Guns N' Roses Live: Basically Axl With A Cover Band

Guest Facekicker

Well, reviews like this are not bad but ceptical..."now its up to our gun men to prove us otherwise"... that's the message i've got out of it.

For me... better to have a review then no review at all.

In my opinion, Axl doesn't have all of this pressure on him just because he decided to keep the GNR name, he has trouble with most of the media and fans because of the failed 2002 tour,due to the late CD release and specialy the canceled gigs. But our Cat Stevens of Rock'n Roll finally left the mountain (full of faith) and acompaned by damn good musicians!

My friends...after the album hits the stores all media reviews will certainly be different (for better ofc). :shades:

no! don't compare him to Cat Stevens! Cat Stevens went on to become a terrorist or something. that's the last thing we need is the headline:

"pinkfaced braided terrorst attacks new york"

just call him axl rose, oh yeah. and yeah, the band's good to.

:rofl-lol: ok, forget the terrorist part...

And one more thing guys, still regarding slash's enterview...don't you guys find it a litle weird that someone that doesn't speaks to a ex co-worker/friend since 1996 decides to speak about his CD release date?...........

Slash: "I got a lot of flak for having said that, 'cause everybody through I was on glue. I'm the first guy to go… I would never have put out a date. But somebody who would know is who told me that, and that's somebody close to that side of the fence that told me, 'Oh, we got a March release date.' So I just repeated it, basically. It was somebody in the business. They made it sound like it is coming out on such and such a date. Really, I didn't realize that it was such a big deal. And I think some people were like, 'You've gotta be out of your mind.' But it was very sort of casual, in conversation."

That's because he was asked about it in the original interview in January, then he was asked about it again on Saturday.

" Guns N' Roses Live: Basically Axl With A Cover Band, MTV article pisses all over the group."

Huh? :question:

MTV don't pisses over the group. they seems pretty impressed. A few flaws but that's to be count in consider how long it is since Axl last played a show. And 'bout they being a cover band with Axl at the vox... well, at the old songs, that's really what they are.. that said whitout meaning no disrespect to Guns of today. But they will always feels somewhat like a cover band with the old songs. I think thats inevitable.

Meh, I wouldn't worry - the next AMA/VMA/WMA they'll be on the phone to Guns N' Roses faster than a moth to a flame. They'll be booked, and playing there, and MTV won't be able to praise them enough. Mr.Loder will sort that one out.

Guest RonMexico82
NEW YORK — Would Axl Rose bail on us again?

Halfway through "Jungle," Rose was sopping wet — not since Patrick Ewing last hit the hardwood has one man sweated so profusely after just two minutes of physical exertion. As he roared, "I, I wanna hear you scream," Axl unleashed his signature serpentine sway.

Rose, 44, scampered around the stage like a schizophrenic with a hard-to-reach back itch, defying the extra poundage he's visibly added. However, his voice isn't what it once was: At several points during the 19-song set, it appeared Rose couldn't sustain certain notes, taking breathers here and there or simply deferring to the crowd. Although his pipes were smooth for most of the night, they failed him on at least two critical occasions: "Sweet Child O' Mine" and Paul McCartney's "Live and Let Die"

The band also stumbled at times, most noticeably during "Better" — one of several new songs that have leaked online and are believed to be from Rose's decade-in-the-making LP Chinese Democracy, which he said in a recent interview should be out this fall.

But the audience came to hear the classics, even if they were being performed by Axl and what basically amounts to a GN'R cover band.

Sure, this wasn't 1991, and yes, it was Rose standing up there with a bunch of hired guns that doesn't seem capable of holding a candle to the band's classic lineup.

source: - http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1531773/2...?headlines=true

I think these bits are the worst part of the article especially since none of the people posting here that were at the gig mentioned anything about the band stumbling during SCOM, LALD & Better. This is the part that seems most objectionable in defence of Axl and the band. Is he right or wrong?

I've said this before and I'm going to say this again and again and again.. If Axl would have changed the bands name he would have saved himself for reviews like this :)

That's exactly what I keep saying.

Anyway, I wasn't there, but the article seems fairly honest and justified (the full title is "Guns N' Roses Live: Basically Axl With A GN'R Cover Band, But Great Anyway," so you see they aren't simply "pissing all over the group"). Just the impression I got...

Edited by nameless_girl

It's such a shame that Axl had to use the Slash returning rumors to help promote these shows. rolleyes.gif

I thought Axl was done riding the coat tails "of the former members.

If i recall Slash promoted Axl first when he decided to talk about his "rival"/"worst enemy" album release date!

1996 my a....!

Guest RonMexico82

okay I edited the thread title to be a bit more balanced. I still think he was pretty harsh in places.