Let's open the gates of hell !!

Gallagher Rose

I think it's time that Axl is gonna do something completely different. Wouldn't it be great that the band leaves the stage and Axl does some piano solo and perform November rain without the band? Just Axl,the piano and nothing more.

Edited by droezle

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently they're a glorified cover band.

By yrs end , be THE BIGGEST BAND IN THE WORLD AGAIN!, guess you missed the memo how the summer concert scene is looking, do a search, you will see that GNR , are # 1 as far as tix sales goin now. , hm wonder why! :book:

Edited by jazjme

robin fink

no new songs' only what we've heard.

thats why i aint going to the uk concerts

you are the one missing out

no you are the one missing out' your in arizona :)

i aint paying good money to watch robin fink butcher the glory day songs'

if slash was in the band i'd be there

i have no problem with the other new members :)

Matt's solos were far, far worse than any of the new GNR ones.

Anyway, this thread is really unnecessary - "Fans" stop in every now and again to make threads dedicated to how much they miss the old lineup and put down the new one, so there's no point in yet another one.

ya those "fans" can go fuck themselves. They are worthless here now. The past is the past. People should either accept it or move on.

we're entitled to an opinion' just cos it differs from yours dont get exited'

were do you want us to move on to? :monkey: YOU go fuck yourself

idiot1sy.png

Yes, they do have their downfalls, but not everyone is perfect.

I'm just fuckin happy that Guns N' Roses are back performing for us.

And everyone else should be too! rock3

Otherwise :fuckyou:

ECW ECW ECW!

we are bro, but even god has some bad qualities, god forbid mine were ever listed :o

I agree this shouldn't turn in a New Vs. Old thread. As much as I would love to see a reunion, right now isn't the time. Axl & The New Guns have put too much time into Chinese Democracy, and the material deserves to be heard and preformed. Richard, Robin, and Ron deserve a chance to prove themselves. Those who dislike them have to face it, they are GNR now.

no you are the one missing out' your in arizona :)

i aint paying good money to watch robin fink butcher the glory day songs'

if slash was in the band i'd be there

i have no problem with the other new members :)

what does the state I live in have to do with anything?

You'd be paying good money to see Guns N' Roses kick a lot of ass!

Slash is not in the band anymore, nor is he a part of GNR anymore.. are you like waiting around for him to come back? you'd have more luck waiting for Chinese Democracy (in both senses). If you have no problems with the other members why wouldn't you go to at least see Axl?

we're entitled to an opinion' just cos it differs from yours dont get exited'

were do you want us to move on to? :monkey: YOU go fuck yourself

Well if i shared the opinion of the average hater, and this band wasn't something I was into, I would find something else to be passionate about. makes sense if you ask me. Some of you guys are like the stalkerish ex-boyfriend/girlfriend who hasn't accepted reality 10 years later. Its quite pathetic.

Can't say I reallly dislike anything about the new band. I thought they sounded tight and fucking amazing at Hammerstien(may 15th) but it's not Gn'R to me and that is honestly a hard thing for a long time fan to get past. I love the new band but they aren't Gn'R. I think Richard rules and if it weren't for the image of Slash in relation to Gn'R I would dare say say Richard has more stage presence than Slash. Honestly the guy fucking rips. He's by far the most underrated member of the new band. All we hear is Bumblefoot this and Robin that..... Seriously people open your ears and take a closer look. Richard is the not only owning the stage he's laying down the best solos which(besides his) are so borng by the way. Save for Richard's part I would call the guitar solos nothing more than a glorified sound check. be honest people the gutiar solos have sucked so far and Richards are the only ones that offer anything close to an original melody.

To the Hallucination--Bumblefoot's "Don't Cry" touched a nerve. I was highly impressed by that. Richard didn't do that for me.

Things That I Don't Approve Of

~No Bandanna on Axl

~I have a personal grudge against aviators, but Axl makes them look the best I've seen--all the others are just trendy hipsters

~No Civil War, Don't Cry, Breakdown and Locomotive. Am I the only person who LOVES Breakdown?

~Thal's goofy-ass Bumble-guitar and hat (Though it's not quite as ridiculous as a KFC bucket)

~A lack of info on CD.

~Dizzy's hair.

~Robin's beard

~No more random covers/homages--I wouldn't mind hearing Mama Kin or Dust in the Wind, or hell, something they've never done before (Back in Black would be appropriate, seems to me). Also, I honestly think a cover of a Velvet Revolver song would be fucking hilarious.

~No appreciation for the good things along with the bad

Things That Rule

~Axl's voice being back

~Thal's Don't Cry solo

~The playing of all the members

~That badass gold jacket Axl wore at Rock in Rio

~No more goofy white short shorts :P

~The Blues.

~The fact that they're touring at all.

~Riding the Night Train (Amazing Number in Rio)

~"Fucking Off in G" ;)

~Axl's general happiness---his enthusiasm is apparent on his face

~Axl's serpentine dance moves

I think in the end the good outweigh the bad and having them tour as is rocks the fuckign world.

Welcome to the fucking Jungle

~Bryan

Edited by Bryan

I'd really like something official from axl himself about the realease of the cd

I'd really like to know what is this tour about?!Supporting the forthcoming album or is a warm up tour?

And yes I agree with you all when you say I'd like to hear some of the new material...

Well anyway I'm so happy to see Axl back on the road and that is enough for me...I've waited for this so much and now I only want to attend to some shows and have a great time

yes the new band really are better than this :rofl-lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7VW4Wq542Y...s%2014%20yeares

:o Wow! After watching that I am so sad. Axl has lost it completely. I mean his voice and stage presence back then was undeniable. Now its o.k. and slighty pushed. Slash is the king of it all and Izzy is a master. he was no doubt the glue of this band. Lawrence please don't post shit like this anymore because all it does is make my praise for the new band look stupid. I love this clip but I hate you for posting it. :angry::lol: Laugh or frown I DON'T KNOW. :unsure:

k the things I hate-

NEW BAND BASHERS- it gets old :no: very very fast....If you like guns so much either support them, or go support velvet revolver, enough of this slash is guns axl is the rose shit, Axl, Robin, Ron, Tommy, Richard, Dizzy, main part of the new band.

The point being- You can still like the old band, but if you're living in the past dont drag us back with you (the ones who acctually accept guns is guns vr is vr), stop the bashing, this lineup has great chemistry, great music LISTEN TO AXL HE SOUNDS GREAT, LISTEN TO THE GUITARS, BASS, PIANO, DRUMS ITS ALL GREAT. Love the old music, huuuuuge fan of the old members, HUUUge fan of the new lineup, but get your head out of the 80's/90's or stop wasting your time bashing the new guys :fuckyou::heart: ahh most of em arnt even new guys anymore!!

fucking agreed, well said Studham

yes the new band really are better than this :rofl-lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7VW4Wq542Y...s%2014%20yeares

why even post this here? this is supposed to be about the new guys. Talk about playing 14 years in St Louis in the Original Gunners section.

Wow! talk about getting on the defensive. Shu t up! All you're doing is sonding like an insecure "new guys" fan. Who gives a rats ass if old footage gets posted here. If everyone is so amped and hyped and confident about the new band they'd have no problem with stuff like this being posted. the only people who would have a problem with it would be those who have issues with footage of the old band putting the new band to shame being posted. Ouch eh!? Think before you spout off.

k the things I hate-

NEW BAND BASHERS- it gets old :no: very very fast....If you like guns so much either support them, or go support velvet revolver, enough of this slash is guns axl is the rose shit, Axl, Robin, Ron, Tommy, Richard, Dizzy, main part of the new band.

The point being- You can still like the old band, but if you're living in the past dont drag us back with you (the ones who acctually accept guns is guns vr is vr), stop the bashing, this lineup has great chemistry, great music LISTEN TO AXL HE SOUNDS GREAT, LISTEN TO THE GUITARS, BASS, PIANO, DRUMS ITS ALL GREAT. Love the old music, huuuuuge fan of the old members, HUUUge fan of the new lineup, but get your head out of the 80's/90's or stop wasting your time bashing the new guys :fuckyou::heart: ahh most of em arnt even new guys anymore!!

fucking agreed, well said Studham

I agree too, great post :)

I dislike nothing.

same

I love the way that people put down Axl to what his voice and stage presence was like 13 years ago. Nobody comments about how Izzy, Steve, Gilby have done fuck all to make the world notice them and Duff, Matt and Slash helped put out an okay album which was nearly 2 and a half years ago now and nothing seems to be happening in the near future. Axl has taken the world by storm and its gradually getting into the press over here which isn't an easy thing to do if you've been out of the lime light for so long. When Guns N' Roses release Chinese Democracy i guarantee it will piss all over the rushed Contraband.