The Hammerstein Shows

mrvics

I was at the 17th show. I planned on writing a full review but never got to it but one thing that REALLY stood-out from that show was how much Axl was really into the song IRS. He seemed to put a hell of a lot of passion and physical energy into that performance. By his body language and vocal performance, I'm convinced that IRS is one of his favorite songs or he's at least very passionate about it. Before this show, IRS was about third on my list of favorite leaks but now, after seeing it live with all the energy Axl put into it, it's quickly climbing my list. Axl had some new moves for that song only and his voice was just amazing!

Here's short clip of IRS at the Hammerstein. It's at the very end. If you weren't there live, this video clip does very little for my point but you might get an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYN5wK-x9D0

Any one else notice that from the Hammerstein shows? If not, which song do you think Axl favored and/or enjoyed the most?

V~

Edited by mrvics

i liked his better performance, especially the middle bridge part

nightrain and my michelle were good too, and the energy during think about you was crazy cause izzy came out and the crowd went nuts.

although during nightrain, i saw little point to kid rock being there, i don't think he knew the words :P but it was cool nonetheless

i liked his better performance, especially the middle bridge part

nightrain and my michelle were good too, and the energy during think about you was crazy cause izzy came out and the crowd went nuts.

although during nightrain, i saw little point to kid rock being there, i don't think he knew the words :P but it was cool nonetheless

I agree about Kid Rock, for the most part. Although I did go nuts when he came out from back stage, I thought his performance sucked compared to how he performes his songs at his shows. It was like he didn't really give a fuck or, maybe you're right, he didn't know the song well enough.

V~

I was at the 17th show,and I found,not only Axl...but the entire band seemed to be really into IRS AND Better.

They played the hell out of the classics,but I found they really stepped up to the plate for "their" songs and gave it all they had.

But yeah...Axl seemed really into IRS.

I think IRS or Better will be the first single.

Anyone with tickets to upcoming shows are going to be pleasantly surprised how amazing the new songs sound live...it's the one thing most people came back from the Hammerstein talking about!

hheheh, just something i remember from one of the show - i think it was the 15th - there was a basket of apples on an amp or something (i don't remember) and Axl went over to them and he was like "who left these apples here?" and then tommy grabbed one and took a bite

it was so random and made me laugh

It was the 15th, and then later on, I think during Paradise City, he threw one into the audience

I went to the 17th show and GNR played the hell out ot the new songs!!! I enjoyed them as much as the classics

I just wanted to add an extra reply. I was in the very front of the 17th show and while the band was playing "patience" I swear that Izzy winked at me. Anyway, seeing Axl only a couple of feet away from me was amazing. The man still has it. I never gave up on him. Every second was heaven. When Robin Finck got off the stage and passed through the front of the crowd, I fn hugged him. The man has soul inside of him. Im already making plans to go to Califorina for The Inland Invasion. Gnr 4 life!!!

I went to the 17th show and GNR played the hell out ot the new songs!!! I enjoyed them as much as the classics

I just wanted to add an extra reply. I was in the very front of the 17th show and while the band was playing "patience" I swear that Izzy winked at me. Anyway, seeing Axl only a couple of feet away from me was amazing. The man still has it. I never gave up on him. Every second was heaven. When Robin Finck got off the stage and passed through the front of the crowd, I fn hugged him. The man has soul inside of him. Im already making plans to go to Califorina for The Inland Invasion. Gnr 4 life!!!

I was at the front row too, left side of the stage

when robin came down i gave him a pat on the sholder and told him awesome show and then during the goodbyes he handed me a beer from the stage

lol, probably the best day of my life :wub:

lol, is this whole thread made up of the front row, left side? Because I was there, too!!

Anyway, yeah... Axl seems to enjoy the new stuff, and rightly so! Not that I don't love the classics, but it's great to hear new material, too. As for I.R.S. - he likes it enough to throw it in the acoustic set, too, so I'm assuming he really enjoys that one. It's a catchy tune, I like it a lot.

lol, is this whole thread made up of the front row, left side? Because I was there, too!!

Anyway, yeah... Axl seems to enjoy the new stuff, and rightly so! Not that I don't love the classics, but it's great to hear new material, too. As for I.R.S. - he likes it enough to throw it in the acoustic set, too, so I'm assuming he really enjoys that one. It's a catchy tune, I like it a lot.

Haha! JC, Jenna and Hitman, we were all front row, left side!!!

Remember when Axl stopped Nightrain and talked to Brain for a sec? While he was talking to him, I yelled as loud as I could, "KICK HIS ASS!". The crowd was quiet so I figured Axl and everyone around me heard me. Any of you catch that?

Anyway, yeah, I saw Izzy wink at someone to the right of me. I thought that was great.

V~

Remember when Axl stopped Nightrain and talked to Brain for a sec? While he was talking to him, I yelled as loud as I could, "KICK HIS ASS!". The crowd was quiet so I figured Axl and everyone around me heard me. Any of you catch that?

Anyway, yeah, I saw Izzy wink at someone to the right of me. I thought that was great.

V~

lol! I actually do remember that! I was the chick with the pink bandana.

Izzy didn't wink at me, but Ron smiled and mouthed "what's up" to me... by the 17th, he and I were good buddies because I'd seen him everynight at the stage door B)

V~

lol! I actually do remember that! I was the chick with the pink bandana.

Izzy didn't wink at me, but Ron smiled and mouthed "what's up" to me... by the 17th, he and I were good buddies because I'd seen him everynight at the stage door B)

he mouthed "whats up" to me too, it was awesome :)