty sure it aint someone from the past, from what axl said, so who the fuck is it!!!!!!!

The whole keeping it a secret thing must point towards it being a known guitarist worrthy of the hype!!!!

Im almost as excited about who this person is as hearing some more new material!!!!

If they can play Bucket's parts, then they're fine with me.

Yeah. GN'R obviously needs someone to play the parts in the new songs that Bucket played.

EX: Better

There's no way Finck or Fortus can pull off any of those solos.

Edited by Forsaken

this is bullshit. obviously axl wouldn't bring someone aboard who doesn't have chemistry with the rest of the band. that being said, this is the most exciting time i can remember as a gnr fan (and i've been one since 1990)! new guy in the line-up, huge tour, they're back! bigger and better than ever! :shades: we're truly in for something extraordinary this summer and as a fan i've never been prouder to take part in it!