Post by Bumblefoot about the "party" and the press

fishyguy

well don't know you guys, but him and the rest of the band always striked me as non party guys hehe, not like Axl anyway.. Axl is the one with the crazy requests and rockstar behavior :lol:

hehe too bad that newspaper quoted him saying that! I thought it was kinda out of character for him to say it haha

I can imagine the guys sleeping all night long on the bus.. they are so wild :lol: but I love them for that.. Axl is trying so hard to be back in the 80s but that ain't happening, times have changed, he's older, he looks more pathetic than bad ass with all that "blonde chicks in leather" divo requests lol

actually tommy was one of the most renown partiers of the 80's. He used to pass out during shows (infact the whole band did) and they had to end some shows early (started some riots). Even now, it looks like Tommy only drinks beer during the shows and definitly gets a bit drunk by the time the show is over.

Im sure whenever Axl wants to party Tommy is there right next to him ;)

http://bumbleforum.lesvilles.org/viewtopic...8&start=600

We will party all night long," guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal told Expressen earlier in the night.

The band had previously asked to be met by Swedish blondes at the after-party — a request which was publicized in the local media.

I can only speak for myself, this is not an official band statement, just my own personal comment...

Partying "all night long" ? The only thing I said, if anything to anyone, was "I'll be sleeping on the tour bus to Oslo all night long" - lol - which is exactly what I (and others) did.

As for *the band* "asking to be met by Swedish blondes..." - I knew nothing about that. We stopped by a club for a few hours and got to hang with people that went to the show, then hit the bus and woke up in Oslo. That's all. Anyone that knows me, that has hung out or worked with me, knows I don't get drunk, I don't do drugs, and I don't don't fuck around on my girl - just not my way. And I don't request other women. Ask around.

Too often, people will print stories and try to make them more interesting and juicier than they really are, without considering the collateral damage of the people they're hurting indirectly by enhancing the stories. There's no one I love and respect more in this world than my wife, Jen - she's the best person I know, and my best friend. Let *that* be the one true thing you read on the internet.

bbf

This is definitely very sweet!

But maybe all the rumors about the band partying all night and asking for blonds were Axl referred?

As long as we know Axl partied all night and got drunk, and was with a blond girl and was...arrested, so he wasn't in Oslo...he missed the bus...

Maybe someone wrote "the band" but ment "Axl"

Thank you Bumblefoot for showing how cute and sweet and nice and clever a rocker could be!

I don't like this bumblefuck dude. He's too nice. He must be lying. No one is that perfect. What's the point in being in GNR if you don't bang a truck load of strippers. At least Axl is brawling with chicks!

I'm gonna send in a squadron of undercover girls to bang BFF.

No, I'm kidding. Branflakes all round!!!!

I don't like this bumblefuck dude. He's too nice. He must be lying. No one is that perfect. What's the point in being in GNR if you don't bang a truck load of strippers. At least Axl is brawling with chicks!

what is this, 1987? :rolleyes:

Dude - It's like - 2006 or some shit. Pfff! Hello!? - :blink:

Exactly, thats my point!

That decadent lifestyle is old and cheesey... People need to get with the now...

Edited by Charles Manson

Exactly, thats my point!

That decadent lifestyle is old and cheesey... People need to get with the now...

I know man. I was being sarcastic. I'm right with you.

I was joking dudes. Fucking strippers never goes out of fashion, dood. Obviously I'm jesting but come on is pulling braids and biting calfs all 2006?

Face it nothing's changed. Axl has swapped the cigarette holder for a cigar and swedish girls in leather for strippers. Bring back the hot pants!

in other words, ron is talking about "all you punks in the press that want to start shit by printin' lies instead of the things we said."

But I think he is also saying "I am going to say the truth since this was a decision by "the band". Though I believe in monogamy I just think the press talks too much shit".

Thats what I got.

I agree, he is a great person on or off the stage.

I was joking dudes. Fucking strippers never goes out of fashion, dood. Obviously I'm jesting but come on is pulling braids and biting calfs all 2006?

Face it nothing's changed. Axl has swapped the cigarette holder for a cigar and swedish girls in leather for strippers. Bring back the hot pants!

Exactly. You can take the _______ out of _______ but you can't take the...

Do the math.

mike-tyson.jpg

Edited by Ions

bumbledollars is a really great guy. Ok, let's move on people. Slash was a great guy as well and look what happened to him. Forced out of his own band made to play with Scott Weiland n' Matt Poodle. There's no justice in the world I'm telling you, none at all. Viva la Stockholm.

Exactly, thats my point!

Cheesy??? R u kidding me dude? Ppl just say that cuz they dont have the guts to go out and do it! But its not old theres tons of fucking metal and rock n roll bands coming up here who just party like theres no tommorow.

Its all part of the sex, drugs and rock n' roll thing, its just that bands these days are fuckin pussies.

Exactly, thats my point!

Cheesy??? R u kidding me dude? Ppl just say that cuz they dont have the guts to go out and do it! But its not old theres tons of fucking metal and rock n roll bands coming up here who just party like theres no tommorow.

Its all part of the sex, drugs and rock n' roll thing, its just that bands these days are fuckin pussies.

Um - Yeah - But the partying thing isn't really cool... MAN! It was deemed cool at one time years ago, but now everybody and their Mom is doing blow and drinking. It's not that romantic anymore, as far as music is concerned. Axl was never addicted to shit - but he sure understood the benefits of exploiting the band members that did! It's what was happening at the time. Do you honestly think Axl called Slash on his heroin use, opening for the Stones, in front of thousands of people after a brief 'hiatus' because he was genuinely concerned for Slash's well being? Or the state of the band? (sorry not heroin use - "Dancing with Mr Brownstone" LOL!) If so - get your head out of your ass! We've all seen the 'Behind The Music' episode where Slash states explicitly that that's what probably made him hate Axl more than anything and that he'll never be able to forgive him? Any reasonable person would agree that there would no reason to address the issue that way. He could have talked to their manager, to Slash - etc - etc - etc. Behind the scenes! Axl is smarter than a lot of people give him credit for, and back in the day knew exactly how to manipulate the media. Unfortunately his tactics haven't seemed to progress with the times.

Whatever. The fact is that the few demos and live tracks that 1/5th (Axl) of that band have put together are far superior to the sum total of all the shit, including 'Contrivedband', that the other 4/5ths have released. Do the math.

Edited by Ions

Good read, good post, great guy. Very refreshing to hear from a young rocker.

Here's what Dizzy says...

Yeah man, while Bumblefoot is sleeping we've had a ball with the Swedish "Hookers and Blow!!" Thank God Axl got that on our rider! Axl, Robin, Richard, Brain and I have been living like Roman Emperors! Caligula's got nothing on us man!!!! YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!

HAHAHA, just kidding.

Edited by axlskAmpf