From what we've heard, do you think Chinese Democracy will be well recieved?

paulkwalton

I've been a gnr fan since I first heard them in 1986, and like everyone else been waiting for Chinese Democracy with baited breath. But from what I've heard from the potential new material, I can't say I'm that impressed. I remember when I first head SCOM, It's so Easy and Paradise City. Those tracks really hit me for six, and took my breath away. Real killer tracks, great melodies, hooks and loads of attitude. But when I hear the majority of the new tracks, I just don't get the same feeling. And to be honest, if they weren't done by Gnr and I heard it on the Radio, I wouldn't pay much attention.

Better for example has a awesome verse, and then the chorus is such a let down. Nothing memorable, and seems like a half assed idea to slap on a good verse. Axl seems to be trying so hard to make the music sound "modern", and it just doesn't always seem to work. Yet when he does something like TWAT, which is more classic gnr territory it sounds awesome.

If Axl is serious about pushing the new Gnr forward, he should stop digging up the past, bringing on Izzy and playing masses of old Appetite stuff. Of course the fans want to hear old stuff, but I just think Axl is playing it too safe. He know's he'll get a good reaction by blasting out Appetite, so why not take a risk and play a set of mostly new stuff (3 albums to choose from, from what I hear).

Anyway, Axl if your reading this. I want to be eating my words when this album comes out, so make sure it kicks my ass.

I could'nt dis-agree more my friend. I think Madagascar is one of the cooler songs I've heard from anyone in a long time and it still hasn't gotten old for me 5 years later. Better's verse is pretty sick, and the chorus is not as good, but the song rocks, plain and simple. I hear something great in TWAT, I think it needs to be fixed up a little, but can you tell me who out there today has intense solos & playing like that going on in their songs. To sum it up , I'm not worried. We've gotten a little taste of where this album's going, some hard shit, some melodic shit, some strange shit. I believe the album will absolutely kill -

Hope some of the newer tunes change your mind - rock1

The album will kick ass, dw about that, and yes the music is much different to the bands old skool music but this new music aint so bad either, there is a 1 or 2 possible hits that we have heard from CD. Also axl's voice has changed, so the new music material has to change to adjust to Axl's different voice.

the new songs sound modern enough to make an impact and theres lots of different styles the album should be a good listen. although i think the new stuff the band rights will be even better than chi dem because they are starting to gel and get a feel of their style now. so im lookin forward to hear some newly written stuff

This is my prediction:

The album will debut at Number 1 no doubt. And you will be seeing them on national Tv like the Tonight Show and David letterman promoting the album. It will even get airplay on MTV and VH1.

It happened with Velvet revolver and Motley Cruie recently.

No doubt it will happen with the new Gunners.

This is my prediction:

The album will debut at Number 1 no doubt. And you will be seeing them on national Tv like the Tonight Show and David letterman promoting the album. It will even get airplay on MTV and VH1.

It happened with Velvet revolver and Motley Cruie recently.

No doubt it will happen with the new Gunners.

praise the Lord!!!!!

Paul i couldent agree with you more on this one. I started listing to guns since i was like 10 and im now 20.

Only over the past year have i heard some of there leeks and yes i agree with you , it is modern, differnt kind of rock, very much robotic electricy,

not so classic mermrable and so much emotion in them.

Anyway im sure i will be buying there album and give them a listen befor passing further judgement

Im pretty sure everyone knows axle has taken a differnt direction mabe for better mabe for worse.

Pesonally i think worse but just my opinion.

Im still a fan, just prefer the old sound :)

p.s i have nothing agaisnt the new band they can all play very well and i carnt knock that.

Ok, from what i have heard is what im basing my opinion on. Axl and co, have gone away and made a complex record that will take more than one listen on the radio to get into. These arent your basic pop songs like SCOM or Paradise City, these are beyond them. Something that you will either love or hate and it will take time to absord. This isnt a good move, espically since the back catalog is full of your basic pop songs, with a few exceptions. What people want to hear is pop songs and what is going to be heard is an album of texture and layers that no one expect the people who made it will truely understand. And the reviews will call it over done and over produced ect. But i do believe that to the people who take the time to listen and understand the album, it will live up to, and out do their expectations...

Totally agree with you jack1986. I personally think the new songs aren't that great. I mean they're good enough to compete with anything out these days but not enough to blow everything out of the water like AFD or UYI did. These are demos though so I am hoping that these new songs will get a huge overhaul for their final versions. But until then I will just listen to AFD and UYI.

I went to all four shows at Hammerstein and I gotta say Sunday's show was, in my opinion, the best only because they only played three new songs on that show. Sure, last night Izzy and Kid Rock showed up but Izzy doesn't make up for playing the new songs that I'm not too fond of and Kid Rock, well, I never been a huge fan of him.

I don't mind new songs but at least make them comparable to the standards of AFD or UYI if you're gonna keep the GNR name. Anyways, that's just my opinion. Hey, if you like the new songs then more power to you, I just expect more from a band using the name GNR.

We havent heard final studio versions of any of the new tracks. I think Chinese Democracy will hit. None of the new tracks are weak, but i think what people miss is some reall great songs.

I think Gunners will be holden beck the big guns, and then suprise everybody. And if hey have like 2-3 strong tracks we havent heard jet, i think it will be great.

If better, the blues, and TWAT are the big guns, i think it still will be good, but it will not change the music.

Like the rolling stone wrote, Axl, you have already beaten Velvet revolver. -And he has!

The new version of "Chinese Democracy" with the extended intro is enough to catapult the album into the stratosphere. It's dancable, grungy hard rock with a brilliant riff. Will surely garner airplay.

There Was A Time shouldn't be a single. It's a complex album track that will be well received on the album, but it's not poppy enough to get lots of airplay. To be honest though, the best chance of a runaway hit single is not BETTER like some people think. Not at all. It's a very good song, but CD would make a far better single.

CD will be high on the charts i mean Greatest Hits peaked at 3 and theere is so much hype for this new record i think people will buy it for sure. Now some will buy it and be dissapointed but there will be many gunners that buy the record and will be like this thing kicks ass

trust me the record will do extremely well

I've been a gnr fan since I first heard them in 1986, and like everyone else been waiting for Chinese Democracy with baited breath. But from what I've heard from the potential new material, I can't say I'm that impressed. I remember when I first head SCOM, It's so Easy and Paradise City. Those tracks really hit me for six, and took my breath away. Real killer tracks, great melodies, hooks and loads of attitude. But when I hear the majority of the new tracks, I just don't get the same feeling. And to be honest, if they weren't done by Gnr and I heard it on the Radio, I wouldn't pay much attention.

Better for example has a awesome verse, and then the chorus is such a let down. Nothing memorable, and seems like a half assed idea to slap on a good verse. Axl seems to be trying so hard to make the music sound "modern", and it just doesn't always seem to work. Yet when he does something like TWAT, which is more classic gnr territory it sounds awesome.

If Axl is serious about pushing the new Gnr forward, he should stop digging up the past, bringing on Izzy and playing masses of old Appetite stuff. Of course the fans want to hear old stuff, but I just think Axl is playing it too safe. He know's he'll get a good reaction by blasting out Appetite, so why not take a risk and play a set of mostly new stuff (3 albums to choose from, from what I hear).

Anyway, Axl if your reading this. I want to be eating my words when this album comes out, so make sure it kicks my ass.

Don't forget we've not yet listened to a finished song, they're still demos or live version and they sound like demos... plus my guess is that Axl feels the same of you about the new songs, that's why they're still not on a record...on a released record... maybe he won't release CD untill he get things fixed.......... :question:

I don't know if it will be well received.

A lot of fans attending NYC's shows went to the bar when they played new songs...

Same reason why many sold tickets for half price right before the show.............my guess

I think that the new album will sell like crazy because of the GNR name. As for the music itself, the only thing we heard were demos and leaks. I personally think that the demos and leaks are, at best, average. If the demos get a huge overhaul before the album comes out, then great, I think it will be great musically but right now I think the album will only sell because of the GNR name instead of selling because of its quality of music.

dont get me wrong i bloddy love better, its amazing sounds brillaint, along with a few others.

But is that what guns and roses is?

Robotic metal

i throught guns n roses standed for classic rock , merable songs, so much passion put into them all.

p.s Again i say. THIS IS MY OPINION, MY FEELINGS ON THE MATTER.

Not the rest of the worlds.

I think that the new album will sell like crazy because of the GNR name. As for the music itself, the only thing we heard were demos and leaks. I personally think that the demos and leaks are, at best, average. If the demos get a huge overhaul before the album comes out, then great, I think it will be great musically but right now I think the album will only sell because of the GNR name instead of selling because of its quality of music.

you are fucking tone deaf.

I agree with Kick13, new songs are going to need some work to make them on par with the older stuff. There's no way you can compare "Better" or "IRS" to the classic stuff, it doesn't come close. But maybe the best stuff is being held back for later in the tour, who knows?

I'm sure even someone who is tone deaf would tell you that IRS and Better aren't exactly memorable tunes.