Does anyone else think...

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Remember what he said at one of the NY shows, from GNRontour:

Axl tells the crowd how Sebastian Bach saved the day, as when he woke up, he'd lost his voice, and he saw a vocal coach to get his voice back.

Axl is getting old, and his style is so self-destructive, he may have some serious, possibly insurmountable problems in the future.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember what he said at one of the NY shows, from GNRontour:
Axl tells the crowd how Sebastian Bach saved the day, as when he woke up, he'd lost his voice, and he saw a vocal coach to get his voice back.

Axl is getting old, and his style is so self-destructive, he may have some serious, possibly insurmountable problems in the future.

I think it's more likely he blew out his voice because he hadn't done a concert in about 4 years. I think there's a good chance his voice will improve as he goes along, and he knocks the rust off his pipes.

Yeah I do. I also thik he'll have problems(real or not) and he simply won't show up one night and that'll be his excuse(after the fact). "My throat was sore"

Now that's just hateful talk! :devil: What kind of fan are you? :D

Yeah I do. I also thik he'll have problems(real or not) and he simply won't show up one night and that'll be his excuse(after the fact). "My throat was sore"

Hateful? Possibly.

Realistic? Definitely.

He will probably have vocal problems throughout the tour, all singers have them.

And Axl isn't old dude, he''s in his 40's. tmost people have the most productive periods of thier lives then.

His voice is a whole lot older than 44.

:lol: It's not so much hateful as it is laced with annoyance. I've seen it all before and this type of scenario would be typical. I mean "technical difficulties" in Madrid. Yeah o.k. :rolleyes: But like OTHAFA said it's most definately a realistic prediction. :lol:

He will probably have vocal problems throughout the tour, all singers have them.

And Axl isn't old dude, he''s in his 40's. tmost people have the most productive periods of thier lives then.

Exactly.

I remember someone on here once said their vocal coach used to always use Axl as an example of how NOT to sing, because it "ruins your throat." He could handle it back in the '90s (when the rasp reached its ultimate power) but it's caught up to him, vocally he just can't maintain what he used to be able to do anymore.

People keep saying his voice will get better as the tour goes on - I think it will to some extent (he sounded excellent in Madrid!) but we must remember people said the exact same thing in 2002.

I think if he has a few days' rest in between shows he should at least be able to perform normally, but if he does numerous shows within a short amount of time I'd bet his voice will go under.

Well I finally watched some videos from Rio, Axl's voice sounds very fragile. The rasp is back, but he can only hold it for a second or so.

Man I think all he really needs to do is get a vocal coach and use his voice properly to brush the dust off, so to speak. Sometimes it seems like his screaming days are over... It's sad, but after that long of abusing his voice you gotta expect it.

Exactly.

I remember someone on here once said their vocal coach used to always use Axl as an example of how NOT to sing, because it "ruins your throat." He could handle it back in the '90s (when the rasp reached its ultimate power) but it's caught up to him, vocally he just can't maintain what he used to be able to do anymore.

People keep saying his voice will get better as the tour goes on - I think it will to some extent (he sounded excellent in Madrid!) but we must remember people said the exact same thing in 2002.

I think if he has a few days' rest in between shows he should at least be able to perform normally, but if he does numerous shows within a short amount of time I'd bet his voice will go under.

I remember reading something like that, then everyone started saying its not true, Axl sounds great, secretly they knew this guy was right

Axl's getting old???

Hey he is only 44!

I guess the majority of you are teenagers but...look at Steven Tyler he is way older and still can sing why shouldn't Axl?

After all he had 10 year of rest for his voice!!!!!!!!!!

And in Rock in Rio he had troubles only in the first songs...more breath troubles then voice lack....

Turning up Axl mic in the mix should help his voice.

Even back in the day, i always felt that they should turn up Axls mic. I hated shows that u could barely hear his voice over the music and he would have to rip it just to be heard. But after all these years, im beginning to think that Axl prefers the mix that way.

I can only comment on the UYI tour from old Guns and his voice was inconsistent at that time too. The difference is judging from some of the boots from 02 and now RIO that Axl has to sing so quietly at times that he's almost not there. I can't remember the specific gig but when he was singing the Blues there was no power in his voice at all. It's a shame but I think it is down to the way he sings being not conducive to consistent performance and this results in vocal problems.

The power seemed to be back at the Hammerstein shows but it looks like the 02 voice is coming back now.

Edited by slashduffizzy

I didnt care for the fact if his voice or not. I just laughed my ass off when he was singing the James Brown Song. It's as if someone was putting a Suppository on the guys rear to sing that song?

Plus the fact that it sounded as if he didnt know the lyrics and just sang the Chorus?

Hi-larious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vkJSdr4Zp8

Jesus. I can only hope he was high during that whole thing.

:huh:

I think Axl will have the full growl back by the end of this tour. I saw the opening show at the Hammerstein and I was fucking blown away by how good he sounded. I think that's the best his voice has sounded so far this tour. I don't think his voice has quite recovered from blowing it out opening night. Axl just has to quit drinking, go back to his herbal elixers, and his voice will be fine. I expect him to be howling like a motherfucker by the time he starts the Chinese Democracy tour in the fall. Maybe this tours soul purpose is to get Axl's voice back in game shape. If he can do the MTV awards and howl like a banshee that would go along way to restoring his image here in North America.

Axl's getting old???

Hey he is only 44!

I guess the majority of you are teenagers but...look at Steven Tyler he is way older and still can sing why shouldn't Axl?

After all he had 10 year of rest for his voice!!!!!!!!!!

And in Rock in Rio he had troubles only in the first songs...more breath troubles then voice lack....

44, plus drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, and a profession that requires 2 hours of screaming every night.

I think you should shut the fuck up if you don't understand what is involved in being a vocalist.

Oh really, then how come "Nightrain" was so dreadful?