Might this mean 1 of the leaks is the 1st single?

W. Axl Kev

Axl said in 2002 that they were only playing the songs they were not considering putting out as singles. That covered 'Madagascar', 'The Blues' and 'Chinese Democracy'. Assuming this is still the plan might Guns begin to play their first single throughout this Summer tour?

What I'm getting at is that perhaps 'I.R.S' or 'Better' is the first single off the album. Both are hit material in my opinion and would sit well with the public. I'm guessing 'There Was A Time' is not the first single as it is a ballad and they are likely to begin with a rocker to solidify what Guns have always been about.

Any thoughts?

Guest cherry_bomb

i think axl probably heard how well recieved the leaked tracks were and thought itd be a jolly good idea to play them ;)

I think its more likely that they were kind of "forced" to play the new songs because they were leaked in the first place.

I think they were forced to leak the songs because they wanted to play them!

And about the single: I'm not even sure if there will be one... How many Rock Bands do singles nowadays... not too much. If there's gonna be one, I'm sure it will be one of the leaks (also because Axl said those & Madagascar were his fav songs...).

Though I actually think they're releasinh Chinese Democracy. Without any single.

Hey Kev, you still eating your hat when Fall comes? ;)

:laugh:You must be thinking of someone else:ph34r:

As for Guns releasing 'Chinese Democracy' without a single. No. Just No. Not even Guns N' Roses could pull that off. You have to give everyone a sample of what is on the album. Something to promote it.

Hey Kev, you still eating your hat when Fall comes? ;)

You have to give everyone a sample of what is on the album. Something to promote it.

Like a leak or playing it live.

(I don't think THIS album needs promotion anymore. They could probably release it tomorrow and it went straight No. 1)

I hope it's IRS. The leak wasn't that great but it has giant potential and would be an excellent first single.

hahaha the sig is fuckin' awesome..

..it will be either I.R.S..or TIL...let's see....either rock or ballad...

I hope it's IRS. The leak wasn't that great but it has giant potential and would be an excellent first single.

hahaha the sig is fuckin' awesome..

..it will be either I.R.S..or TIL...let's see....either rock or ballad...

Ha, thanks.

And the thing about a ballad is that people waited years for a hard rockin' GN'R track. Not another soppy ballad.

CITR = 2nd single.

Axl said in 2002 that they were only playing the songs they were not considering putting out as singles. That covered 'Madagascar', 'The Blues' and 'Chinese Democracy'. Assuming this is still the plan might Guns begin to play their first single throughout this Summer tour?

What I'm getting at is that perhaps 'I.R.S' or 'Better' is the first single off the album. Both are hit material in my opinion and would sit well with the public. I'm guessing 'There Was A Time' is not the first single as it is a ballad and they are likely to begin with a rocker to solidify what Guns have always been about.

Any thoughts?

That would make sense since CD is believed to come out in the fall (Which I hope and am sure that it will.) So, yeah I think that would work well to generate hype and publicity. Put out a first rocking single to get people's appetites wet and then after the European tour. G-N'-R hit the States in August or so just in enough time to drop the album before starting the U.S. leg.

rock3 Rox on,

Jesse

P.S. I think "Better" would make an awesome 1st single, seeing as how it has the most potential.

Edited by jrockstr

I think Better has the best potential as a single out of all of the hard rocking ones. The Blues would be a very successful rock radio song though IMO. I'd love to see CITR released as a 2nd or 3rd single off the album, that is, if it's on the album at all.