Finck's Untouchable SCOM solo from Budapest!

MetaSouL

with a screenname like that, your posts on this topic mean absolutely nothing.

Fantastic post as always, Axls_Disillusion.

This topic has nothing at all to do with axl. This is about Robin Finck's SCOM solo, and when someone named "slashaholic" or some other jerk off Slash fan (its usually the same ones) come into Robin threads and bash Robin's playing, it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Either accept the guy is in the band and the lead guitarist, and if its not your thing, then bye bye, go like something else. but to sit on GNR boards whining and moaning day after day about Slash being the only one who can play GNR solos when he hasn't been in the band for over 10 years is just ridiuclous and sad.

The person who has played every single solo in any old Guns N' Roses song the best is Slash, end of discussion. He wrote a vast majority of them and only he can play them in the way they should be played. That being said, some of the new guitarists have done a nice job with them, but their job shouldn't be to outdo Slash on old songs; instead they should make the songs sound solid, but not necessarily mind-blowing like Slash did, but create outstanding guitar work on NEW songs. I really don't care much anymore about how these guys sound on the old songs anymore because I am getting tired of seeing the same old setlists every night. I want a new album with new songs, and only then will this new lineup be looked at as completely legitimate.

The person who has played every single solo in any old Guns N' Roses song the best is Slash, end of discussion. He wrote a vast majority of them and only he can play them in the way they should be played. That being said, some of the new guitarists have done a nice job with them, but their job shouldn't be to outdo Slash on old songs; instead they should make the songs sound solid, but not necessarily mind-blowing like Slash did, but create outstanding guitar work on NEW songs. I really don't care much anymore about how these guys sound on the old songs anymore because I am getting tired of seeing the same old setlists every night. I want a new album with new songs, and only then will this new lineup be looked at as completely legitimate.

i agree with some of that. not the part about the best being Slash, but that the new material is really what this band should be judged on. The old material is just for shows.

Yay. Another fucking temper tantrum thread. We haven't seen enough of these in one minute. Twenty seem to appear in one single minute :rolleyes:.

Everyone makes this hard. "It's just a glorified cover band" - "Slash isn't the only one who can rip these solos!" Yawn. We've heard these posts several hundred times from both sides, and you people still aren't bored with repeating the same post to boost your morale here?

Here's something you should all find simple:

Any man with a guitar plays solos. With me so far? Okay. Any man can attempt to play any solo he wants. Still with me? Each solo will sound different, no matter what.

Bottom line: Men and women who have guitars tend to play solos. When you're in Guns N' Roses and you play SCOM, the lead guitarist (whoever that may be) will play the solo. They aren't going to stand there and look at the crowd because people like Slash instead. People who like Finck playing the solo, that's fine too. They are both fucking guitar players. You know, that instrument with a certain amount of strings with a neck? That's a guitar, and people play it. Yeah, I sound like I'm explaining to children, well, it needs to be done sometimes. Especially in threads where people throw hissy fits over who they prefer.

Personally, I love Slash and Finck. Both can play a mean guitar. I can love both guitarists and not compare them. It's easy. If I got up on stage and played the SCOM solo, I wouldn't compare myself to Slash. I'd be glad I have that kind of talent. Unfortunately, on this forum, the talent takes a backseat to people who have certain personas. Uh oh, Slash doesn't play in the band now. Uh oh, Finck doesn't wear a top hat, he's not old school. Give me a break.

To the person who started this thread: Thanks for the solo, but really, don't use the word "untouchable" to describe it. You know it will only start fits that will result in someone crying over this band being a cover band, or someone defending Finck until they vomit on themselves.

Edited by Zeppelin

Yay. Another fucking temper tantrum thread. We haven't seen enough of these in one minute. Twenty seem to appear in one single minute :rolleyes:.

Everyone makes this hard. "It's just a glorified cover band" - "Slash isn't the only one who can rip these solos!" Yawn. We've heard these posts several hundred times from both sides, and you people still aren't bored with repeating the same post to boost your morale here?

Here's something you should all find simple:

Any man with a guitar plays solos. With me so far? Okay. Any man can attempt to play any solo he wants. Still with me? Each solo will sound different, no matter what.

Bottom line: Men and women who have guitars tend to play solos. When you're in Guns N' Roses and you play SCOM, the lead guitarist (whoever that may be) will play the solo. They aren't going to stand there and look at the crowd because people like Slash instead. People who like Finck playing the solo, that's fine too. They are both fucking guitar players. You know, that instrument with a certain amount of strings with a neck? That's a guitar, and people play it. Yeah, I sound like I'm explaining to children, well, it needs to be done sometimes. Especially in threads where people throw hissy fits over who they prefer.

Personally, I love Slash and Finck. Both can play a mean guitar. I can love both guitarists and not compare them. It's easy. If I got up on stage and played the SCOM solo, I wouldn't compare myself to Slash. I'd be glad I have that kind of talent. Unfortunately, on this forum, the talent takes a backseat to people who have certain personas. Uh oh, Slash doesn't play in the band now. Uh oh, Finck doesn't wear a top hat, he's not old school. Give me a break.

To the person who started this thread: Thanks for the solo, but really, don't use the word "untouchable" to describe it. You know it will only start fits that will result in someone crying over this band being a cover band, or someone defending Finck until they vomit on themselves.

voice of reason!... lock the thread and take zepps advice

• 4 weeks later...