Let's open the gates of hell !!

Gallagher Rose

I love the way that people put down Axl to what his voice and stage presence was like 13 years ago. Nobody comments about how Izzy, Steve, Gilby have done fuck all to make the world notice them and Duff, Matt and Slash helped put out an okay album which was nearly 2 and a half years ago now and nothing seems to be happening in the near future. Axl has taken the world by storm and its gradually getting into the press over here which isn't an easy thing to do if you've been out of the lime light for so long. When Guns N' Roses release Chinese Democracy i guarantee it will piss all over the rushed Contraband.

yes' but if they weren't living off the original line ups name' it would have about the same effect

ps- i hate contraband btw

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way that people put down Axl to what his voice and stage presence was like 13 years ago. Nobody comments about how Izzy, Steve, Gilby have done fuck all to make the world notice them and Duff, Matt and Slash helped put out an okay album which was nearly 2 and a half years ago now and nothing seems to be happening in the near future. Axl has taken the world by storm and its gradually getting into the press over here which isn't an easy thing to do if you've been out of the lime light for so long. When Guns N' Roses release Chinese Democracy i guarantee it will piss all over the rushed Contraband.

yes' but if they weren't living off the original line ups name' it would have about the same effect

ps- i hate contraband btw

I can see your point lawrence as i always do but i guess it's just one of those things where we'll never know.

Edited by Mama Kin

You have no clue! Axl is riding the name Guns n' Roses and to a lesser extent "Axl Rose" Don't tell us Axl has taken the world by storm because he has NOT!. Nobody gives a shit about him or his FAKE Guns N' Roses except us. Bands like Coldplay, Rolling Stones, Green Day, U2, RHCP(as much as I dislike them) are the bands takeing the world by storm and to a lesser extent bands like The Killers, The Strokes, Kanye West, etc etc. Face it Axl/"Gn'R have not taken anyone by storm other than the the internet fans. get off the crack and start useing some persepective.

What do I hate about Guns N' Roses? The "Fans".

Awesome! You being one of them right? You know the "fans". Explain what being a "fan" means to you and then I'll decide if I respect/agree with your comment.

Bands like Coldplay, Rolling Stones, Green Day, U2, RHCP(as much as I dislike them) are the bands takeing the world by storm and to a lesser extent bands like The Killers, The Strokes, Kanye West, etc etc. Face it Axl/"Gn'R have not taken anyone by storm other than the the internet fans.

i have to agree with THESE comments' this is todays music scene'

try this for size

You have no clue! Axl is riding the name Guns n' Roses and to a lesser extent "Axl Rose" Don't tell us Axl has taken the world by storm because he has NOT!. Nobody gives a shit about him or his FAKE Guns N' Roses except us. Bands like Coldplay, Rolling Stones, Green Day, U2, RHCP(as much as I dislike them) are the bands takeing the world by storm and to a lesser extent bands like The Killers, The Strokes, Kanye West, etc etc. Face it Axl/"Gn'R have not taken anyone by storm other than the the internet fans. get off the crack and start useing some persepective.

But i like crack, trust me when i say once Guns N'Roses release Chinese Democracy they will blow away the piles of shit we call Coldplay, Green Day, The Killers and The Strokes.

But i like crack,

:rofl-lol:

i think kanye is ok

Edited by lawrence

But i like crack,

:rofl-lol:

i think kanye is ok

Yeah Kanye is extremely talented and i love The Rolling Stones, U2 and occasionally RHCP because these guys are still rocking all over the world as Status Quo would say but their not offering anything new IMO but i think GN'R will release an album unlike any other when CD is released :)

for a band that hasn't released an album, they are doing very well considering, imagine what it will be like when the album is released.

for a band that hasn't released an album, they are doing very well considering, imagine what it will be like when the album is released.

I couldn't of put it better myself Axl-rocks :)

Edited by Mama Kin

Guest RonMexico82

1: Overindulging in AFD material. Why don't they play their new stuff more?? Not to mention all the great UYI stuff. Somehow I think that the new band couldn't pull off the likes of Estranged or Breakdown anyway.

2:Beautiful - what they fuck are they thinking???

3:Audience interaction is pretty poor. The only one that has had any real effect on the audience has been Ron and his Don't Cry solo.

4: Nothing spontaneous at all, why not surprise people with something different like an acoustic nuimber or two like that surprise gig in New York.

5: Give more solos to Ron once he knows them, let him play all of November Rain or shit why not let him have a crack at Civil War or something?

First off: Learn to quote properly you guys. I mean seriously who's the noob here :drevil::lol: As for Chinese Democracy blowing away what's huge right now........ I don't think it will. RHCP have sold out hugely and are rehashing the same shit over and over again because they've found a formula that sells on radio. I mean Californication------> Stadium Arcadium equals one long boreing album. yet goofs will buy into that shit every time. Coldplay have a nich where people will buy them no matter what. It sadens me to say that they'll sell no matter how shitty they become because they've found a fanbase that's not gonna go away. Greenday will die out unless they can appeal to the youngest of the young generation on every album from here on out.. I don't know anyone over 21 who thought American Idiot was "Brilliant" U2 is U2. Unbeatable. Don't bother trying. they're in the realm of the Beatles and Stones and Zeppelin by now wheather we like it or not there's no denying it. they're a non fadctor because they're untouchable by todays standards. As for the Stones they are living legends who as long as they are rockin will be the number one draw no matter what. The Best Gn'R can hope for is to be top ten or have a few hit singles and sell a few(5-9) million albums. Let's not worry about it. I fyou score you score, if not then oh well. As long as we win right? rock3

1: Overindulging in AFD material. Why don't they play their new stuff more?? Not to mention all the great UYI stuff. Somehow I think that the new band couldn't pull off the likes of Estranged or Breakdown anyway.

2:Beautiful - what they fuck are they thinking???

3:Audience interaction is pretty poor. The only one that has had any real effect on the audience has been Ron and his Don't Cry solo.

4: Nothing spontaneous at all, why not surprise people with something different like an acoustic nuimber or two like that surprise gig in New York.

5: Give more solos to Ron once he knows them, let him play all of November Rain or shit why not let him have a crack at Civil War or something?

as i said in a previous post

these are the reasons i aint going to the uk shows' ive watched the aol footage from rio' its done nothing to impress me at all'

pretty poor i think

ps i dont like keane' but there new song is better than anything off cd weve heard so far-

Edited by lawrence

exactly they aint released an album'

they're living off former glorys

well the old band members walked out, so of course the current line up is going to play the songs that people pay to hear. people want to hear the classics at the concerts. They want to hear Axl sing them.

When the album is released they will play heaps more newer songs, but they will still play the old aswell.

Edited by Axl-rocks

First off: Learn to quote properly you guys. I mean seriously who's the noob here :drevil::lol: As for Chinese Democracy blowing away what's huge right now........ I don't think it will. RHCP have sold out hugely and are rehashing the same shit over and over again because they've found a formula that sells on radio. I mean Californication------> Stadium Arcadium equals one long boreing album. yet goofs will buy into that shit every time. Coldplay have a nich where people will buy them no matter what. It sadens me to say that they'll sell no matter how shitty they become because they've found a fanbase that's not gonna go away. Greenday will die out unless they can appeal to the youngest of the young generation on every album from here on out.. I don't know anyone over 21 who thought American Idiot was "Brilliant" U2 is U2. Unbeatable. Don't bother trying. they're in the realm of the Beatles and Stones and Zeppelin by now wheather we like it or not there's no denying it. they're a non fadctor because they're untouchable by todays standards. As for the Stones they are living legends who as long as they are rockin will be the number one draw no matter what. The Best Gn'R can hope for is to be top ten or have a few hit singles and sell a few(5-9) million albums. Let's not worry about it. I fyou score you score, if not then oh well. As long as we win right? rock3

See now that is an awesome post and i agree completely but Guns N' Roses will appeal to young people who love Rock music and of course older people who have loved GN'R since they released AFD. Yeah they'll know that the original line-up no longer exsists but i guarantee they'll still buy the album. Chinese Democracy will be one of the biggest selling albums in history IMO and it will be because all the fans of GN'R buying it whether it be out of love or curiosity, either way Guns N' Roses will win. This will then start as building block for higher things.

well the old band members walked out, so of course the current line up is going to play the songs that people pay to hear. people want to hear the classics at the concerts. They want to hear Axl sing them.

When the album is released they will play heaps more newer songs, but they will still play the old aswell.

so your saying if they played all new material no one would go see them

youve just proved me right' they're living off former glorys

i rest my case

Lawrence:I hate you for all the youtubes you're posting. :lol: You're seriously ruining the new band for me. To be honest Guns N' Roses will never, NEVER, NEVER, have the attitude, or genuinness or attitude, or whatever else anyone wants to call it, that the old band had. The old band was something different and to anyone who honestly feels this new band embodies that , well all I have to say is that in my opinion you're not a real fan of Gn'R ad you have no clue what the old band was all about.

Lawrence:I hate you for all the youtubes you're posting. :lol: You're seriously ruining the new band for me. To be honest Guns N' Roses will never, NEVER, NEVER, have the attitude, or genuinness or attitude, or whatever else anyone wants to call it, that the old band had. The old band was something different and to anyone who honestly feels this new band embodies that , well all I have to say is that in my opinion you're not a real fan of Gn'R ad you have no clue what the old band was all about.

Attitude and genuiness only ever comes into it after ability, performances, genius lyrical ability, amazing live shows etc etc etc. If you base a band on attitude and geniuness then i feel sory for you. Axl can write better lyrics in 10 minutes than anyone in VR, fact.

so your saying if they played all new material no one would go see them

youve just proved me right' they're living off former glorys

i rest my case

no I never said that at all, people will still go and see them, although some will be disapointed if they didn't play nightrain or paradise city etc. Even with the UYI days, the old guns still played the older songs during their concerts, it's the way it is. People want to hear the new, they want to hear the old and everything in between and this band does deliver that, when the album drops they will play more new songs but for now this is just the beginning of what's to come.

dude you forget' half these members weren't alive then' they were still an itch in there dads nut sack

i'm pushin 33 now

let me be honest with you

i was as exited as everyone else about the leaks (wich i happen to like)

& about axls comeback

but after watching various downloads & hearing the live performances of this cover band' i'm really dissapointed'

its my birthday next month' my wife was gonna by me some tickets for the nec show as a surprise early present

i'm really glad she didn't' i can think of a thousand more things i'd like'

Attitude and genuiness only ever comes into it after ability, performances, genius lyrical ability, amazing live shows etc etc etc. If you base a band on attitude and geniuness then i feel sory for you. Axl can write better lyrics in 10 minutes than anyone in VR, fact.

And so what? Axl is a lyricist. Slash can write a riff in ten minutes I gaurentee it. Can Axl? No he can't. Lyrics and riffs are all about attitude and how you feel. It's all about emotion and I find the new band to lack a huge amount of emotion. Mostly because I feel they are playing Axl Rose's solo tunes. It's a sham and we all know it. Even the most die hard "new Guns" fan knows this band is all about Axl. the new guys may have a say and may contribute but their contribution ends when Axl says "No I don't think that's good." despite how much the others may like Bumblebee's(Decepticon or Autobot?) or Robin's or Richard's new riff, unless Uncle Axl approves it's not gonna see the light of day. This is not a band, there for it has no attitude. The original Gn'R had loads of attitude and it came axcross in the songs. It came out in the lyrics and in the riffs and in Stevens drums and Duff's bass and Izzy's rythem adn it showed on the album. AFD was Attitude..... the band was attitude first, talent and artistic ability second. Admit it. the band wa fueled by attitude. If you don't see the importance of attiude and genuineness in a band then I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU because you're lending yourself to a world of Nicklebacks and Three Doors Down, Hoobastanks and Simple Plan types of bands. bands with no true attuitdue and nothing genuine about them or their songs.

I don't think the rest of the world has been taken by storm...I'd say overall reaction from people that don't follow GnR on the internet has been: :sleeper:

Sorry to disappoint you.

And so what? Axl is a lyricist. Slash can write a riff in ten minutes I gaurentee it. Can Axl? No he can't. Lyrics and riffs are all about attitude and how you feel. It's all about emotion and I find the new band to lack a huge amount of emotion. Mostly because I feel they are playing Axl Rose's solo tunes. It's a sham and we all know it. Even the most die hard "new Guns" fan knows this band is all about Axl. the new guys may have a say and may contribute but their contribution ends when Axl says "No I don't think that's good." despite how much the others may like Bumblebee's(Decepticon or Autobot?) or Robin's or Richard's new riff, unless Uncle Axl approves it's not gonna see the light of day. This is not a band, there for it has no attitude. The original Gn'R had loads of attitude and it came axcross in the songs. It came out in the lyrics and in the riffs and in Stevens drums and Duff's bass and Izzy's rythem adn it showed on the album. AFD was Attitude..... the band was attitude first, talent and artistic ability second. Admit it. the band wa fueled by attitude. If you don't see the importance of attiude and genuineness in a band then I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU because you're lending yourself to a world of Nicklebacks and Three Doors Down, Hoobastanks and Simple Plan types of bands. bands with no true attuitdue and nothing genuine about them or their songs.

Fucking hell, the AFD days are long gone and it's clear from your posts you want a reunion but it ain't gonna happen. Axl grew up, he vented his anger on AFD and matured for both UYI albums with a little attitude thrown in here and there. The man isn't a 25 year old pissed off guy anymore, he is a mature middle aged man who wants to go out and have a blast while playing amazing music, old and new. I would like to see the source you got your information from about Axl not letting the band have hardly any input into what goes on because i'm 100% certain you don't have one. So unless you have a source, please don't post bullshit assumptions.