Axl suffered muscle spasm during Lisbon show

gnr=axl

Wow, I didn't even know this happened!! :o

But it was a ****ing great show, even more now I know these problems happened. I watched the show on live stream with my sister over here, so we had a rocking night!! rock3 Went to bed kinda late, but it was sooooo great, we couldn't tear us away! rock1

And I have even more respect for Axl, I mean he could have said byeee I'm gone can't perform anymore, but he kept on going, en used the stage a lot more then shows back in 2002. :rofl-lol:

"Overall it was an amazing night and an amazing crowd but we had problems with the band's monitor desk blowing up and there were many times that they could not hear.

Maybe this explains why Axl was drinking wine before the show...

Anytime you start running around like a wild man after not working out for a while.

Which is obvious just looking at his 'physique".

(I think Axl has been lifting burgers and fries a little more than weights and and hitting the treadmill)

Its going to take its toll on a 44 year old body.

But if he hangs in there he will probably be in pretty good shape by tours end. Hes doing a show every other night for two months.

drop a few pounds along the way and hit North America a lean mean fighting machine.

Edited by shades

Anytime you start running around like a wild man after not working out for a while.

Which is obvious just looking at his 'physique".

(I think Axl has been lifting burgers and fries a little more than weights and and hitting the treadmill)

Its going to take its toll on a 44 year old body.

But if he hangs in there he will probably be in pretty good shape by tours end. Hes doing a show every other night for two months.

drop a few pounds along the way and hit North America a lean mean fighting machine.

You may have something there, hell i might quit athletics and just perform every other night, see how it works :P

So far, Axl's comeback is worse than Michael Jordan's comeback to the Washington Wizards.

Axl still rocks, I dont know what music you have been listening to

Edited by shades

Whatever! I can tell you weren't in New York!

No I was not in N.Y. but I have heard soundbytes and Axl sounds like shit. Especially in Rio. Don't give me that monitor excuse cause that excuse is tired. :rolleyes: Axl is a professional singer and should be able to at least sing in key if he can't hear himself. Just because you were at a show and you were all starstruck and caught up in the moment does not make it a good show.

So far, Axl's comeback is worse than Michael Jordan's comeback to the Washington Wizards.

Da hasn't listened to any music because he wasn't at any of the shows.

He's just doing his typical Axl bashing based on no facts, which is getting really tired. :rolleyes: Do us all a favor Da - and stay in the VR section.

Da hasn't listened to any music because he wasn't at any of the shows.

He's just doing his typical Axl bashing based on no facts, which is getting really tired. :rolleyes: Do us all a favor Da - and stay in the VR section.

Did you read my post right before yours??? Obviously not. :rolleyes: I'm the most objective sonoba bitch in this board. I just gave props to Axl for finally realizing that he's 44 years old and not 4. I also said that his voice is out of shape but will get better over time. In fact, I think that this is his best voice since UYI days. Maybe even better.

But...............I still don't like Finck's playing nor do I like Brain's. He fucked up SCOM with too many crashes. Too much cowbell on It's So Easy.

BTW..............you don't have to be at the show to tell whether a voice is good or not. I'd rather listen to soundboard to judge. People think because they are caught up in the emotion because their favorite band is in front of them, it's a good show. That's not being objective.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

BTW..............you don't have to be at the show to tell whether a voice is good or not. I'd rather listen to soundboard to judge. People think because they are caught up in the emotion because their favorite band is in front of them, it's a good show. That's not being objective.

It's true!

Everytime I had the chance to see back home a bootleg of the show I've been to I had completely different impressions, when u are there emotions overtake u and you see everything with the eyes of heart, then u go back home and u can discern what was good and what was bad...

As for Axl's voice I think it's the reason still people buys ticket for the show............ who would go to see this band if there were all the same musicians but with a different singer?

Axl voice is the best and considering how much I was scared in 2002 I love to hear it how is it now!!!!

No I was not in N.Y. but I have heard soundbytes and Axl sounds like shit. Especially in Rio. Don't give me that monitor excuse cause that excuse is tired. :rolleyes: Axl is a professional singer and should be able to at least sing in key if he can't hear himself. Just because you were at a show and you were all starstruck and caught up in the moment does not make it a good show.

You shouldn't be talkin like this bout rio concert. It was fuckin amazing. I was there and i never thought it could be SO good. Axl was great and the band was awesome aswell. Anyway, i understand u think it was awful cuz i saw the concert on tv yesterday and it has nothing to do with what happened there. The sound is shitty and u can barely hear the guitars. But believe me, the show was fantastic. Axl's back!

You shouldn't be talkin like this bout rio concert. It was fuckin amazing. I was there and i never thought it could be SO good. Axl was great and the band was awesome aswell. Anyway, i understand u think it was awful cuz i saw the concert on tv yesterday and it has nothing to do with what happened there. The sound is shitty and u can barely hear the guitars. But believe me, the show was fantastic. Axl's back!

Axl sounded great in the beginning. But his voice started to taper off. Better sounded embarrassing.

In New York, on the 15th, we could tell Axl was holding his voice back on a few songs.

I think he does this from time to time especially if he has to do shows back to back.

As far as him having a muscle spasm....well, he's 44 years old. We are all headed in the same direction. He still rocks out and has a lot of energy. He probably just had to deal with a permanent injury resurfacing again or something. I don't believe a muscle spasm would be cause for any concern....just like a charlie horse and everyone has had one of those.

Edited by Just_a_little_patience