Can We Record Together??

The last thread like this got deleted :(

But let's try it again.

We were making an attempt at recording a Gn'R song. And I'm pretty sure it was decided it to be "Nightrain".

I still got Gn'R's rythmn guitar for Nightrain, and my remix/re-edit/remaster of it.

1. Gn'R (not the band but the mygnr member)'s Nighrain Original recording -Download--->Here

2. Gn'R's Nightrain -Jackamo's Version- Enhanced/Remastered.Etc, -Download--->Here

So if you can play drums, guitar or if you can sing, etc.--> then upload it. We'll put it all together at the end and have a tribute song for Guns N' Roses.

• 2 weeks later...
Shouldn't You Record Drums First?

I would say no in this case. In the case of a real recording being put together, there will often be a headphone feed to the drummer of the guitarist and/or bassist playing their parts of the song in another area of the studio. The guitarist/bassist will not be recorded, but will act as a guide to the drummer. If you are drumming to no actual music, it can be very easy to lose your place.

Sounds like fun. Are we going to have different members doing different bits or 5 members per song?

I can play quite a few GNR songs (mainly rhythm tracks) but can do some Slash parts well. If theres demand I'll come and fill in any gaps.

Shouldn't You Record Drums First?

If you are drumming to no actual music, it can be very easy to lose your place.

that's true, so whoever lays the bass or guitar down, MAKE SURE you are listening to a metronome, because if your sense of timing isn't impeccable, you're wasting everyone elses time.

that rythm for nightrain sucks, its far off. i wold post mine but i have trouble converting my Kristal recordings to .wav

yeah but it's all we have right now. someone needs to record and upload something (Nightrain).

that rythm for nightrain sucks, its far off. i wold post mine but i have trouble converting my Kristal recordings to .wav

yeah but it's all we have right now. someone needs to record and upload something (Nightrain).

ill try and get mine up. when i export theres no souind on the file

how do i upload it onm yousendit? or is there an easier way?

I HAVE THE OFFICIAL TABS AND NOTES FOR ALL OF THE SONGS SO IF YOU NEED IT I CAN SCAN THEM. ALSO I HAVE THE OFFICIAL NIGHTRAIN TABS AND NOTES FOR BASS

also it should be recorded as follows:

DRUMS

BASS

RYTHM GUITAR

LEAD GUITAR

VOCALS

you can record each seperately in order and then open them as a track/waver in your recording thing. that way its easy to be all together and then the vocals will finish the whole thing and send it over to whoever will remaster and mix and shit

record using Kristal. its free and easy

It's not far off and at least i was productive and posted a recording. I know it is not perfect but it doesn't suck. Is it my playing or is it just that I'am not playing it correct. You really should back up your statements.

Edited by Gn'R

It's not far off and at least i was productive and posted a recording. I know it is not perfect but it doesn't suck. Is it my playing or is it just that I'am not playing it correct. You really should back up your statements.

the recording quality is kinda bad. its really the music, wya off. your playing is alright.

i would post my recording (which i can tell in advance has mistakes) but i dont get how to do iot on yousendit.

why does everyone get defensive all of the time. freakng fat tampons :rolleyes:

EDIT: I spelled fat wrong

Edited by Slash 20

who is singing? i can lay down some lyric's but how do i get them to you? i anit all that computer smart if you know what i mean what exquiment do i need and stuff i think this will kick ass

Do you have a voice recorder? If you don't they can be found fairly cheap and most Mp3 players have them built in. Anyway, first record the vocals and then save them. Then go to an upload site and upload it, give us the link and it's as easy as that.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3OKFW531

there are many bumpy parts. but the timing is right and thats not final. i did that quickly in multiple tracks

forgot to mention i looped the ending because i dont know ho wmany times it is in the song so yeah.

That was more off than mine. And i didn't mention this before but i was listening to the song when i recorded my version so it has to be right . Why do you say mine is so off its not really that off. Sorry that i have to be so critical but thats how you were to me so ya. Iam not saying that your playing is bad, but the was times were you played a part too many times and it seems like you play the main riff a little too fast. It sounded like you rushed through the recording but i think it has potenial.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3OKFW531

there are many bumpy parts. but the timing is right and thats not final. i did that quickly in multiple tracks

forgot to mention i looped the ending because i dont know ho wmany times it is in the song so yeah.

That was more off than mine. And i didn't mention this before but i was listening to the song when i recorded my version so it has to be right . Why do you say mine is so off its not really that off. Sorry that i have to be so critical but thats how you were to me so ya. Iam not saying that your playing is bad, but the was times were you played a part too many times and it seems like you play the main riff a little too fast. It sounded like you rushed through the recording but i think it has potenial.

quads thoughts:

here we go, slash20- you suck, you are in no position to tell gn'r that he's way off, he blows you away.

ok, and gn'r- not bad, bro, i'm sensing that you were playing very carefully and stiffly, you were most likely staring at the fretboard the whole time, you need to play a little more loosely, believe it or not, you'll actually sound tighter.

i might put a version up tomorrow but my sound recorder sucks ass. i got the first solo covered no problem. i also play most of the song a little differently- i play the rhythm and lead at the same time, well, except for the solo.

i have a feeling that no one is anywhere good enough (or willing to learn) the solo at the end (the riff from 3:43 to 3:55, and the one at the very end). and i don't have the time to learn it. i could throw up some improv for the time being.

i know the tempo is off but the parts are right. the verse doesnt go

PM--------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------

--7----7--7--7--7----------------------------

--7----7--7- 7--7----------------------------

--5--- 5--5--5--5----------------------------

that how it is on gn'r's

i have the damn book and i do know the notation

ill record a better one in a week, ill be gone for one week.